Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I have 100 miles on my Plaid now and finally got to do some aggressive driving. The car is definitely faster than my 1100hp CTS-V and feels great. Right off the bat a modified hellcat came flying up on my rear and did an obnoxious 3 lane shift to come around me....it didn't turn out well for him lol. The way I left him was just magical. I love how the dashcam captures all angles of his humiliation.

I will say the brakes are nowhere nears as good as my Caddy in terms of initial bite and overall feel. It could be that I didn't get on the brakes hard enough but in general they feel kind of scary and not great when slowing down from high speeds. Next time out I'll try some more aggressive braking to see if they get better with a lot more pressure. Having said that, the brakes on the V are probably the best I've experienced in any car and have 6 piston brembo calipers up front and 4 piston in the back with giant 2 piece rotors. The performance brembo pads on the V are excellent but will coat the wheels in dust within 1 drive lol. Outside of the brakes, the Plaid seems superior and I can't wait to enjoy it more.

Couple of minor complaints/questions so far: I was using autopilot/cruise control and waited a bit too long to respond to the warning about putting pressure on the yoke so it disabled autopilot for the rest of that drive. Is there no way to set cruise control without autopilot? I really have to stop the car and start over to get cruise control back? Seems odd and annoying.

Playing around with the boombox feature, I was disappointed to learn that the audio plays via inside speakers as well and will stop whatever other source was currently playing. Is there no way to turn that part of boombox off? I only want it to play through outside speaker and not take over in cabin audio.
If there’s such thing, I have plaid envy! Looks fantastic. Best color! Can’t wait for my
s l o w LR!

I believe they took it away in the newest version. You and me must be the Android peasants lol. 😔
1e8bfa04d401353280d81bfb1d2ec798.jpeg
Even the new version has markers for 80/90% , if you slide the bar it kinda stops at those markers

I ordered the Weathertech trunk mat for the 2021 last night so they have it now. The don’t have the frunk or rear mats yet
Hi, I don't see the new 2021 MS trunk mat on the Weathertech site. The pic I can find looks like the old version (I have one of those left over from my 2017 MS). Could you send me a link, sorry for the bother on this, and thanks!

just took delivery of the new MS LR 19” wheels today. As many of you have noted, Tesla is delivering cars without floor mats, trunk load floor mats, and summer tires but you just have to flag it and they will provide a due bill for you to get all of the mats and all season tires once available. Has anyone noticed the side view mirrors being loose? Maybe I am picky but it seems like objects appear jittery in the mirrors even at slow speeds. Aside from this the finish on the car is excellent compared to the last versions. Panel gaps and trim all appears to line up. The most noticeable difference (aside from yoke and landscape screen lol) is how quiet the cabin is. Even without the ANC you almost can tell the different between when the car is in motion/parked…really impressed so far! Just need the software update now so I can actually turn the subwoofer up!! Cheers

So if this is correct, does this mean that FSD V10 will indeed be available later this week for all new MS and other Tesla EVs with FSD via the “download beta” button option? If so, for all those who have FSD in their new MS Plaid/LR, what are your thoughts on trying it?

Reactions: impastu
just took delivery of the new MS LR 19” wheels today. As many of you have noted, Tesla is delivering cars without floor mats, trunk load floor mats, and summer tires but you just have to flag it and they will provide a due bill for you to get all of the mats and all season tires once available. Has anyone noticed the side view mirrors being loose? Maybe I am picky but it seems like objects appear jittery in the mirrors even at slow speeds. Aside from this the finish on the car is excellent compared to the last versions. Panel gaps and trim all appears to line up. The most noticeable difference (aside from yoke and landscape screen lol) is how quiet the cabin is. Even without the ANC you almost can tell the different between when the car is in motion/parked…really impressed so far! Just need the software update now so I can actually turn the subwoofer up!! Cheers
Congrats!

Check out the issues thread -- the mirrors are definitely on the list. People have even gotten SC to swap them out, and the replacements have the same problem. :(

The quietness is interesting. I believe I've seen videos where people with decibel meters have compared the new and old models and not noticed much difference -- but people say it nevertheless seems quieter. Wonder what's going on there.

So if this is correct, does this mean that FSD V10 will indeed be available later this week for all new MS and other Tesla EVs with FSD via the “download beta” button option? If so, for all those who have FSD in their new MS Plaid/LR, what are your thoughts on trying it?

v10 is supposed to be released this coming Friday and the button will be in v10.1 which is about 2 weeks later.