Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, ok, if you insist. @2021plaid I really love Tesla, man. How about you? Elon is so rad. Tesla’s are so rad. Life is so rad.
@uthatcher and myself:
rad-dead.gif

@jebinc lol:
"Get a room!" ;)

200.gif

Those are fair points and I agree for most tech that’s the case. Whenever there is competition the consumer wins as the price gets driven down to acquire customers.

However something as difficult to master as FSD doesn’t automatically fall into the same category as previous tech. I don’t think we’ll see multiple companies achieve it at the same time so there will not be any price competition for several years. The first company to mass produce a true self driving car will be able to name their price initially.

To your point once there are 2+ companies offering FSD the price will drop significantly. There are a lot of examples of novel tech products being rediculously expensive at first, then dropping significantly once other companies catch up.
Also fair points. Maybe a couple more observations.

There is a foot race and I agree who crosses the finish line first will see a windfall, and it might be that Tesla has an insurmountable lead so it is them plus a number of #2s which are "good enough". As regulations and minimum requirements firm up, I expect some normalization of capabilities, and increase the price pressure on whomever the market leader is on how much of a premium they can charge (i.e. what the difference is in perceived value and if its meaningful).

I think the other thing is there is not just one autonomy finish line. I see delivery vehicles, robot-taxis and autonomous personal vehicles as potentially 3 different markets that could have different winners.

Just posted more detailed results of the long range supercharging results.

I haven't had EDD at all. When ordered Jan 27th it said Sep 2021, but after that empty. RN1144
I have RN1146 (ordered in March). It's a lease car, so comms went through the leasing company. But on the last shift from November 2021 to March 2022 I got a phone call from Tesla Amsterdam to inform me. They are completely clueless on actual timelines though, felt like they were more trying to prevent me from cancelling my order. (esp. as EV tax in NL is going up in 2022, so I'm getting screwed by ~150EUR/month in additional tax)

But at the moment being realistic and expecting we won't see anything before summer..

You can read some of florida man's best hits here:

Snippiness 2.0

He has spent spent a great deal of his time here lashing out at ANYONE that questions any of his views/choices/opinions. He has belittled and straight out insulted many people here. He mocks their cars, their situations, even their names. He has made it very clear on several occasions he has no use for this forum.

I can almost guarantee he will come back here, but only when he has great photos to post. He won't use that opportunity to to make it a positive experience for everyone else. He will brag, talk about how he made the best choices, and then take the time to insult a few people on the way out, me included.

I was hoping his ban was permanent, after he intentionally circumvented the language filters, and then lashed out at the community as a whole. If he does use the other threads here, it won't be long before he is banned again. He has thin skin and a massive ego. Something most of us deal with in our 20's. He's in his 50's. That's just sad.
I know a few 50 year olds that haven’t advanced past 20!

I personally like to stay 13 ! Not quite 50 though :)

Last edited:
So I think I may have underpriced my old S that sold this past week (not to worry, my new S is coming in 2 weeks… actual 2 weeks). It sold in 18 hours at my asking price!

I’m asking this to make myself feel better - What would you pay for a 2015 dual motor S with 80k miles and all the upgrades possible and in spectacular condition?

Hmmm.... Honestly? I'd say $40k. Though you didn't say the battery size so I'll assume 85-90kwh.

Just remember that everyone laughed at Wilbur, saying that he'd never get Orville off the ground... ;)
There is a chance for failure; I believe Elon has even said as much. I suspect like you I am unwilling to bet against a guy who's team landed two boosters side by side. At the same time, I am all to familiar with "Elon Time" and have a hard time believing it will happen anytime soon. How many changes in direction have there been as Tesla finds its way through the FSD maze? How ever more elaborate have the solutions become (DoJo)?

Let's just say I have faith tamped with a dose of reality. No need to spend $10K now.

So I think I may have underpriced my old S that sold this past week (not to worry, my new S is coming in 2 weeks… actual 2 weeks). It sold in 18 hours at my asking price!

I’m asking this to make myself feel better - What would you pay for a 2015 dual motor S with 80k miles and all the upgrades possible and in spectacular condition?
I found kbb.com to be spot on when I sold my 2017 s earlier this summer. I sold dead middle of private party price at next to top condition.

You can read some of florida man's best hits here:

Snippiness 2.0

He has spent spent a great deal of his time here lashing out at ANYONE that questions any of his views/choices/opinions. He has belittled and straight out insulted many people here. He mocks their cars, their situations, even their names. He has made it very clear on several occasions he has no use for this forum.

I can almost guarantee he will come back here, but only when he has great photos to post. He won't use that opportunity to to make it a positive experience for everyone else. He will brag, talk about how he made the best choices, and then take the time to insult a few people on the way out, me included.

I was hoping his ban was permanent, after he intentionally circumvented the language filters, and then lashed out at the community as a whole. If he does use the other threads here, it won't be long before he is banned again. He has thin skin and a massive ego. Something most of us deal with in our 20's. He's in his 50's. That's just sad.
Why???????

Also fair points. Maybe a couple more observations.

There is a foot race and I agree who crosses the finish line first will see a windfall, and it might be that Tesla has an insurmountable lead so it is them plus a number of #2s which are "good enough". As regulations and minimum requirements firm up, I expect some normalization of capabilities, and increase the price pressure on whomever the market leader is on how much of a premium they can charge (i.e. what the difference is in perceived value and if its meaningful).

I think the other thing is there is not just one autonomy finish line. I see delivery vehicles, robot-taxis and autonomous personal vehicles as potentially 3 different markets that could have different winners.
I see Tesla setting the bar for what is acceptable data to regulators. IF they are as transparent as they claim, they could use their engineering and technological (simulation & data collection) advantage to place the documentation side of regulatory approval so high that others will have a hard time meeting the bar. This will not last forever but a smart first has the advantage of setting the rules for others that follow.

Is DCU good company to finance with?
Do they send you the check directly and let you fill in the amount up to a maximum (penfed does this)?
How long was the process?

Any advice/feedback is appreciated.
Yes, I financed my previous Model S with them and plan to use them again on my Plaid order. They can send the check directly to you and they can finance up to 100% of the purchase.

Is DCU good company to finance with?
Do they send you the check directly and let you fill in the amount up to a maximum (penfed does this)?
How long was the process?

Any advice/feedback is appreciated.
Many have reported that you apply with DCU, get confirmed (but you dont fully accept) for their lowest rate, then contact Tesla and they will match the rate. That way Im guessing you dont have to go through the whole direct deposit thing with DCU. E Either way, you may want to check this thread