Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks!

And to clarify, he is doing a LOT....

Full Stealth (Satin) PPF, window tint including windshield, blacking out front emblem, ceramic coat on top of PPF + wheels and calipers, screen protectors inside, tinted tails and more.....

So I did get a package "deal". lol ;)
Please post pics when done. It should look amazing.

Thanks!

And to clarify, he is doing a LOT....

Full Stealth (Satin) PPF, window tint including windshield, blacking out front emblem, ceramic coat on top of PPF + wheels and calipers, screen protectors inside, tinted tails and more.....

So I did get a package "deal". lol ;)
I think you officially through the kitchen sink at it xD Please tag me when posting pics!! I don't want to miss it.
But aight, $1k or so for them. hmmmm

I finally picked up my shiny new Plaid yesterday from the detailer and wow, what a machine!

I got a full car PPF wrap, 20% tints, painted all emblems gloss black and swapped the funky Plaid graphic badge for the simpler "P L A I D" emblem from RPM Tesla. I'm going to apply the Plaid graphic emblem onto the centre console right under where you grip the armrest cover - a cool little Easter egg for when you open the cover.

I still need to install my forged Martian wheels and paint the calipers red, which will happen on Monday then I hope to get some much better photos shortly after. I used to be a professional photographer so it pains me a bit to post these mundane snapshots from my phone, but I still wanted to share because I loved seeing all of the photos here from you all during my months of waiting for my car (in my haste, I forgot to remove the SnapPlate, but that will hopefully stay off most of the time if I can get away with it):

IMG_8530.JPG

IMG_8526.JPEG

IMG_8529.JPEG

I've only had a chance to drive it about 70 km so far but wow, what a dream to drive. A much quieter and smoother ride, and man, that POWER! I'm starting to get used to the yoke already, so I think I'll get the hang of it in a few days. What a different experience from my 75D, though. The older model felt fairly quick in the first half of the accelerator range but had very little extra in it for the second half and very little torque from a 50 km/h roll or higher. This thing just seems to have endless power for each mm you depress the accelerator no matter what speed you're going - it's so linear! Just incredible! You feel like you're going to launch into the stratosphere at any moment if you could just pull back on that yoke a little, ha ha.

And can I take a moment to gush over the screen a bit? I can't believe this isn't talked about more. As a former photographer, I'm used to high end professionally-calibrated monitors so I'm very particular about image quality and I'm very impressed with the quality of the screen for media viewing. I tested it with some HDR OLED sample footage on YouTube and and other high quality 4K content. While it certainly doesn't have the inky blacks of my LG OLED TV/monitor, the contrast, colour and resolution are very impressive. Another huge thing is the viewing angle. My 75D screen looked fair when viewing straight on, but the colour was terrible when viewed from the driver's seat. However, the viewing angle on the refresh screen is superb, making Netflix and YouTube a real treat! I can't wait to spend more time with it and see how the AAA games will render on this beautiful display!

The USB drive was giving me some trouble at first, but once I formatted it with two partitions - one for music and boombox and the other for dashcam/sentry (with the proper folders in each) I can now access my USB music, add my custom boombox sounds and record sentry/dashcam footage. My dad is a big fan of the movie Caddyshack and I can't wait to see his reaction when I pull up his driveway and honk the obnoxious horn from Rodney Dangerfield's car in the movie, ha ha.

I haven't had a chance to test the new refreshed lights yet, but I hope to post a comprehensive side-by-side comparison compared to my 75D soon (along with a comparison of the screens and performance test of the MCU 3 vs MCU 2 and MCU 1).

I'll post some proper pics hopefully next week. I hope you all get your cars soon and enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine! :)

I finally picked up my shiny new Plaid yesterday from the detailer and wow, what a machine!

I got a full car PPF wrap, 20% tints, painted all emblems gloss black and swapped the funky Plaid graphic badge for the simpler "P L A I D" emblem from RPM Tesla. I'm going to apply the Plaid graphic emblem onto the centre console right under where you grip the armrest cover - a cool little Easter egg for when you open the cover.

I still need to install my forged Martian wheels and paint the calipers red, which will happen on Monday then I hope to get some much better photos shortly after. I used to be a professional photographer so it pains me a bit to post these mundane snapshots from my phone, but I still wanted to share because I loved seeing all of the photos here from you all during my months of waiting for my car (in my haste, I forgot to remove the SnapPlate, but that will hopefully stay off most of the time if I can get away with it):

View attachment 791628

View attachment 791629

View attachment 791630

I've only had a chance to drive it about 70 km so far but wow, what a dream to drive. A much quieter and smoother ride, and man, that POWER! I'm starting to get used to the yoke already, so I think I'll get the hang of it in a few days. What a different experience from my 75D, though. The older model felt fairly quick in the first half of the accelerator range but had very little extra in it for the second half and very little torque from a 50 km/h roll or higher. This thing just seems to have endless power for each mm you depress the accelerator no matter what speed you're going - it's so linear! Just incredible! You feel like you're going to launch into the stratosphere at any moment if you could just pull back on that yoke a little, ha ha.

And can I take a moment to gush over the screen a bit? I can't believe this isn't talked about more. As a former photographer, I'm used to high end professionally-calibrated monitors so I'm very particular about image quality and I'm very impressed with the quality of the screen for media viewing. I tested it with some HDR OLED sample footage on YouTube and and other high quality 4K content. While it certainly doesn't have the inky blacks of my LG OLED TV/monitor, the contrast, colour and resolution are very impressive. Another huge thing is the viewing angle. My 75D screen looked fair when viewing straight on, but the colour was terrible when viewed from the driver's seat. However, the viewing angle on the refresh screen is superb, making Netflix and YouTube a real treat! I can't wait to spend more time with it and see how the AAA games will render on this beautiful display!

The USB drive was giving me some trouble at first, but once I formatted it with two partitions - one for music and boombox and the other for dashcam/sentry (with the proper folders in each) I can now access my USB music, add my custom boombox sounds and record sentry/dashcam footage. My dad is a big fan of the movie Caddyshack and I can't wait to see his reaction when I pull up his driveway and honk the obnoxious horn from Rodney Dangerfield's car in the movie, ha ha.

I haven't had a chance to test the new refreshed lights yet, but I hope to post a comprehensive side-by-side comparison compared to my 75D soon (along with a comparison of the screens and performance test of the MCU 3 vs MCU 2 and MCU 1).

I'll post some proper pics hopefully next week. I hope you all get your cars soon and enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine! :)
Congratulations, she is a beauty! Looking forward to seeing more pics and your upgrades.

View attachment 791628

View attachment 791629

View attachment 791630

Congrats! Looks great! Looking forward to more pics!

Anyone receive a VIN lately via email only, and not in their app? I did, and I’m confused if to believe it or just assume it’s transitory. EDD is 4/20 - 5/9.
I actually got a text before anything else, I didn't get a VIN in the app until like 2 days later oddly enough.

View attachment 791628

View attachment 791629

View attachment 791630

Such a bute! The yoke actually grew on me a lot faster than I was expecting if being honest. Was expecting a sharp learning curve but it's come pretty easily.
ATM not a fan of the lights, as mine came misaligned and look like garbage...but hoping their service tech can fix it properly :3 They said they can do it at my house which conflicts with what the other user here said -_-

For those wanting a caliper color change (and are DIYer'ers), painting your calipers yourself is actually quite easy to do, and if you take your time, fun. Tons of youtube videos but from (lots) of experience, a few tips:
1)Clean the calipers very well using Brake Clean(Typically takes one can total for each side of the car, so two cans)
2)Wipe the calipers down to ensure they are squeaky clean.
3)Scuff them LIGHTLY with scotchbrite pad to rough them up just a tiny bit so the paiint can adhere well.
4)Use foil and/or trashbags to mask off the rotor and wheel well area.
5)I've used VHT Caliper paint in the can to then spray several thin layers of paint over the caliper, with temps in the 70s and up for good spray from the can/good adherence. Painting in colder temps or in extreme humidity wont produce the best results.
6)Once fully dry, I apply the TESLA decals found on ebay (they look identical to OEM font).
7)After applying the decal, I spray 3-4 thin coats of clear across the entire caliper.

After that, the key to maintaining the fresh new look, is to not use harsh wheel cleaner when cleaning the wheels. It can slowly fade the paint on the calipers. I only use the car wash soap in my foam gun and at low pressure. Ive had the color last for years with this method, and its very economical.

For those wanting a caliper color change (and are DIYer'ers), painting your calipers yourself is actually quite easy to do, and if you take your time, fun. Tons of youtube videos but from (lots) of experience, a few tips:
1)Clean the calipers very well using Brake Clean(Typically takes one can total for each side of the car, so two cans)
2)Wipe the calipers down to ensure they are squeaky clean.
3)Scuff them LIGHTLY with scotchbrite pad to rough them up just a tiny bit so the paiint can adhere well.
4)Use foil and/or trashbags to mask off the rotor and wheel well area.
5)I've used VHT Caliper paint in the can to then spray several thin layers of paint over the caliper, with temps in the 70s and up for good spray from the can/good adherence. Painting in colder temps or in extreme humidity wont produce the best results.
6)Once fully dry, I apply the TESLA decals found on ebay (they look identical to OEM font).
7)After applying the decal, I spray 3-4 thin coats of clear across the entire caliper.

After that, the key to maintaining the fresh new look, is to not use harsh wheel cleaner when cleaning the wheels. It can slowly fade the paint on the calipers. I only use the car wash soap in my foam gun and at low pressure. Ive had the color last for years with this method, and its very economical.
I agree and did this on my 2021 Raven MS. One thing I would add is to use a high temp clear coat after the decals are applied. This is the one I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CPJLV2/

Also high temp TESLA decals are a must. Both types are on ebay.

One last thing, I liked the brush on color. It is a two part mix and dries very hard with a high gloss.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BQ87YK/

It takes some time to do it yourself but it can turn out beautifully.

IMG_5117.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree and did this on my 2021 Raven MS. One thing I would add is to use a high temp clear coat after the decals are applied. This is the one I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CPJLV2/

Also high temp TESLA decals are a must. Both types are on ebay.

One last thing, I liked the brush on color. It is a two part mix and dries very hard with a high gloss.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004BQ87YK/

It takes some time to do it yourself but it can turn out beautifully.

View attachment 791835
I dont disagree on any of your points. But will note, that unless persons are going to the track or street driving VERY hard? Most wont be braking enough (regen) to get close enough to brake temps that will impact non high temp paint/decals. But sure, to be cautious, why not. I get it.

View attachment 791628

View attachment 791629

View attachment 791630

Where did you get your lug caps and center cap?

View attachment 791628

View attachment 791629

View attachment 791630

What size and style of Martian wheel did you get? Looking at the same brand for mine. please post pics when installed. Thank you

What size and style of Martian wheel did you get? Looking at the same brand for mine. please post pics when installed. Thank you
I got the 19” Martian MW05 in satin black. I thought they were the ones pictured on the website, but the pictures are of the gunmetal grey colour (I assumed gunmetal was much lighter - oops). I’ll be sure to post some updated pics soon.

MS Plaid in white, black interior, 19inch wheels now available in Inventory at Marina Del Rey. Factory gate date is April 6 2022.

Just letting anyone who is looking know!

Marina Del Rey, CA

[EDIT] Also I am wondering why these cars pop up in inventory? Is this because someone rejected delivery or cancelled?

Last edited: