Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats interesting. When I was trying to add vehicle details during insurance purchase process, I got two options:
Model S Long Range
Model S Performance
Just spoke to a very helpful SA. He told me this is a problem specific to USAA. All other insurers are listing it as a Long Range. He sent me my Monroney sticker. I'm currently on hold with USAA trying to sort this out.

He also tracked my vehicle. It's in Fremont.

Just spoke to a very helpful SA. He told me this is a problem specific to USAA. All other insurers are listing it as a Long Range. He sent me my Monroney sticker. I'm currently on hold with USAA trying to sort this out.

If we apply the standard SA discount to that, your car is in the Philippines and every insurer is in fact more expensive than USAA. Good luck!

My key fob battery died already, and of course it's one I don't keep around, CR2330. Ordered some. Luckily phone key has been working for several weeks now but I grabbed it from the drawer yesterday to quickly open the frunk and it was stone dead.

Pretty weird, had no such issue with my 2016 P90D's key fob, though it appears to be a different design. Anyone else have this problem? I'm worried it's just going to keep draining batteries.

My key fob battery died already, and of course it's one I don't keep around, CR2330. Ordered some. Luckily phone key has been working for several weeks now but I grabbed it from the drawer yesterday to quickly open the frunk and it was stone dead.

Pretty weird, had no such issue with my 2016 P90D's key fob, though it appears to be a different design. Anyone else have this problem? I'm worried it's just going to keep draining batteries.

New keys use bluetooth, totally different from the old keys. Probably a firmware bug that prevented it from going to sleep.

Great news that you got your VIN. I'm happy for you.

But, you ordered a month later than me and your EDD range as of yesterday was more than a week later than mine. It's all a mind game designed to push you to your breaking point! (And I know there are others who ordered far earlier than i did that are still waiting).

Thanks for listening. I feel a little better now.

BTW, my EDD tighten overnight by one day to 08-20. WTF.

Do you have any advice for other USAA members to get ahead of this when updating our policies? Should I avoid the web app workflow and just call USAA when I get my VIN? I was quoted about a $1200 annual increase through the website and I'm wondering if that's too high based on your experience.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Couldn't resist emailing my SA this morning.

View attachment 692999
So... Yea... There is this thing about the guy in Nashville.
Mmanner:
2021 MS Plaid, MSM, Cream/wood 19", FSD, 9.26.20 Plaid+ res RN11395, converted to Plaid RN11504 by call from Tesla 5.27.21, VIN as of 8.4.2021

Perhaps the other one is a convert as well?