Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep...been there... And the folks said we'll roll down the rear window more for ya...
Hopefully this means the taillights will be smoked out like the Model X ones. I have been holding out hope they would implement this change before I take delivery! Super stoked!

Smoke this..Elon stated today he wants to quit his jobs and be an influencer.

Somehow I think he won't be like Tesla Bjorn. Expect him to go full Kanye soon.

Grimes, take him back! Do it for the planet... And us...

(This will have an adverse effect on Tesla employee morale, and impact deliveries possibly...)

All set for pick up this weekend. Last minute scramble to get cashier’s check, appointment finalized.

Between all the talks of worms, wrinkles, distortion, gaps, dimples, patches, pimples, vibration, alignments, striping, rubber lining, yokes and jokes, it’s a bit nerve racking… 😂😂😂 JK

In all seriousness, really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Man… I just picked up my Plaid last week. The one thing that I seriously didn’t like was the old taillights… deep down I knew this would happen. It seems like Tesla knows that early adopters will trade in their cars to get the new stupid taillights. I need to know if this will be able to be retrofitted ASAP. Otherwise I’ll list my car and order a new one. Thank god I still have my Model Y

Man… I just picked up my Plaid last week. The one thing that I seriously didn’t like was the old taillights… deep down I knew this would happen. It seems like Tesla knows that early adopters will trade in their cars to get the new stupid taillights. I need to know if this will be able to be retrofitted ASAP. Otherwise I’ll list my car and order a new one. Thank god I still have my Model Y
No one knows, but considering the rear applique removal, and likely new charge port placed further back, retrofit won't be easy if possible at all.

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Interesting, I’ve never decided on which car to own based on the taillights! ☺️

I picked up my car today in the basement of a parking garage. It was clean and only missing two things: the small corner corner trunk piece and the license plate frame.

1639200617191.png

The car had some dirty water residue from the recent CA rains. I could also tell the windshield and the rear of the car wasn't detailed at all. Minor annoyances.

Oh and my yoke must be straining so hard with a vein like this...

1639200541680.png

H

How often do you look at the tailights?

Do you back into the garage? If so, stop doing that.

But seriously, perhaps tint or delete will help..

There are vibrating mirrors and drivelines that Tesla knows aboit and happens a lot but no fix. And you are willing to take a car with those but not with tail lights that may be redesigned in the future?

I finally got to see a Refresh MSLR in person yesterday. There's a dealer in Lincoln Nebraska who specializes in buying and selling Teslas (which is great, since Nebraska won't allow any new Teslas to be sold/delivered here yet). Anyway, this dealer currently has 2 brand new (230 miles) MSLRs for sale on his lot (one black/black one red/black, both with 21 inch wheels), and he was happy to let me take a good look at them, sit in them, fiddle around with the settings, etc.

My impressions (having come from a 2020 MS):
- The interior upgrade is extremely well done!
- Love the perforated seats, perfect fit for me and much more modern than the 2020 seats
- Love the look and feel of the Yoke! Seems like it will fit me perfectly and I definitely think it sets this car apart
- Not sure I love the horizontal screen yet (I was pretty used to the vertical), but I think once I tinker with it a bit I'll learn to love it.
- The back seats appear much "sportier" to me, with the deeper buckets to hold passengers in place when I have fun on corners
- The exterior updates also seem really nice! The back tires are so wide!
- I really liked the look of the black exterior (which is what I ordered) - very "bat mobile-ish"
- Fit and finish seemed quite good to me, though I didn't do a super-thorough look
- I can't comment on the driving part, as I didn't actually test drive one

This dealer said he would be happy to pay me $100k for my MSLR once it comes in (if I had any thoughts on selling it). I ordered before the price increases, so I'm paying $84k for the car. Even with paying the sales tax on the car ($5k), I could walk away with $10k in cash to simply pick it up and deliver it to this dealer. The dealer sells these "new" MSLRs for around $115k, and seems to be able to sell them quickly at that price.

I'm semi-tempted to buy one of the available Plaids now (getting tired of the long wait) and cash out on the MSLR when it gets here in Jan/Feb (or later?). I just know that the MSLR will be a much better "value" for me in the long run, so I'll probably just continue to wait patiently for mine to arrive.

If anyone wants to sell their Tesla anywhere near Nebraska, I can steer you to this dealer. He definitely will pay WAY more than you'll get via Tesla, Carvana, Vroom, etc.

IKR? New taillights.........gotta have 'em. I just usually buy a new model when the windshield washer fluid goes dry. That seems to be the right time for a new model?