Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the topic of rebadging (sorry if missed this in the several hundred posts since other day), are people planning on replacing PLAID wording with the Plaid graphic?
This is something I've been thinking about. If I remove the badge, I might go with the graphics emblem. Very few people will know what to make of it, which I prefer. Maybe I'll drive the car for a few weeks to see how it goes. I'm like 70/30 in favor of ditching the plaid badge.

Your wall charger connects to your internet? Mine is just a plug. What am I missin'? View attachment 695383
The 2nd gen wall chargers do connect to the internet and they get updates that way. I didn’t know about the WiFi at first and found out about it about a year later. I had been having all sorts of problems with my car not staying charged after a few days, but once I connected it to WiFi it started working perfectly.

@pac_ I just started entering information in the Google Docs Sheet. Is it reasonable to assume I have a 'good' VehicleMapID (25004XXX) if it is the lowest number in the sheet for MSLR 19"? My EDD is fluctuating between 8/24-8/26 to 9/3 each day since 8/8. Trying to not get too hopeful. Thanks!
It’s hard to tell with any confidence what the vehicle map IDs mean. We see that they appear to increase with the RNs, but perhaps not on a one-to-one basis, and my best guess is that they have something to do with mapping the reservation with Tesla to an eventual configuration on a car. The schema I'm guessing is:
  1. Order -> RN
  2. Configuration -> Vehicle Map ID
  3. Actual car -> VIN
The most probable insight to glean from you having the lowest map ID of the 19"s is that you’ll probably be in the first n% of deliveries based on how many people have 19”s in the sheet (e.g., if there are fifty 19”s in the sheet, you’re probably in the first 2%). Of course, this doesn't mean you're in the first n% of the global population of orders because the people who filled out the spreadsheet are almost certainly not representative of the global population who ordered (i.e., we’re all obsessed early adopters) so I don’t know how predictable things would be as we get deeper into the list. I think we'll notice a weaker correlation between rank in the spreadsheet and actual delivery timeline...it's probably pretty heteroscedastic if you wanna get inside baseball on it. But I don't know--I'm really just guessing about all of this! The only thing we've seen with any consistency is a total lack of predictability.

Net net—don't hold your breath, but since you’re probably near the front of the front of the line, I would suspect you have strong reason to be hopeful!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So I have a working wall charger, however it refuses to connect to my wifi. I enter the code and it hangs, stops responding and the interface drops. I have tried several times and made sure the password is correct. The signal is 3/5 bars. Any help?
I had a similar problem a bunch of months ago when I had it installed. Had to do it over and over again until I got it to take. I think the trick is connecting your phone to the actual Tesla charging unit in making the connection to your wifi.

The 2nd gen wall chargers do connect to the internet and they get updates that way. I didn’t know about the WiFi at first and found out about it about a year later. I had been having all sorts of problems with my car not staying charged after a few days, but once I connected it to WiFi it started working perfectly.

I thought the 2nd gen wall chargers connect to the car which connects to the Internet that way. By themselves they don't get updates, but the car is the gateway...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Dude. If you ordered black in January you are getting your order. But you have made your mind up, not worth my effort to change it. Did you ever go look at MarcG's two orders? I doubt it.
Yes I saw it. But most of us are at least somewhat color agnostic. Those that ordered a white interior did so because they preferred it, but most will probably be fine taking delivery of black if they are told it will save them eight months in waiting for a car.

There are posts of people getting their car within days or weeks of a recent order. If this truly is an issue with white interiors you would expect tesla to call everyone who had reserved a white interior or send an email asking if they want to change to a black interior.

Right now we have no choice other than to wait on our early reservations, or simply make a new order and pay an extra $10k. No one really knows when the car is actually coming, if at all. The service advisors have zero information. Any change to configuration will result in a $10,000 price increase and going to the end of the line. The estimated delivery date seems random, mine went from June to July to blank to February. Meanwhile people who recently ordered cars are picking them up left and right. Oh yeah and they are paying a $10,000 premium so I don’t believe that it’s not somehow related.

I thought the 2nd gen wall chargers connect to the car which connects to the Internet that way. By themselves they don't get updates, but the car is the gateway...
Mine connects directly to the internet as I connected it. The information on how to do it is on the back or in the box it came in. I’ve never heard of there being an internet connection through the charge port.

Wishing you all the best of luck with your Tesla’s, but I’m tapping out. Worst car purchasing experience ever and I’ve purchased several dozen new cars. Taycan it is. ✌️

Attachments

• 5B9D2FFD-51BE-4BA2-B3A8-861C733769CF.jpeg
    5B9D2FFD-51BE-4BA2-B3A8-861C733769CF.jpeg
    539.8 KB · Views: 104
@bananaheim Got a VIN in the last hour!!!
VIN 5YJSA1E61MF439xxxx. First 439 I’ve seen. The problem? My EDD changed from 8/14-8/21 to “January”! WTF is going on?! @WilliamG
Update: For grins and giggle, I gave my newly found VIN to my Allstate agent to quote. Clean driving record, multiple policies…
$1700 every six months! WTF, and no lube with that either (I did ask)! What are you all seeing, insurance wise?