Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going from my old S to my wife's Honda Pilot, I typically turned the windshield wipers on every time before actually putting her Pilot in gear. Took some muscle memory to fix that. Sure she will appreciate me swiping my finger all over her infotainment screen trying to change gears.
Having the exact same problems driving my old Pilot. The worst is leaving it running and getting out and walking away.

I would probably do just that, and leave them off until you do road trips at high speed. Looking great!😁
This is my plan, only use the aero caps for long road trips where there might be a few supercharger stops (which I do very rarely - once or twice a year). Just ordered some of those center caps to arrive on Monday and sit in a pile with my mudflats and push rivets, waiting for my car to be delivered hahaha.

This is my plan, only use the aero caps for long road trips where there might be a few supercharger stops (which I do very rarely - once or twice a year). Just ordered some of those center caps to arrive on Monday and sit in a pile with my mudflats and push rivets, waiting for my car to be delivered hahaha.
@2021plaid @DukeofURL But the question is, "What about replacing those fuggly raw metal lug nuts"? Would love a black similar to the other chrome delete black....

Here’s some more 19” shots, with center wheel caps from a Tesla M3 wheel cap kit I never used. BYOB (Butter)!
The question is, go with or without Aeros? Was thinking about only using the Aeros on road trips at speed. Thoughts? Comments?

View attachment 698754View attachment 698757
On your car’s color - looks amazing and I’d leave them off too. I’m not sure how this would look on Red though.

Like many others in cold climates, I chose the 19” due to (possibly over concern with) potholes. As part of my customization, I have planned to remove the caps and powder coat the wheels. Any thoughts on whether this could improve the look or am I wasting my money? I realize it’s personal preference but any insights from those with experience? Thanks.
I would consider powder coating them to match the trim, but still overall, I think these wheels are ugly. Looking at aftermarket option, including some places with literally over 100 choices, if these wheels were on the list, I would probably put them dead last.

Here’s some more 19” shots, with center wheel caps from a Tesla M3 wheel cap kit I never used. BYOB (Butter)!
The question is, go with or without Aeros? Was thinking about only using the Aeros on road trips at speed. Thoughts? Comments?

View attachment 698754View attachment 698757
The center caps help a lot, and I admit that on this color, the wheels do look better without the covers.

I was thinking this for protection.

View attachment 698762
Take a look at my avatar. This is exactly what I have on my '49 Buick!

I wonder what the market value is going to be for a set of Tempest wheels. Seeing as how I can't drop 7K on winter rims, I'm curious if the number of people dumping them for forged wheels will make them reasonably cheap.
I will be thrilled to the marrow if someone were to buy my tempest wheels. I’ll be ordering my rims and tires the moment I have the car On the 2nd of Sept. if all things hold.

Last edited:
Mine dropped 25% in one mo the
it’s a 2007 LS460L. I’ve read used cars are dropping
Mine dropped about the same on a 5 Series BMW. Was shocked it dropped that much in such a short time, now wondering if I should just keep it and ride out my lease or try to get someone to take it over. Last month it was a no brainer as the value was so strong. Bummer!

Mine dropped about the same on a 5 Series BMW. Was shocked it dropped that much in such a short time, now wondering if I should just keep it and ride out my lease or try to get someone to take it over. Last month it was a no brainer as the value was so strong. Bummer!
This is why I am pretty set on making sure I get my delivery concluded before my trade valuation on our Mustang expires on Sept 11th. My delievery is now scheduled for September 2nd, which is very likely to hold within a few days of that with the car in actual transit (not sitting at the factory).

Anyone ever had Tesla try to re-negotiate the trade value upon delivery while still within the valuation deadline?

My trade is in great condition, will match the pictures I uploaded, with no codes thrown and no modifications ever done to the car. Even the miles will be within 30 miles of what the odometer pics I provided. In other words, I’m trying to make sure they have no valid excuse for saying “we need to discuss your trade here”. I’m counting on them not messing with me on my trade at delivery, and that may be an unrealistic. Please let me know if there are horror stories or that Tesla is pretty good about this in general.

@2021plaid @DukeofURL But the question is, "What about replacing those fuggly raw metal lug nuts"? Would love a black similar to the other chrome delete black....
Get Unplugged's titanium lugs. GoTtA sAvE dA wEiGhT

Edit: They're only $500. 😂

Last edited:
What center caps did you order and are you customizing your mud flaps?