Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a little surprising to me that someone who previously owned a Model 3 Performance would be so utterly surprised and blown away by big screens, fast OS, and sensation of acceleration. Sure, all those things are a step above with the Plaid, but not in a shocking, new world kind of way...

I would have thought the same….until I got my Plaid. Going from my M3P to my Plaid was night and day. The only thing I miss is the steering wheel and the stalks. The acceleration is not comparable between the two. The M3P was fun and quick as hell. The Plaid is brutal, almost painfully quick. …at all speed regimes, not just 0-60. The large screen in front of the yolk is beautiful, though the only useful info is the speedometer. It still adds a much more refined appearance over looking at a bland dashboard. The roominess, the quietness, the windshield wipers, the low and fat stance, …. I think the M3P is a lot more bang-for-the-buck and the Plaid is borderline wasteful in terms of dollars spent, but I have zero regrets whatsoever. I’d spend it again on a Plaid.

I don't want to be too superlative, but I'm gonna cautiously say this is my favorite post in the ~3000 or so pages of this thread I've read in the past year.
+1 I'm bookmarking it and I'm gonna read it every day. So good.
@Tigers Maybe we should start a Gofundme for your upgrade to Plaid!
Tho, I do drive a pheasant MS DM, and I feel it is enuf power & pazazz for lil' ole me.
You, OTOH, are nothing if you are not strutting around in a Peacock Mobile Plaid!

Meet RECHGBL. Took delivery 9-28-21. MS LR MSM/blk/19 MF 446xxx. Just returned from Portland Or where my grandson owns and operates Tailored Auto Styling. STEK Dynoprism full body ppf. Black out roof pillars and front splitter. Sparkles and color shifts with the light. Even more with the new MSM that has more metallic flake. STEK Dynoflex to protect the windshield. STEK Nex graphene nano ceramic window tint: 35% sides and hatch, 70% windshield and roof. Ceramic coat all. BTW: the LR is a dream driving I-5 Bakersfield to Portland. Range much more than my BB (butt, bladder).

Attachments

• IMG_2098.jpg
    IMG_2098.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2099.jpg
    IMG_2099.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2102.jpg
    IMG_2102.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2103.jpg
    IMG_2103.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2923.JPEG
    IMG_2923.JPEG
    55.2 KB · Views: 90
+1 I'm bookmarking it and I'm gonna read it every day. So good.
@Tigers Maybe we should start a Gofundme for your upgrade to Plaid!
Tho, I do drive a pheasant MS DM, and I feel it is enuf power & pazazz for lil' ole me.
You, OTOH, are nothing if you are not strutting around in a Peacock Mobile Plaid!

We tried to start a peacock fund for @EndlessPlaid and he wouldn't let us.

Hello everyone, my config is RN 1149/MSLR/Red/cream/19. Ordered in May, on my fifth date slip but my latest date now says February without any specific dates tied to it. Interested to know if this means I'm getting closer to a VIN assignment/delivery or a refinement of Tesla's delivery process?

What do you all think? Thanks
"My SA also said...[enter something that never came true]."

Just looking at it, it looks like there is certainly some decline.

If I was the OP, I'd be a little insulted with the comparison to a Tesla SA, just saying...

It definitely doesn't seem unreasonable or unrealistic that the X is as fast as the video demonstrates. I mean the X is probably somewhere between 300-500 pounds heavier than the S, depending on how each are optioned, so I fully expect it to be wicked fast.

I would really like to see an S vs X Plaid video.
I would love to see them both on a drag strip!

Meet RECHGBL. Took delivery 9-28-21. MS LR MSM/blk/19 MF 446xxx. Just returned from Portland Or where my grandson owns and operates Tailored Auto Styling. STEK Dynoprism full body ppf. Black out roof pillars and front splitter. Sparkles and color shifts with the light. Even more with the new MSM that has more metallic flake. STEK Dynoflex to protect the windshield. STEK Nex graphene nano ceramic window tint: 35% sides and hatch, 70% windshield and roof. Ceramic coat all. BTW: the LR is a dream driving I-5 Bakersfield to Portland. Range much more than my BB (butt, bladder).
Really liking the blacked out roof pillars!
Now I think I should do that on my upcoming Red MS/White interior. Really clean look.

This looks great! I have been thinking about doing this ppf for my blue metallic.

Apologies if this doesn’t belong here. I figured I’d get a quicker response here. I have a question as a first time tesla owner.

If I turn climate on from the app to precondition the car, is it supposed to heat up the battery too? I’ve kept my car plugged with charge limit set to 80% since I picked up a month ago and have preconditioned it pretty much every time I’ve driven it. Today, I’m heading out on a road trip so I charged to 100% overnight. When I preconditioned just now by turning the climate on from the app, it’s showing three squiggly red lines next to the charge percentage, which presumably means the battery is being preconditioned as well, not just the interior. I was under the impression that this was always the case. Is it heating up the battery now because I charged to 100% overnight?

Can anyone clarify this if possible? And if turning climate on doesn’t preheat the battery, is there a manual way to do it from the app without setting it on a schedule?

Apologies if this doesn’t belong here. I figured I’d get a quicker response here. I have a question as a first time tesla owner.

If I turn climate on from the app to precondition the car, is it supposed to heat up the battery too? I’ve kept my car plugged with charge limit set to 80% since I picked up a month ago and have preconditioned it pretty much every time I’ve driven it. Today, I’m heading out on a road trip so I charged to 100% overnight. When I preconditioned just now by turning the climate on from the app, it’s showing three squiggly red lines next to the charge percentage, which presumably means the battery is being preconditioned as well, not just the interior. I was under the impression that this was always the case. Is it heating up the battery now because I charged to 100% overnight?

Can anyone clarify this if possible? And if turning climate on doesn’t preheat the battery, is there a manual way to do it from the app without setting it on a schedule?
The car heats the battery if it's cold during preconditioning. Cold temperature = heat up battery too. By preconditioning, you are asking the car to be ready in all aspects of comfort. Reduced regen is not welcomed for comfort

That’s what I thought initially, but the other day I preconditioned when it was -16 degrees, and today it’s -3 degrees. This is the first time my car has actually heated up the battery, and it’s been colder than today for the past 2 weeks or so. Could this be something I need to make a service appointment for?
Air temp is not the same as pack temp, can easily vary by 10 deg or so.

Suggest read the manual for more info.

In general, always best to use scheduled charging or scheduled departure to heat the pack for "free" from shore power. Second best is turn on climate, least efficient is conditioning.

If you are talking Deg F, then you probably will need the pack heater turned on by conditioning.

As an owner of an 85 pack, anything below 64 deg F and I have regen gate, which is uncomfortable as mentioned by @cyb