Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The progressive ratio inverse to speed was my objective. I had hoped that this could be software enabled in time exploiting functionality resident by dormant in the current steering system. Curious your source for answering no? Your answer implies deep knowledge of the car's engineering.
Source is Elon. I know very little about the car’s engineering.

EDD narrowed down this morning. Still waiting for VIN.
IMG_2620.jpg

It is on one vehicle on the track. We do not know it is being tested for anything. They also had a wing on a car but that does not make it inevitable,

I am routing for new lights and do think that they will update the lights at some point in the next two weeks...
For those who are interested... take a look at the on track video starting at the 9:20 marker. ;)

1639168076498.png

Heres

Last edited:
thanks for sharing. i must be blind or something.
from what i'm understanding, or at least believe, from your image of the red S, the silver goes across into the tail lights, and on the test track (and now i guess I'll look up the X) the bar stops short of intruding into the light?
I find it interesting that the refreshed S, which only hit June, would have a new design on the tail lights already, unless they were carried over from prior S (i am certainly no expert)
from the photo, it looked to me like there were back up lights in the center of the tail light more defined than on the refreshed S.
okay, i spoke too soon. it looks to me like the X also has the bar going across - am i being blind here? thanks!
1639168216357.png

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
thanks for sharing. i must be blind or something.
from what i'm understanding, or at least believe, from your image of the red S, the silver goes across into the tail lights, and on the test track (and now i guess I'll look up the X) the bar stops short of intruding into the light?
I find it interesting that the refreshed S, which only hit June, would have a new design on the tail lights already, unless they were carried over from prior S (i am certainly no expert)
from the photo, it looked to me like there were back up lights in the center of the tail light more defined than on the refreshed S.
okay, i spoke too soon. it looks to me like the X also has the bar going across - am i being blind here? thanks!
View attachment 742826
Lol so to me, these new lights themselves look to be based on the X (ie diffused [YAY!]), but there is no longer a bar connecting the lights. That's the main difference.

so i am confident that they are testing the new tail lights.

View attachment 742702

Thank you baby f ing Jesus!!!! Now give us the tilting screen you dirty jerks!

PS, bet they include the ambient lighting, the tilting screen, and more range early next year.

This is how Tesla is BTW. I bought a model 3 and literally 3 months later it had 10% more range, a new center console, new glass and was like $3000 cheaper. It is kind of a pain in the ass how they do things.

Last edited:
RN11518 Model S [LR] MSM, Black, 19", FSD was delivered to my home today. It was about an hour outside of the 4-hour delivery window. The driver was outside in my driveway doing a little last-minute detailing of the car when I went out. Despite what Tesla told me, the driver let me get inside and look at the car before accepting it. He has a Model 3 and was pretty forthcoming on what to look for; had no issues in the ~25 mile drive from Fremont to my house. Answered questions; definitely felt no rush. He called an Uber when I was satisfied.

I found 3 or 4 issues:
1) The rear glass distortion that everyone seems to be reporting at the bottom.
2) The frunk rubber liner (almost like weather stripping -- not sure what to call it) was sticking up in the gap and very prominent on the driver's side. I feel like there is a clip under it that is needed to hold that liner down and it wasn't clipped.
3) There might have been a small paint imperfection on the rear driver's side door; he thought it was some adhesive and rubbed it out. I didn't see it when I tried to find it later in the day.
4) There is some weather stripping that is out of place behind the clear plastic of the taillights.

Everything was there: fobs, floor mats, trunk covers, wireless charging, mobile kit, etc., and came with about 75% charge.

Was very happy with the quality. I had a few people, including a current Tesla owner check it out as well.

Apologies for the terrible photo.

View attachment 742576
OK, so I had almost the exact same story to report (#1, 2, & 4 were seen in my car too) on my delivery yesterday. The only difference was a small seat wrinkle and some trunk allignment issues
Congrats @mincher! I think it was totally worth the wait and can't believe it's finally mine.
Oc, I've not driven it much as my 22 yo son got to take it to work to show off. He had it all day yesterday, as he was instrumental in my decision to buy the thing, while I was working! His glowing praise was worth it then he says, "the only issue to report is that over 90MPH, it has a whistling sound from some back window or glass" ??WTF?? :cool:

OK, so I had almost the exact same story to report (#1, 2, & 4 were seen in my car too) on my delivery yesterday. The only difference was a small seat wrinkle and some trunk allignment issues
Congrats @mincher! I think it was totally worth the wait and can't believe it's finally mine.
Oc, I've not driven it much as my 22 yo son got to take it to work to show off. He had it all day yesterday, as he was instrumental in my decision to buy the thing, while I was working! His glowing praise was worth it then he says, "the only issue to report is that over 90MPH, it has a whistling sound from some back window or glass" ??WTF?? :cool:
Congratulations! 😀🙂

Reactions: neadams99