Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the 7:35 ring time was the official time.

Maybe the 7:30 time was with the upcoming track pack.

I'm wondering if it will improve once they tune the torque vectoring? Or was this actually testing the torque vectoring?

also... if I hadn't already named my car "Spaceball One", I'd definitely be naming it ELEKTROFAHRZEUG, hahaha

Alpharetta, GA- Currently they have me paying cash but with low interest rates I think i want to take advantage of them. Here is my question- should I wait for a vin or go ahead and call and have them help me out. I am worried it will push my date back
I would definitely wait for a VIN. I did the same thing and switched when the car was already in transit. It did not delay me.

I did a quick search and it seems the I3 was first delivered in Sept 2013.

I seem to remember some MS being delivered before that and the demo I drove in 2012 had throttle pedal controlled regen.

Not sure who did what first but it seems Tesla has been doing it at least as long as the I3.
It was much later that Tesla used throttle regen to cause the car to come to a complete stop. It would only slow you down to a low speed and then stop regen.

8751FE12-5782-4B05-883B-AC2B444F2E1B.jpeg
EBA1B01B-1F3E-47C1-B581-BFCD35C222BA.jpeg
B2048E96-07C4-46A8-A77E-DB5D5B4F6C3E.jpeg
F7004F2C-F55C-4F57-A6FE-D883DE63338D.jpeg

Okay, so my 21" Signature Monoblock SV104 forged wheels (brushed black triple tinted) arrived but sadly I don’t have my Tesla MS Plaid to put them on yet, lol…so here they wait in the garage until the Beast arrives! 🙏🏻😎

Last edited:
My LR delivery was set for next Tuesday. Waited 8 months. Today I was out in Scottsdale delivery facility area so I decided to look for my car. No luck so I asked the service delivery guys it’s status and about getting that 2K taken off so I could get a cashiers check ready for Tuesday delivery. He’s like what 2K? I’m like really dude, looks at my order dates. He got the 2K taken off within 5 minutes, he looked my car up and said it has passed inspection and I can pick up tonight at 6. Whoa! They paid for my Uber ride to get there this evening (50 miles). It is flawless visually, every rumored missing trunk part was there. All gaps and rubber hood, no scrapes underneath. It’s as fast as I need and the hubcaps look better than expected, but I’m still planning to powder coat the 19’s to match black trim. The only problem I found is tires need balancing between 105-120 mph. Pics on low suspension setting. VIN 441. Frunk is open.
The red really pops. It looks great.

Just curious. How often do you go 105-120 mph?