Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it normal to wait over a week for the delivery appointment because my car is still “en route” to the delivery center? Located in SoCal and the drive from Fremont is usually 8 hours by truck.
Typically, cars will first go to a regional delivery hub and then from there, go to the delivery center once they have room to revise and prep your car.

Woo-hoo thanks to @Spyderman09 for these update release notes! Waypoints have arrived!

Tigers, I actually ordered the kinda M3 style one in matte from them. The first one they sent was a little damaged, so I asked them to send a replacement, which they did. I'm in the process of spraying the damaged once which I've managed to patch up in gloss black as I wasn't crazy about the look of the matte carbon fiber when I put it on just to test. Below are a couple of snaps of that one. Will make a decision on which one to put on tomorrow when I pick the car up from PPF, Ceramic and Tinting (also going to leave off the chrome T)
Can you link me directly to this one? I think this is what I’m going to go for on my LR, it looks great.

Woo-hoo thanks to @Spyderman09 for these update release notes! Waypoints have arrived!
Oh sure. AFTER my first trip in a Tesla.

Hi Everyone here, thank you so much for all of the posts helping those still waiting, like me. After watching EDD to get pushed forward as soon as I would get close to it, stopped looking at the account not to get disappointed again. Got a text alert for VIN and..

I got VIN assigned today:)

RN1150

Model S White/Black | 19 | FSD

EDD in two weeks (NJ).

Wishing all of you the best!
Great for you! Same config here with a RN 1144 early Feb order and sitting on an EDD of Dec 16-31. Tesla…..

Wow. Tesla has finally caught up to my portable TomTom that I bought in 2006. Oh wait, maybe it was 1998. I personally met Franz when the 3 was released, and he told me waypoints were coming then. I think Elon himself blocked it. He was viciously opposed to them for some reason that makes zero sense. Waypoints are needed in an EV more than any other car.

That’s a beautiful build. Why are you passiI took delivery of red plaid.
That’s a beautiful build. Why are you I
That’s a beautiful build. Why are you passing?
That was my first choice but my girl saw red plaid and forced me to order one. I told her I’ll take the delivery of whichever comes first. Miraculously, I got it 2 weeks after the order so couldn’t pass. I’m going to get it wrapped next week. I cannot decide between xpel ultimate and xpel stealth. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• CB214024-472C-498B-8320-3E5D4F0994BF.jpeg
    CB214024-472C-498B-8320-3E5D4F0994BF.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 7756A435-AAF2-4553-89A0-D1B614B2B47C.jpeg
    7756A435-AAF2-4553-89A0-D1B614B2B47C.jpeg
    812.1 KB · Views: 61
I don’t understand. I’ve been waiting 6 months for that same red build, and you get it in 2 weeks? What’s the trick? Every time my EDD is two weeks away it gets moved up a month. My local exotic car dealership already bought and sold 4 Plaids. Wtf?
I think someone rejected it. It's is 2021 model and had some little build quality issues. That's not a concern to me, I already made a service appointment to fix it.

Attachments

• 10B522D7-CA4C-4C09-A634-6D81EF4B38DC.jpeg
    10B522D7-CA4C-4C09-A634-6D81EF4B38DC.jpeg
    595 KB · Views: 65
@2021plaid

Call this curiosity/boredom but I've been reading this forum a while now, and you are one of the most active peeps, maybe the most. Yet we know nothing of you, what's your personal Tesla if you have one, or if you have one on order. I'll go first, 2018 Model 3 AWD, and I joined this forum around the Plaid hype times to see what was up with the new car. Loving the car but am "patiently" waiting on the FSD beta hahaha, either way, keep spreading positivity!

That was my first choice but my girl saw red plaid and forced me to order one. I told her I’ll take the delivery of whichever comes first. Miraculously, I got it 2 weeks after the order so couldn’t pass. I’m going to get it wrapped next week. I cannot decide between xpel ultimate and xpel stealth. Any suggestions?
There are photos somewhere in TMC with a comparison of red glossy vs. matte. Personal choice. I am getting stealth on my MSM.

Here's a thread with a video to help.

EDD Changed from Nov 10 - Nov 21 to

Estimated Delivery: November 21 - December 19​

I'm sitting at the same date, after 16 date changes, I don't really trust it. A bit stressed due to the amount of travelling for the holidays I've got planned. I'm going to be super disappointed if it magically shows up while I'm out of state for a week and tell me to go pound sand cause I missed the window by a day.