Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They offered me $13K off of a demo P100D with 4,000 miles in 2018..............just FYI
In Dec 2019 I got a 2017 90D demo (in flawless condition) with 1500 miles for $25k off the original price. And since it was demo/not previously titled, it was "new". So I got new car financing terms and the factory warranty started on the date I purchased it. Deals like that are LONG gone from Tesla

Not much to lose since we can just go there, take a look and reject delivery. My dates got pushed from this week to March and April as well. Rather annoying since they called me last week and said I'd have a car almost certain.
In Dec 2019 I got a 2017 90D demo (in flawless condition) with 1500 miles for $25k off the original price. And since it was demo/not previously titled, it was "new". So I got new car financing terms and the factory warranty started on the date I purchased it. Deals like that are LONG gone from Tesla
I slept on the thought of getting this car after reading some of the comments here and called Tesla to reject this VIN. I also woke up this morning and saw 3-5 MSLR available at new pricing. Some were 2022. Figured if I impulse get this damaged car, its 2021, damaged, bad juju and 3k isn't a big enough incentive. There are def plenty of ppl rejecting delivery it seems b/c the inventory changes every hour or so.

I know of some conve on this topic a few pages back. I thought the pics showed that those mats did fit just fine in the newer MS 2022, but I reached out to RCA and asked them. The 3D MAXSpider Floor mats for 2021 MS are sold out, BTW w/ no ETA on more.

I just got this email from RCA who contacted 3D MAXspider re: fit of 2021 mats in 2022 MS cars:

Hello:
3D MAXpider got back to me with this:

"The part number won't fit the 2022 model S. We are hoping to get that part number around March of next year."
I hope this information helps!
Let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll help out wherever I can.
Thank you,

Raul Bolanos
Race Consulting Agency
RCA Garage
[email protected]

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Not much to lose since we can just go there, take a look and reject delivery. My dates got pushed from this week to March and April as well. Rather annoying since they called me last week and said I'd have a car almost certain.

I slept on the thought of getting this car after reading some of the comments here and called Tesla to reject this VIN. I also woke up this morning and saw 3-5 MSLR available at new pricing. Some were 2022. Figured if I impulse get this damaged car, its 2021, damaged, bad juju and 3k isn't a big enough incentive. There are def plenty of ppl rejecting delivery it seems b/c the inventory changes every hour or so.
Another thought on the older car. There are a lot of parts that have changed since the early builds. Maybe not a big but why take the chance. Wiring harness, trim panels, and even memory card size. Every time I turn around I'm finding something that is different. Avoid the older builds unless they make you an offer you can't refuse.

PSA: The latest difference is the removable memory card for the computer. I was getting frustrated with constantly waiting for new streamed songs when I skipped the current one. Sometimes a minute or two. On my last visit to the SC they told me they noticed that my memory card was only 8GB and should be 16GB. They replaced it and now the wait for new streamed music is gone. I had not reported the streaming delay as I wanted to see if it went away on the next update.

I know of some conve on this topic a few pages back. I thought the pics showed that those mats did fit just fine in the newer MS 2022, but I reached out to RCA and asked them. The 3D MAXSpider Floor mats for 2021 MS are sold out, BTW w/ no ETA on more.

I just got this email from RCA who contacted 3D MAXspider re: fit of 2021 mats in 2022 MS cars:

Hello:
3D MAXpider got back to me with this:

"The part number won't fit the 2022 model S. We are hoping to get that part number around March of next year."
I hope this information helps!
Let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll help out wherever I can.
Thank you,

Raul Bolanos
Race Consulting Agency
RCA Garage
[email protected]
If you can find them, the fronts fit perfectly as far as I am concerned. I bought mine for my pre-refresh '21 MS and now I'm using them in my Plaid. The trunk mat does not fit as well but it is still very useful.

People of TMC:

I picked up my car today. I’ve been lurking on this forum since July when I first ordered the car and have made the odd post regarding delivery headaches. But the wait is finally over! I think I just got lucky - I know there are people with older orders still waiting.

This may be a bit long winded, but I wanted to thank everyone in this community. I’m not a “car guy” per se. The delivery checklist and issues reported by others were extremely helpful for my inspection, although after going through half of it I just wanted to drive it! The only car I’ve ever owned is a 2008 Honda Accord, which has served me incredibly well. It’s still running great! I got it used for $15k with 86,000kms on it when I was 21. Fast forward to this past summer, I’m married with a 6 month old and I thought it was maybe time to get a second car. I never thought I would spend this much on a car, ever in my life. But sitting in a friend’s model 3 changed that. Still, I didn’t think spending 100k+ was a responsible thing to do. I’ve always been “practical” that way I suppose, my wife likes to say. The financial side of it wasn’t really a problem. We can afford the car. I’ve just never really splurged like this before. This is the biggest purchase I’ve ever made aside from my house. My wife convinced me to get something for myself for once and enjoy it, and I’m glad she did. I ordered this car the same day she told me that.

And I love it! As a software developer, I can certainly appreciate what Tesla is doing here. This car is absolutely insane. I got my winter tires put on right after my delivery appointment, and the drive home was a blast. The cameras calibrated rather quickly and I was able to test out TACC. Absolutely amazing.

A few issues:
- Seat wrinkles. Pretty bad on the drivers side. They’ll get me a new seat in the new year.
- Minor paint bubble
- The metal piece for the trunk latch is dented slightly.

Other than that, the panels look good for the most part. I’ll check more thoroughly tonight and see if there’s anything else that needs attention, but build quality seems good.

To people waiting: this car is worth it. I’m like a kid in a candy store. The feeling is probably amplified on my end because I’m upgrading from a really old car and I’ve never owned anything like this. Feels like I’m in a totally different world. I know there are people who own multiple luxury cars and have owned Teslas previously. Nevertheless, you’ll absolutely love this car! It’s worth the wait.

I’ll get it tinted in the new year. We’re taking a road trip to Ottawa in a few days here and I can’t wait.

Attaching some photos for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• 10C53A50-7806-4D88-A7F2-CE9B6850B3A0.jpeg
    10C53A50-7806-4D88-A7F2-CE9B6850B3A0.jpeg
    601.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 4A14E06C-57C1-4906-AD7B-05CCF54D0A40.jpeg
    4A14E06C-57C1-4906-AD7B-05CCF54D0A40.jpeg
    309.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 6C4F3D13-E4CE-4A64-B432-1EBBC73962CF.jpeg
    6C4F3D13-E4CE-4A64-B432-1EBBC73962CF.jpeg
    873.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 214708C1-3F26-4ED3-AC42-9C0194B28AE4.jpeg
    214708C1-3F26-4ED3-AC42-9C0194B28AE4.jpeg
    925.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 9DD045DA-B927-43D3-8B06-624A9A80EAA0.jpeg
    9DD045DA-B927-43D3-8B06-624A9A80EAA0.jpeg
    762.8 KB · Views: 76
  • A67D54BB-E26F-421E-BA61-08C4D9BC4809.jpeg
    A67D54BB-E26F-421E-BA61-08C4D9BC4809.jpeg
    984.9 KB · Views: 75
  • F85B4ECA-EF92-4932-9EE0-35A344C2DE2F.jpeg
    F85B4ECA-EF92-4932-9EE0-35A344C2DE2F.jpeg
    549.4 KB · Views: 78
Another thought on the older car. There are a lot of parts that have changed since the early builds. Maybe not a big but why take the chance. Wiring harness, trim panels, and even memory card size. Every time I turn around I'm finding something that is different. Avoid the older builds unless they make you an offer you can't refuse.

PSA: The latest difference is the removable memory card for the computer. I was getting frustrated with constantly waiting for new streamed songs when I skipped the current one. Sometimes a minute or two. On my last visit to the SC they told me they noticed that my memory card was only 8GB and should be 16GB. They replaced it and now the wait for new streamed music is gone. I had not reported the streaming delay as I wanted to see if it went away on the next update.

I have the same delay with skipping songs in Spotify or the Tesla streaming app. Are you referring to the flash drive inside the glove compartment? If so, I will just buy a new larger flash drive to replace it.

People of TMC:

I picked up my car today. I’ve been lurking on this forum since July when I first ordered the car and have made the odd post regarding delivery headaches. But the wait is finally over! I think I just got lucky - I know there are people with older orders still waiting.

This may be a bit long winded, but I wanted to thank everyone in this community. I’m not a “car guy” per se. The delivery checklist and issues reported by others were extremely helpful for my inspection, although after going through half of it I just wanted to drive it! The only car I’ve ever owned is a 2008 Honda Accord, which has served me incredibly well. It’s still running great! I got it used for $15k with 86,000kms on it when I was 21. Fast forward to this past summer, I’m married with a 6 month old and I thought it was maybe time to get a second car. I never thought I would spend this much on a car, ever in my life. But sitting in a friend’s model 3 changed that. Still, I didn’t think spending 100k+ was a responsible thing to do. I’ve always been “practical” that way I suppose, my wife likes to say. The financial side of it wasn’t really a problem. We can afford the car. I’ve just never really splurged like this before. This is the biggest purchase I’ve ever made aside from my house. My wife convinced me to get something for myself for once and enjoy it, and I’m glad she did. I ordered this car the same day she told me that.

And I love it! As a software developer, I can certainly appreciate what Tesla is doing here. This car is absolutely insane. I got my winter tires put on right after my delivery appointment, and the drive home was a blast. The cameras calibrated rather quickly and I was able to test out TACC. Absolutely amazing.

A few issues:
- Seat wrinkles. Pretty bad on the drivers side. They’ll get me a new seat in the new year.
- Minor paint bubble
- The metal piece for the trunk latch is dented slightly.

Other than that, the panels look good for the most part. I’ll check more thoroughly tonight and see if there’s anything else that needs attention, but build quality seems good.

To people waiting: this car is worth it. I’m like a kid in a candy store. The feeling is probably amplified on my end because I’m upgrading from a really old car and I’ve never owned anything like this. Feels like I’m in a totally different world. I know there are people who own multiple luxury cars and have owned Teslas previously. Nevertheless, you’ll absolutely love this car! It’s worth the wait.

I’ll get it tinted in the new year. We’re taking a road trip to Ottawa in a few days here and I can’t wait.

Attaching some photos for your viewing pleasure.
The black Model S with those wheels looks great! Enjoy your new car and drive it in good health!

Just picked up - i think i got lucky for the most part. No major defects to note. I did not get the parcel shelf as they did not have, so once it arrives they will let me know. Used the checklist and for the most part all is well. No seat wrinkles, paint looks good all around. I just had a window trim molding on the driver side that didn't quite go all the way over to the edge of the door but it's not a big deal in the grand scheme. No shuttering either around 30-50. Lastly, one thing that was missing was the screw underneath the folding mirrors, lol Geeez.
'22 model year.
BTW - The correct screw for the Plaid folding mirrors is black. I would ensure they replace all of the bright screws in addition to adding the missing one.

BTW - The correct screw for the Plaid folding mirrors is black. I would ensure they replace all of the bright screws in addition to adding the missing one.
Did they change it? Was certainly not black on my ‘17S. I know from the many times I attempted to chrome delete that bracket! :)

I have the same delay with skipping songs in Spotify or the Tesla streaming app. Are you referring to the flash drive inside the glove compartment? If so, I will just buy a new larger flash drive to replace it.
No. This is a different card that is plugged into the computer. I'm assuming that it is not user accessible. Ask your SC to check the size for you next time you are there. It may have just been coincidence but the delay is gone for me now.