Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only change is that it's a point of sale rebate. Everything else as far as we can tell is the same. I think it's very unlikely this will apply to used cars.

Is there a new new terms document that states the change to POS?

Logically it does NOT make sense to exclude used vehicles.

THE point of this program is the supposed climate change thing. And somehow EVs that are powered by electricity mostly made by fossil fuel powered factories will save the planet.
IF you believe that garbage, which I personally do NOT, but which obviously the NJ governor does, Then whether it's a new ev or a much cheaper used ev, which will obviously be easier to swallow price wise for the masses, would make sense to be included.

Idk, my 0.2c.

The range loss is a non-issue for most, but the reduction in Supercharging speed is not. That is lawsuit worthy because Tesla never, ever disclosed to buyers that Supercharging speeds would be reduced over time—something they must have known at the time but did not disclose. We can apply the batterygate arguments to chargegate, i.e., if it is related to a potential hazard or degradation issue then it is a defect. Reducing charging speeds is just another way to avoid warranty claims just like with batterygate.

I think it's fair to say that most of us expected to enjoy the promised supercharging speeds for the full ownership period. Anything else would require knowledge of batteries, electrical systems, etc., and that is well beyond the understanding of most Tesla customers. Bottom line: Tesla lied to early owners and has gotten away with it.

The way Tesla has treated us early adopters—once Tesla no longer needed us—has been utterly horrific. Elon should spend less time barefoot and pregnant in interviews and more time figuring out how to stop lying and screwing customers. Unfortunately, the only way to do that is to hit him where it hurts financially.

I'm pretty sure FSD will spell the end of Tesla. The tech is going to kill people, regulators will get involved, and flaws/shortcuts/lack of QC will be found everywhere. That is, after all, Elon's calling card. Elon continuing to foolishly and irresponsibly push FSD beta is the single best bet at Tesla getting the regulator smackdown.

I can predict how Biden's administration will handle something like this and I personally can't wait!

Last edited:
What a completely unnecessary comment.
Thank you for bumping it yet again for exposure. Also, I thought your username was “Triple Tucker” and that was about to be very fun for me. But alas, it wasn’t meant to be.

2291749E-DD64-49EE-8F33-1191FD2E8A05.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: eevee-fan and JRP3
Not sure about an apocalypse, or a rapture, but certainly they will sell a lot of these in those states where you can now drive into a crowd of protesters and not be prosecuted. With the armored glass you don't have to worry about any repercussions to your immoral actions.

It seems like Tigers really hit a nerve with his income projection and generalization. Everyone obviously has very different life circumstances and cost of living variances. I just think the income level he stated is what his own personal circumstances dictate is rational to him.

You have to take into account so many different variables that you can not make a generalization on necessary income levels, since everyones monthly living expenses vary greatly.

Well really my main point was that Biden is hurting ev growth for the sake of politics and optics, not what would actually push EVs moving into the market faster.

The whole $250k household number is his arbitrary line of "rich" and was just giving those a heads up in this thread that we are unlikely to benefit, so no need to push off delivery.

Outside of that, yeah, my other thoughts still stand but whatever people want to do with their money is their own problem. 😊

I will say, after living in California for a year or so, it was pretty hilarious watching people driving around $100k cars sitting in traffic on the way to their 9-5 and then coming home to an apartment, likely around the 800 sq ft mark. Always made me giggle. I digress.

"bipartisan support" hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
The original EV tax credit was signed into law by Republican George W Bush. Democrats are not that interested in "tax credits" as the majority of their voters don't even pay $7000 in income taxes, so they couldn't even use the tax credit at all.. Only the evil "wealthy" take advantage of those tax credits.. Not that I'm a fan of Republicans (I'm registered Libertarian) but fact is that the original tax credit happened under George W Bush... Democrats have enough votes to pass HR848 but you will see that it won't happen.. They don't need Republicans..

The original EV tax credit was signed into law by Republican George W Bush. Democrats are not that interested in "tax credits" as the majority of their voters don't even pay $7000 in income taxes, so they couldn't even use the tax credit at all.. Only the evil "wealthy" take advantage of those tax credits.. Not that I'm a fan of Republicans (I'm registered Libertarian) but fact is that the original tax credit happened under George W Bush... Democrats have enough votes to pass HR848 but you will see that it won't happen.. They don't need Republicans.
“Majority of their voters don’t even pay $7000 in come taxes” you may not be a registered Republicans but I’m sure you subscribe to some of their ideologies. Lakeland, FL will always be Lakeland, FL

“Majority of their voters don’t even pay $7000 in come taxes” you may not be a registered Republicans but I’m sure you subscribe to some of their ideologies. Lakeland, FL will always be Lakeland, FL
The only ideology I subscribe to is the Libertarian ideology. I believe that both, Republicans and Democrats are a disease and are killing the country. Of course, on fiscal issues, Libertarians tend to be more in line with Republicans but on Social issues, we are pretty much left. In the end, Politicians of both parties only work for their donors and not us the people. They don't give a **** about the people.. They care about getting re-elected and that means pleasing their donors so that the money keeps on coming. I'm generally anti political establishment. As for Lakeland, it's a fantastic town.. I lived in Vienna/Austria (born Austrian), Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale area and now in Lakeland..

The only ideology I subscribe to is the Libertarian ideology. I believe that both, Republicans and Democrats are a disease and are killing the country. Of course, on fiscal issues, Libertarians tend to be more in line with Republicans but on Social issues, we are pretty much left. In the end, Politicians of both parties only work for their donors and not us the people. They don't give a **** about the people.. They care about getting re-elected and that means pleasing their donors so that the money keeps on coming. I'm generally anti political establishment. As for Lakeland, it's a fantastic town.. I lived in Vienna/Austria (born Austrian), Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale area and now in Lakeland..

Amen ;-), someone on here that doesn't follow blindly as well and knows its just about power, not helping, reducing tax burdens, etc. The government is an animal that does the opposite. These tax breaks are not "free" at all - we pay for them ourselves directly, in the depreciating dollar due to debt/money supply, etc.

Amen ;-), someone on here that doesn't follow blindly as well and knows its just about power, not helping, reducing tax burdens, etc. The government is an animal that does the opposite. These tax breaks are not "free" at all - we pay for them ourselves directly, in the depreciating dollar due to debt/money supply, etc.
American politics is a choice between EVILS. Do you want to get poked in the left eye or right eye is like the choice between Republicans and Democrats..
No, thank you, I don't want to get poked in the eye at all..

Reactions: travwill
Might want to check the data there on a few or all of those claims

You are right
Data?? What data?? I just stated a fact that the original EV tax credit was signed into law by George W Bush. It's a fact that Democrats have the House and Senate and can force through anything they want without any Republican support. They did it with Obamacare, remember??
46.6% of Americans do NOT pay federal income tax. Also a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.