Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, though I have to fly there to get it. Not very convenient. There are some local ones, like a '22 for $71k with no options and 28k miles. Though, like we've said, the '22s are worth more than the '21s.
I’m local if you are interested in it, I can go give you a local set of eyes and pics/videos. Just bought the wife a ‘22 X used recently so happy to bring out the fine tooth comb again. I’m also super picky about cars and just spend about 20 hours on her car for paint protection and ceramic…

Looks like Green is trying to jump on the "confirmation" band wagon that can be viewed on X. Obviously we all knew about the color changes outside of the S because those are very visible on Tesla's website. However he is also confirming that the new yolk & horn hardware exists. Unfortunately the software doesn't tell us when we will actually see it.

Personally I don't care about the horn but I am still curious about this efficiency package that results in less mileage for the Plaid.

Looks like Green is trying to jump on the "confirmation" band wagon that can be viewed on X. Obviously we all knew about the color changes outside of the S because those are very visible on Tesla's website. However he is also confirming that the new yolk & horn hardware exists. Unfortunately the software doesn't tell us when we will actually see it.

Personally I don't care about the horn but I am still curious about this efficiency package that results in less mileage for the Plaid.
Haha the "inefficiency package"

I’m local if you are interested in it, I can go give you a local set of eyes and pics/videos. Just bought the wife a ‘22 X used recently so happy to bring out the fine tooth comb again. I’m also super picky about cars and just spend about 20 hours on her car for paint protection and ceramic…

And finding all the stuff that can be wrong with an X is totally next leveling it.

Make sure that when you FWD close, even if they look well aligned while closed, that the top of the FWDs don't dip lower than the rest of the roof for the split second before the latch pulls the door completely closed. If they do, then its puts extra stress on the latch as it's meant to only pull the door in, not support the full weight. It will also destroy the FWD glass roof seals as they get bent up each time for a split second. The way to fix it is to adjust the roof mounted bump stops so that they rest on the door frame seal on the roof.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Carolina Karl got his car ...
Carolina Karl has left the chat. 😁

Lurking, not leaving! :)

I deleted my four-year-old Model 3 with 72,000 from my insurance and added the brand-spankin'-new Model S that is worth four times as much.

My car insurance went down $5 a month.

I asked my agent why: "The safety features of the vehicle, and the cost to replace and find new car parts are two things we have noticed that make insurance on a newer vehicle cheaper than an older vehicle."

So, I'm chipping away at that opportunity cost for having just purchased a 2023-designated new car instead of waiting for a 2024! In the four months it will take many of you to get your 2024-designated model, I'll have saved $20.

I deleted my four-year-old Model 3 with 72,000 from my insurance and added the brand-spankin'-new Model S that is worth four times as much.

I asked my agent why: "The safety features of the vehicle, and the cost to replace and find new car parts are two things we have noticed that make insurance on a newer vehicle cheaper than an older vehicle."

So, I'm chipping away at that opportunity cost for having just purchased a 2023-designated new car instead of waiting for a 2024! In the four months it will take many of you to get your 2024-designated model, I'll have saved $20.
haha. I'm paying insurance on a car I don't have just to keep my license plate. NC is strange. Thankfully it's only about $20 / month.

Reactions: Carolina Karl
Such a weird way to change model year - the delayed introduction, lack of VINS while bleeding off inventory, the “ update design” email. It does seem like some level of change is inbound. But maybe not.
It is weird, almost disorganized, but that's because we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. I don't know why they delayed model year change for so long, maybe inventory on hand was too large to discount after 2024 model year is introduced so they were bleeding it off?

I don't think either that Model S is going to get any significant changes, maybe that center horny steering wheel. But then why stop production for 2 weeks? Lets see what shows up on first 2024 cars.

Reactions: dn325ci

The order page is still saying Jan-Feb. Do think this is unlikely? I've been holding out placing the order because I don't want to chance anything made before March.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Such a weird way to change model year - the delayed introduction, lack of VINS while bleeding off inventory, the “ update design” email. It does seem like some level of change is inbound. But maybe not.
My guess is they delayed the 2024 VINs to delay the impact the reduced ranges might have on their sales

I've had the car for 3 days. We're coming from a 2013 Model S. The new car is noticeably better in every way possible. The ride is smoother, and the seats are a different world. The power is plentiful. I will get used to the horn and the turn signals. Buy with confidence!
I did the same. The new version is much nicer. It is worth noting the frunk and trunk are considerably smaller. Which will take some getting used to. But a very enjoyable upgrade otherwise.

State Farm here in Northwest Indiana, 1 claim for fender/front work on a Tesla M3 (by wife - important detail) in past 7 years. 50+ age for wife and myself. All insurance thru them. The 2017 averaged 7000mi a year but part of that was pandemic.

2017 100D $869, 2023 Plaid $970 per 6mo.

For fun I asked about 2017 P100D, $990 and 2023 LR $868. All costs 6mo. I have watched my renewals on my 2017 grow over the years.

"That's bizarre" was Agent's first reaction. Then the autoplay of newer is better rhetoric began.

Weird stuff.

• Informative
Reactions: Carolina Karl