Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doug is crying, actually laughing pretty hard. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

P.S. Pretty childish to spend the time to go back and do so many disagrees but funny.
Just for curiosity could you take a snapshot of your posts profile.

Here is mine.
Post Ratings
Received: Given:
0 0
Informative 17 1
Thumbs up. 101 11
Thumbs down 14 2
Funny. 14 0
Love. 6 1

Then we will see who the childish one is. By the way 13 of the 14 disagrees are from you.

Again

If this thread has no bearing on you, what are you doing here?

Buck a Beer, it's going to be a great four years.

Attachments

• doug_beer.jpg
    doug_beer.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 70

Here is mine.
Post Ratings
0 0
Informative 17 1
Thumbs up. 101 11
Thumbs down 14 2
Funny. 14 0
Love. 6 1

Then we will see who the childish one is. By the way 13 of the 14 disagrees are from you.

Again

Attachments

• doug_beer.jpg
    doug_beer.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 52
Folks, I can only suggest that the troll be ignored. I mean, completely ignored. Don't respond to his posts, don't comment about the dislikes or whatever... I mean, who cares anyway? If people don't engage with someone whom they dislike talking to, sooner or later that person will clue in and go away.

Na man, this needs to be called out. Either hes a troll or working for someone, the messages he sends spreads misinformation.
The "Sooner or later that person will clue in and go away" will not happen, because a) trolls don't clue in and b) if hes working for someone he won't go away, its his job.

Na man, this needs to be called out. Either hes a troll or working for someone, the messages he sends spreads misinformation.
The "Sooner or later that person will clue in and go away" will not happen, because a) trolls don't clue in and b) if hes working for someone he won't go away, its his job.

Oh, ok. Keep banging your head on that brick wall, then. ;)

My account page got updated to indicate a delivery date of Sept 17 (Day 1 reservation, June 19 order, see my sig for config). No VIN assigned that I know of but I haven't called in to ask. Since the car is apparently not going to be delivered until after Sept 10, whether or not there's a change in the rebate cancellation policy no longer impacts me. It's a frustrating but expected ending to my story. Good luck everyone!

My account page got updated to indicate a delivery date of Sept 17 (Day 1 reservation, June 19 order, see my sig for config). No VIN assigned that I know of but I haven't called in to ask. Since the car is apparently not going to be delivered until after Sept 10, whether or not there's a change in the rebate cancellation policy no longer impacts me. It's a frustrating but expected ending to my story. Good luck everyone!

Please do call Tesla and see what's up.
I was a Day 1 reservation, ordered June 21, received the car July 31. RWD LR 19" Pearl white.

There was a hail storm that damaged a bunch of cars on the lot that week tho, may have something to do with it.

Also note, even my estimate was on august to october.

So close! I would definitely call in. They may be highly motivated to at least confirm a date that has a high degree of accuracy given the circumstances.

I am hoping Tesla can win this case, and allow those who cancel to get back in and get the car. This is the ideal situation as if Tesla was not singled out, and those of us can get the M3 we ordered.

However, I am not optimistic that will happen :{
:(

Well I'm on that bandwagon. I hope Tesla does win damages and uses those damages to fund a limited rebate just for those that had to cancel in Ontario. They give us $14K from those damages, and we give them $70K for the car! Seems like a fair trade to me! ;-) lol!

Those that went ahead with the purchase and purchased before July 11th also deserve compensation particularly from the PC government, IMHO, as outlined in the exception clause as if it were applied in a fair and equitable manner to all.

It's all wishful thinking of course - we wont know how it turns out for Telsa. Hopefully, Telsa will realize they stand to make more from any awarded damages if they use it to help out those for whom the car was just short of reach.

Either way, I hope justice is served and it's a win for Tesla. Whatever reason the PC government concocted to exclude Tesla is simply bulls**t and smacks of a discriminatory practice.

Here is mine.
Post Ratings
0 0
Informative 17 1
Thumbs up. 101 11
Thumbs down 14 2
Funny. 14 0
Love. 6 1

Again

Just ignore those who aren’t very bright

So close! I would definitely call in. They may be highly motivated to at least confirm a date that has a high degree of accuracy given the circumstances.

Called and spoke to an adviser. I have a VIN assigned (75xxx) and they are prepping the car for rail transport. September 17 is the scheduled delivery date. Given the tight timing relative to the Sept 10 cutoff (and the huge uncertainty in the rebate outcome anyway), I made the difficult decision to change my order to AWD. It's a huge swing financially and means some serious belt tightening but is probably the right car for us longer term. I sincerely hope things work out for those continuing with the fight.

Called and spoke to an adviser. I have a VIN assigned (75xxx) and they are prepping the car for rail transport. September 17 is the scheduled delivery date. Given the tight timing relative to the Sept 10 cutoff (and the huge uncertainty in the rebate outcome anyway), I made the difficult decision to change my order to AWD. It's a huge swing financially and means some serious belt tightening but is probably the right car for us longer term. I sincerely hope things work out for those continuing with the fight.

Switching to AWD must push you out much further for delivery, no? Did they give you an estimate on that? Still no AWD delivered to Canada yet, but hoping a big batch shows up at end of month.

Just checked my Tesla account and no update for me. Ordered June 9th LR Solid Black 18" Aero Wheels. Tomorrow will be 11 weeks since my order. Tesla estimated 4-8 weeks. Maybe they have stopped making black cars. I knew i should have ordered a different colour!