Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s all one needs to look at in this debate about which one has better “value”. Tesla is arguably producing more LRs than Plaids, yet, there are so many inventory Plaids available and no LRs
Not really. There could be more Plaids available because Tesla is front loading with the most profitable build. Plus a lot more people can afford the LR, but not the Plaid. Higher demand does not just mean better value. It could just mean the LR has a larger economic audience.

No............not so much BIG butts..........but shapely butts, for your edification.
Ok. Some clarification.

On bodies, I look at, believe it or not, the hamstrings. On HIS rear end, I was looking at the shapeliness yes, but what really piqued my interest was the fact he de-badged the Plaid. Now that I found just plain hot. Humble, yet proud. Stealthy with a statement. Pure confidence. No need for external validation. The definition of hotness.

Today feels like another delivery day.

After pick up 9/9 I barely had time with the car before turning it over for PPF, tinting, and probably something else. After discovering that the paint repair on my fender wasn't completely baked, I found myself having to wait another week to get the car. Well, that ends today! I get it late tonight, just in enough time to go home, go to sleep, get up very early and catch the 8:30a to SFO. I won't get to see Bobby again until Friday afternoon.

Still, I'm excited!

Car is beautiful. I do think it's funny however that in my youth, a car that looked like this usually meant they couldn't afford to finish painting it, so they drove around with just the primer. Now it is a sought after look. :)
The satin and matte style has come a long way from shiny, glossy, and chrome stuff
Agreed on both counts. Tesla also used to like bling, shiny chrome - all gone now. Tastes ebb and flow!

It's like music. 80's songs were terrible until they were popular again.

Anyway, I'm happy with the somewhat unique look (for now). Until it's no longer uncommon lol 😝

Agreed on both counts. Tesla also used to like bling, shiny chrome - all gone now. Tastes ebb and flow!

It's like music. 80's songs were terrible until they were popular again.

Anyway, I'm happy with the somewhat unique look (for now). Until it's no longer uncommon lol 😝

First off, 80s songs were never terrible.

Second, yes, I'm glad matte & satin are back.

The satin and matte style has come a long way from shiny, glossy, and chrome stuff
You mean no one wants these wheels anymore (19, 21 or bling)?

1632168828322.png

Be sure and check Tesla.com/inventory since you are ordering a Plaid and there are quite a few new ones in inventory available for immediate delivery depending on your location.
Yup, I've been keeping an eye on inventory available for immediate sale, but it turns out that it would actually be better if Tesla's EDD of Jan-Feb ends up being correct, as I need that much time to arrange to pay for it the way I'd like to.

In an attempt to head off the inevitable "how are you paying for it?" "You're financing it??? What are you thinking, man?" "You're an idiot to finance a car!" type of thread depreciation, I'll just state the following...

Yes, I *could* pay cash for the car. But like most people, my "cash" isn't in "cash." It's in investments. Stocks, to be specific. And I don't want to sell any of my current portfolio to pay for a car.

So the option becomes financing, as most (luckily) of my investments are performing better than the interest rate on a car loan, then the choice is car loan, right? Nope. I have enough equity in our house to refinance it, take out a bit of equity, and end up "financing" the car at a much lower interest rate (ie, the primary mortgage), stretch it out over a longer period of time, and even write the interest off on my taxes, since the car will be "financed" through the primary mortgage of our principal residence. And of course, there's the option to pay it back more quickly if I so desire (and, in fact, I do).

There's a bunch of different ways to pay for a car.... this is just the one that makes the most sense for my particular situation. Again, there are a lot of options. This is the one I chose. And yes, I'm aware of the alternatives. ;) So many "money managers" here on TMC!

"But if you do it like this!!!!!!...." Hush, you. I'm not on a financial forum, I'm on a CAR forum. But thanks for your good intentions. :)

Anyway, it's going to take a few months to get the mortgage done.

Hey, I've got similar timeline. Congrats. MS LRs coming out fast & furious now that the long wait time MSPs are getting pushed into EOQ. Maybe we'll run into each other at Rocklin, CA pick up? My dates haven't moved in over 5 wks! But, I am oh so glad it is not EOQ dt. I'll know more on my EDD definitively once it goes to Feb or Blank again, I guess.
Wonder what the odds are that we'll actually end up with 2022s? Typically, other auto manuf go over to (2022) "N" on VINs by mid Oct. Right?? 🤞
Team Rocklin in October 👍

Looks great. I've been driving around lately with the aerocaps off and it has grown on me. The 19s are probably more efficient with the caps on but I'm not sure. On a road trip, I'll put em back on.
That's actually really good to hear.

I couldn't order the 21" wheels, due to what passes for "roads" where I live; 21's would get destroyed in short order here. 19's are even pushing it a bit.

I really don't mind the look of the 19's, but could certainly see that some people wouldn't care for them.

As to the aero caps, OMG they're ugly IMO, but I'll use them when driving to work (131.6 miles, not that I've ever measured...) hopefully, they aren't too bad to put on/take off, as I'd like to keep them off for "around the town" driving.

That is some real selective cherry picking you have done there. And you also have completely fabricated things I have never said. Where to start:

Where did you get this? I have not fought hard. I haven't even fought, to convince anyone that my choice is "worth it". You are imagining this point of view. I have never ONCE told a Plaid buyer they made a mistake, or should have purchased a LR, unless it was a tongue in cheek joke. I have made jokes about the subject, and advised one person who was on the fence about how to consider each vehicle, but I have never said or felt the way you are describing my point of view.

I stated that Plaid would be overkill, but I was specifically talking about my situation. You see how you took something I assigned to my situation, and then generalized it as something I was saying about all Plaids? My exact quote is "I also think the Plaid would be overkill with where I live and drive. I can't even open up the LR safely, and there are no 1/4 mile tracks within a few hours of me."

If you want to talk about my comments, great. But if you want to assign meaning to things based on feelings I have never expressed, or points of views I do not have, keep those thoughts to yourself.
AnselmDante said:
That's why they increased the price by $10k, because they accurately priced it in the first place. 🤔

My favorite part of this is when there was a $50k difference between the LR and Plaid, and so many people were arguing how $50k is totally worth it. Pretty sure $70K would be totally "worth it".

I'm not in the camp of people who say the Plaid is not worth it, but why are the Plaid buyers fighting so hard to convince everyone there choice is worth it? I want a Plaid, but I cannot afford it. I honestly think the universe was looking out for me, because I have yet to come across anyone who can make my LR look silly on the road. I also think the Plaid would be overkill with where I live and drive. I can't even open up the LR safely, and there are no 1/4 mile tracks within a few hours of me.
This you?
You are the one who said Plaid users are "fighting hard" to convince others when in reality it is you who keeps on making posts on this topic. Most of the posts on this are by you where you are either joking about LR being a better value or stating the reasons why you made the choice of getting LR over Plaid due to your specific circumstances. Nobody cares! I wouldn't have cared even if you had a Plaid on order.
Just enjoy what you got and live with the choice you made. No need to argue over petty crap.
No, I am not interested in talking about your comments anymore and no, I did not assign meaning to your comments. I am not the only one who perceived your comments as such, you have had multiple people call you out on this and the fact that it does not register to you is your problem not mine.
Like I stated before I couldn't care less about the reasons why anyone else, including you, picked the car they picked. If it works for you, good for you. That's all that matters

AnselmDante said:

This you?
You are the one who said Plaid users are "fighting hard" to convince others when in reality it is you who keeps on making posts on this topic. Most of the posts on this are by you where you are either joking about LR being a better value or stating the reasons why you made the choice of getting LR over Plaid due to your specific circumstances. Nobody cares! I wouldn't have cared even if you had a Plaid on order.
Just enjoy what you got and live with the choice you made. No need to argue over petty crap.
No, I am not interested in talking about your comments anymore and no, I did not assign meaning to your comments. I am not the only one who perceived your comments as such, you have had multiple people call you out on this and the fact that it does not register to you is your problem not mine.
Like I stated before I couldn't care less about the reasons why anyone else, including you, picked the car they picked. If it works for you, good for you. That's all that matters
Ah, jealousy is such a difficult emotion for one to deal with, huh? Instead of being jealous and having regrets making a decision (what you now perceive as a poor personal decision), why not take action to correct it?

It seems like these brand new "refresh" MS LRs probably hold their value quite well in today's market, so I bet a new MS LR owner could privately sell (or even sell to a local auto dealer) their 2021 MS LR with a minimal hit. Then, place an order for a new MS Plaid already in Tesla inventory, and voila...get yourself what you really wanted (although perhaps $40k more or whatever), but at least now, you can stop bitching to all of us on this "Tesla Refresh Model S Ordering/Production/Delivery" thread and perhaps move on to other TMC threads, talking up how great your new MS Plaid is, how crazy, unbelievably quick this machine is (and how you blow away every single other car on the road), and how much fun you're having driving it, and how much you love it! ;) 🤔🤣

Last edited:
Yup, I've been keeping an eye on inventory available for immediate sale, but it turns out that it would actually be better if Tesla's EDD of Jan-Feb ends up being correct, as I need that much time to arrange to pay for it the way I'd like to.

In an attempt to head off the inevitable "how are you paying for it?" "You're financing it??? What are you thinking, man?" "You're an idiot to finance a car!" type of thread depreciation, I'll just state the following...

Yes, I *could* pay cash for the car. But like most people, my "cash" isn't in "cash." It's in investments. Stocks, to be specific. And I don't want to sell any of my current portfolio to pay for a car.

So the option becomes financing, as most (luckily) of my investments are performing better than the interest rate on a car loan, then the choice is car loan, right? Nope. I have enough equity in our house to refinance it, take out a bit of equity, and end up "financing" the car at a much lower interest rate (ie, the primary mortgage), stretch it out over a longer period of time, and even write the interest off on my taxes, since the car will be "financed" through the primary mortgage of our principal residence. And of course, there's the option to pay it back more quickly if I so desire (and, in fact, I do).

There's a bunch of different ways to pay for a car.... this is just the one that makes the most sense for my particular situation. Again, there are a lot of options. This is the one I chose. And yes, I'm aware of the alternatives. ;) So many "money managers" here on TMC!

"But if you do it like this!!!!!!...." Hush, you. I'm not on a financial forum, I'm on a CAR forum. But thanks for your good intentions. :)

Anyway, it's going to take a few months to get the mortgage done.
Sounds like you've def thought it through. I considered refinance type option as well, but in my case, when all was said and done with my research, what made best financial sense for me was pursuit of the 1.24% (that apparently Tesla will match..if not, no worries) from here as it appears a popular option.

More background

Last edited: