Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y has anyone received 2023 VIN yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK guys just picked up my model Y long range here's some info that may help you. I had white on black, regular wheels, no tow, enhanced auto pilot. Mine came without USS. My Vin was 589. Some on the lot with 59 bins Still had USS. On the topic of the cameras, none of the Y's had the "new"cameras that the model threes have. I spoke with the guy there that claims to have installed the cameras in the factory prior to working at the service center. And he said The new cameras showing up are the same part number and likely just a newer version of the same camera. Not the five megapixel rumored cameras. Overall build quality on mine was excellent and I did about an hour and a half thorough inspection. Good luck to you all.

in the app did it warn you about the no USS?

I called my rep and he said my MY LR didn't have USS but my app didn't warn me, and the website back end settings said "ShowUSSWarning: False".

OK guys just picked up my model Y long range here's some info that may help you. I had white on black, regular wheels, no tow, enhanced auto pilot. Mine came without USS. My Vin was 589. Some on the lot with 59 bins Still had USS. On the topic of the cameras, none of the Y's had the "new"cameras that the model threes have. I spoke with the guy there that claims to have installed the cameras in the factory prior to working at the service center. And he said The new cameras showing up are the same part number and likely just a newer version of the same camera. Not the five megapixel rumored cameras. Overall build quality on mine was excellent and I did about an hour and a half thorough inspection. Good luck to you all.
Congrats on getting the car and thanks for that intel. Very useful.
I'd wondered in previous posts if anyone really knew for sure if the new look to the camera meant it was the 5MP one or not. I don't think anyone has proof that it is the new camera.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jedisparky
Stopped by the local delivery center today as I wanted to see if they had any 2023 VIN Model Ys out that had the new cams or deleted USS. Newest ones had 585 Fremont VINs

There were six 2023 VIN MYs prepped for delivery, all had USS and all had the original camera housings.

Worth noting that the panel fitment, especially the notorious slight "gap" or offset where the driver's side of the hood meets the corresponding part of the bumper was much better on the Austin built cars than the Fremont built cars. Amazing that after years of building these cars Fremont can't get this problem sorted out.

I spoke with my remote SA today who happened to be rather helpful in the information he provided. I'm picking up my MY LR on Saturday with VIN PF592. He told me my car will have USS as opposed to Tesla Vision, no matrix headlights, and a parcel cover will be included. He stated very specifically that "all Model Y's built after October 20, 2022 will come with the Parcel Shelf to cover cargo in the trunk". Hope this is of use to folks.

So, I've been thinking about the camera thing. If I end up getting the "old" ones on delivery, is it likely that they'll upgrade them later on, since I bought FSD? It seems like they're doing that with some older models...

So, I've been thinking about the camera thing. If I end up getting the "old" ones on delivery, is it likely that they'll upgrade them later on, since I bought FSD? It seems like they're doing that with some older models...
I saw a video on YouTube that those who have FSD started to receive messages to schedule a service appointment for the free cameras upgrade. I am wondering if my delivery was pushed back because of this since I am getting FSD. I had a two weeks window in early October, which was changed to 1-31 December.

Where exactly did you see the VIN "online" prior to it displaying in the app?
It was in the description section of the website. If I recall correctly Account>Dashboard>Manage. I did not need to inspect HTML code or anything, it was just listed there. Now that I have taken delivery, the path options in manage have changed, so not sure which link inside it was.

It was also listed on the acceptance documents they added about a week before the delivery.

They send a pair of confirmation links with the 2 documents to you at one point - and one of the 2 has the VIN right at the top.

Reactions: Ron Swanson
Hi Folks, scheduled delivery for MY LR for 11/5/22. I ordered the MY online on 10/24/22. Original estimated delivery was December 2022 to April 2023 and then it updated the following day to between 11/8/22 to 11/22/22. This afternoon, I got a text message advising it was time to schedule delivery. VIN is 7SAYGDEE9PF59XXXX. I haven't had as much time as some to figure all this stuff out so hoping maybe someone can get me up to speed. Based on the VIN, my vehicle was built in Fremont. I ordered Midnight Silver Metallic, black interior, 20" induction wheels, 5 seater, no tow hitch, and left it at basic autopilot.
Where are you located? I orderd the EXACT same MYLR March 3rd 22!!!! Waiting for my delivery date next week. How the hell did you perform that Black Magic trick to get so soon. Happy for you, but that's crazy!

Reactions: Gray Man