Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New unlimited lifetime supercharger promotion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely a US centric observation. Just visit Hong Kong and check out the queues at the SCs. Also, it is rare to be on a major road in HK and not see at least a few Teslas.

The same can be said in the North shore of Illinois but eventually after this build cycle supercharger availability will be much improved.

Losing the subsidy in Hong Kong will ensure teslas heyday is winding down. I think this is the worst it will be for you.

It sounds like Tesla found the costs of running the pay per use supercharging system much more involved than simply keeping it unlimited free for now. I don't think the Model 3 folks will have the same benefit, but S and X owners should.

For those who are looking, my own referral is available too!

• Disagree
Reactions: Galve2000
I think you got this one backwards. You get lifetime supercharging for any S or X you own but it is non-transferable. Otherwise I agree with your other scenarios. The whole point of this change is they don't want lack of free supercharging to be the obstacle for current owners to upgrade every 2-3 years to the latest S or X.
People who tomorrow use a referral code will get a car which has non-transferable unlimited supercharging, is what I wrote. I think we're saying the same thing.

I would be pretty ticked off at Tesla if I was a customer deciding to purchase a 90D or a 100D last quarter, and decided to get the 90D simply for the free Supercharging. The difference between those two cars was only $3k. But then again, Tesla is known to screw over their high end purchasers, i.e. people that purchased the P100D in August and September of last year for over $150k before Hardware 2.0 came out.

Technology always marches forward. Pretending progress = screwing past customers is just plain stupid. That kind of idiocy is how you get stagnant crappy industries like the auto industry pre-Tesla.

I say that as a buyer of one of the very first P100DL cars (and it did not cost any $150k either, more like $135k).

People who tomorrow use a referral code will get a car which has non-transferable unlimited supercharging, is what I wrote. I think we're saying the same thing.

You wrote "(not you)" which was what I was pointing out as probably wrong. The referral code users will get lifetime S and X supercharging tied to themselves (the owner). I agree with the non-transferable point of your statement though.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Yeah I'm bummed too. Finalized in late April and delivery scheduled for June. I sure hope my order qualifies. The MyTesla page does not make me optimistic....

Edit: Actually maybe all is not lost. There is a blank space on my confirmation that wasn't there before, as others have pointed out.

My Model X 100D April 17th order has an entry on my spec that looks identical to yours.

Technology always marches forward. Pretending progress = screwing past customers is just plain stupid. That kind of idiocy is how you get stagnant crappy industries like the auto industry pre-Tesla.

I say that as a buyer of one of the very first P100DL cars (and it did not cost any $150k either, more like $135k).

How is bringing back free Supercharging for one more quarter (after announcing and selling cars on the premise it is gone) technology's march forward?

Whatever your opinion on is it good or bad, one thing is clear: this is pure and simply sales. Nothing to do with technological progress.

The messages are not very clear. I made a table. Please correct me if anything is wrong.

Tesla0521.png

How is bringing back free Supercharging for one more quarter (after announcing and selling cars on the premise it is gone) technology's march forward?

Whatever your opinion on is it good or bad, one thing is clear: this is pure and simply sales. Nothing to do with technological progress.

Read the post I quoted. I was responding to the guy who said that Tesla releasing AP2 screwed anyone who bought a car with AP1.