Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - 14 day EAP trial!

If you have received your EAP trial, based upon the trial have you (for the car)

• decided to buy FSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was planning to anyway

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was not planning to but liked what I saw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I was planning to but found it not to my liking

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I wasn't planning to anyway

Votes: 82 52.2%
  • not made up my mind yet

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • previously purchased EAP or FSD

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • not been offered the trial

Votes: 35 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a response from customer services..

"Please be aware our trials have a second roll out due tomorrow"

So hopefully those of us who have missed out so far will get it tomorrow. Customer services seem engaged to sort through, so if nothing then I'd contact them next week.

I'm interested just to have a play and wouldn't want to miss out on a good dose of disappointment 😂

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Just got a response from customer services..

"Please be aware our trials have a second roll out due tomorrow"

So hopefully those of us who have missed out so far will get it tomorrow. Customer services seem engaged to sort through, so if nothing then I'd contact them next week.

I'm interested just to have a play and wouldn't want to miss out on a good dose of disappointment 😂
How did you get in contact with Customer Serice please? I was advised to email [email protected] but I think this is just for FSD beta access, so I don’t expect a response.

I am glad of the trail becuase at one time I was thinking of getting the upgrade but having tried it I'm so glad I didn't!
The only thing I wish Tesla would do is suspend AP (leaving TACC ON) when the indicator is ON and resume AP when the indicator is OFF. That would make lane changes sooo much better. Should be an easy software fix...
That would kill sales of EAP though. Other than Autopark, which I haven’t tried yet, the only advantage EAP really offers over AP is that it doesn’t disconnect on lane change (when it works).

Woke up today to find Summon button in Tesla App and was able to activate this and Enhanced Autopilot on car touchscreen.

It says it expires on 8 April. Which is 14 days. So these EAP trials are extending into April.

No emails or texts from Tesla highlighting this offer to me or confirming trial period.

I’m driving a MIC M3 LR with only 168 miles on the clock. iPhone Tesla App if that matters.

Guess I’ll give this a try.

Llama

Reactions: SonOfMaw
Okay I’ve tried some of the AOP features.

Summon seems very hesitant but you can just about manage to drive it forward and back.

Smart summon doesn’t work and just a says ‘cameras are calibrating’ stuck at 93%. Anyone else noticed that?

I’m not really doing any motorway miles at the moment other than the odd 60 mile round trip to try and get build issues fixed at a Tesla SC so I’ve only had a little play with it. I can’t see me doing much motorway miles until September at the earliest, at which point there will only be 3 years left on the lease.

I won’t be buying EAP at the moment, but if they make some improvements once they have telemetry from a lot of people playing with it or other software improvements which we’ve not seen, I may consider a subscription for 9 or 10 months a year if EAP becomes available on subscription and it’s a reasonable price.

Had to drive to SC yesterday so was pleased to see I was in the trial.

Dumb summon is great. SC parked our car in between two other cars and I was worried about hitting another car, so summoned it out, worked perfectly.

Auto lane change is okay, it's a bit annoying though, from what I can see you have to indicate and then nudge the steering wheel, which is a bit meh, but it was nice to have it stay in autopilot rather than having to engage and disengage.

Navigate on autopilot was fun, it joined the motorway okay and left the motorway which I was impressed with, the auto lane change suggestions were okay, but it would sometimes want to Lane change me when I was doing my chosen speed and the car in front was pretty much matching. If I did the lane change I just ended up hogging the right lane and after a few seconds would want me to change back.

Having to confirm every lane change is annoying though but I'm aware thats a regulation thing.

Not tried autopark yet, my understanding is you have to use it between two parked cars, I generally try to park with space either side of us so not that useful.

I'm leasing, so not easy to add, if I could do a subscription for £50 a month, I'd probably go for it. Summon is worth it alone when people park next to you in a car park, I'm a tall guy so it's hard to get in and out in those situations.