Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Boost Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I caved and purchased the boost.

holy *sugar* it’s a night and day difference. Remember the first time you drove and Tesla and you had that rollercoaster feeling in your stomach? The raw power that hooked you into the vehicle in the first place? The boost brings that feeling back.

On the standard Y, the acceleration has sort of a slow roll out before it really starts moving. This solves that delay. It’s literally almost a question of if it’s too fast (it’s not, but you get the point).

happy to answer any and all questions. I tried downloading a 0-60 app but it’s unreliable and spotty.

Will Tesla put out a software update for boost on the MY Performance like on the M3 Performance? Do you think its in the works? I've been driving my car for about a month and a half. I believe there's plenty more power in the MY Performance! Fingers crossed....

Will Tesla put out a software update for boost on the MY Performance like on the M3 Performance? Do you think its in the works? I've been driving my car for about a month and a half. I believe there's plenty more power in the MY Performance! Fingers crossed....
There has never been a boost option for the Performance. There were 2, 5% power bumps that all model 3s received but the Performance seems to be near its limit now.

Just to confirm....the upgrade does transfer with the car when it sells? So its $2000, but you would just be paying for depreciation b/c it does increase the value of the car, correct?
I don’t think it increases the value of the car at all. If you’re trading it in to Tesla, they will remove it anyway, so that they can (possibly) sell the same “upgrade” to the next buyer/sucker.
If I was looking for a used MY , I would prefer one without the boost, less abuse by previous owner

I don’t think it increases the value of the car at all. If you’re trading it in to Tesla, they will remove it anyway, so that they can (possibly) sell the same “upgrade” to the next buyer/sucker.
If I was looking for a used MY , I would prefer one without the boost, less abuse by previous owner

I was able to sell my Model 3 privately and actually got MORE calls because it included the performance boost.

Purchased it for $56k, received a tax break, and sold it for $50k cash. Now I’m in a Model Y LR with acceleration boost and have zero regrets!

I was able to sell my Model 3 privately and actually got MORE calls because it included the performance boost.

Purchased it for $56k, received a tax break, and sold it for $50k cash. Now I’m in a Model Y LR with acceleration boost and have zero regrets!
As someone wise said once, there’s a sucker born every minute. I’m glad you found one to sell your car to.

• Funny
Reactions: Arctic_White
From Reddit (take with a grain of salt).

"I hooked up my Dragy GPS and it ran 12.26 @ 113 mph. 0-60 3.9 with a 1ft roll out. 19" Geminis LR AWD"

3.9sec puts it only 0.4 from the performance! Oh man, if this is verified, it's a no brainer if you were on the fence for the performance.

Ugh this doesn't help me hold out. I can hear my wallet screaming from the other room. Must resist.

Last edited:

"I hooked up my Dragy GPS and it ran 12.26 @ 113 mph. 0-60 3.9 with a 1ft roll out. 19" Geminis LR AWD"

3.9sec puts it only 0.4 from the performance! Oh man, if this is verified, it's a no brainer if you were on the fence for the performance.
i was guessing 4 sec since model 3 with boost 0-60 w/ rollout is about 3.6 i think. .3 sec better than w/o rollout.

Tried the upgrade....I can definitely tell a difference. Floored it before and after the upgrade, and just like most here on the thread, before, the MY doesn't really push you back into your seat until ...30-40mph or so? After the upgrade, I feel that push into your seat near immediately.

I really need to try out a model S ludicrous mode now....I can barely imagine what that would feel like.

Tried the upgrade....I can definitely tell a difference. Floored it before and after the upgrade, and just like most here on the thread, before, the MY doesn't really push you back into your seat until ...30-40mph or so? After the upgrade, I feel that push into your seat near immediately.

I really need to try out a model S ludicrous mode now....I can barely imagine what that would feel like.

Don't....your car will feel slow afterwards. The G forces on that car is painful...i'd probably black out in the Plaid version.

Lol that's me. I even posted the Dragy screens in the reddit thread and here.