Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it odd that 42.2.1 is getting pushed out still even though 42.3 & 42.4 are both out there as well.
42.2.1 was a sursprise when it was installed, still no clue why I got it, unless it’s related to my feedback.

Oh the torture of having to do it ourselves :D
I miss having intermittent settings that work. I don't really mind turning it on slow or fast if it is raining hard enough. I just hate when in a mist or drizzle, where even "slow" is too fast, I have to keep hitting the button ever 10 seconds.

At this point I wish I could disable the automatic setting and go back to the two intermittent speeds that were there before they put in the auto modes. Or maybe they could make the auto modes work in a mist or drizzle.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
I miss having intermittent settings that work. I don't really mind turning it on slow or fast if it is raining hard enough. I just hate when in a mist or drizzle, where even "slow" is too fast, I have to keep hitting the button ever 10 seconds.

At this point I wish I could disable the automatic setting and go back to the two intermittent speeds that were there before they put in the auto modes. Or maybe they could make the auto modes work in a mist or drizzle.

You know you can disable the auto wipers and go back to the old settings

I had seen release notes in the past for something called "Seatbelt card" that would disable the "seatbelt not buckled" warnings when using a LATCH child seat. The seat sensors would sense something on the seat (assuming it's a person) and the alarms would go off. This feature allegedly allows you to mute that.

But I can't see it in mine and I have 42.2 on a 2017 Model X. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Nilnoc
I had seen release notes in the past for something called "Seatbelt card" that would disable the "seatbelt not buckled" warnings when using a LATCH child seat. The seat sensors would sense something on the seat (assuming it's a person) and the alarms would go off. This feature allegedly allows you to mute that.

Tap the red bubble in the warning card. Should toggle between red and car seat.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA

I thought I saw that it was only available on the Model 3.

• Informative
Interesting. I unbuckled the seatbelt in the X and didn't see any warning whatsoever... strange, eh? per @diamond.g advice, but nothing even appeared for me to click on....
Depending on when it was built, it may or may not have rear seat sensors. We have a Model S from December 2016 that doesn't have them but the Model S from March 2017 does. They are constantly making improvements.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
Depending on when it was built, it may or may not have rear seat sensors. We have a Model S from December 2016 that doesn't have them but the Model S from March 2017 does. They are constantly making improvements.

I called Tesla to get them added to my rear seats but they are only in Premium not next gen even with PUP. But some say premium can be installed in next gen but service says wiring harness is different. Who knows? But I really want this because my daughter uses the belt and not LATCH for her car seat and occasionally if someone sits next to her they unbuckle her accidentally while they get buckled. A warning would be amazing.

I called Tesla to get them added to my rear seats but they are only in Premium not next gen even with PUP. But some say premium can be installed in next gen but service says wiring harness is different. Who knows? But I really want this because my daughter uses the belt and not LATCH for her car seat and occasionally if someone sits next to her they unbuckle her accidentally while they get buckled. A warning would be amazing.
You may have this already, but I’ve found a “seatbelt extender” to be tremendously helpful for car seats and booster seats. My daughter had a hard time buckling/unbuckling herself without it and anybody riding in the middle couldn’t get theirs on because the receivers are so recessed.

Obligatory “your child will certainly die” and the world will plunge into perpetual darkness if you use one. /s

Seat Belt Extender Pros™ - Your Source for Safe Seat Belt Extensions

2018.42.2 Drive on Nav was great in the morning snow filled commute. AP was solid. Lane lines were visible. Took exit ramp and put me in correct turn lane and took left turn on its own and continued for 3 miles until next light when I needed to turn right. Left turn from ramp onto service road was painted and it took it painfully slowly but otherwise competently.

Haven't gotten snow wheels on yet but all seasons handled wet snow, wipers were way more aggressive than with rain or mist. I am being forced to use heat by my wife and the losses aren't as bad as feared but still substantial.

2018.42.2 Drive on Nav was great in the morning snow filled commute. AP was solid. Lane lines were visible. Took exit ramp and put me in correct turn lane and took left turn on its own and continued for 3 miles until next light when I needed to turn right. Left turn from ramp onto service road was painted and it took it painfully slowly but otherwise competently.

Haven't gotten snow wheels on yet but all seasons handled wet snow, wipers were way more aggressive than with rain or mist. I am being forced to use heat by my wife and the losses aren't as bad as feared but still substantial.

Since we live in the same area/climate, what kind of losses have you seen so far?

My average consumption briefly jumped to over 500Wh/mi the other day which was concerning, but after sitting overnight it was better yesterday and better still today (despite the snow). I was sitting at like 365Wh/mi, where I normally run 300-320.

I have less than 2000 miles on my MX and a week or so after V9 update, I have the heat issue that others have already mentioned, but today I also have a new issue pop up that I am not sure is V9 related or not - when I apply the brakes, 6 out of 10 times, I hear a loud "whistle" kind of sound. I don't want to say squeaky because it doesn't exactly sound like it, but this is certainly not normal. Does anyone know what this might be?

I have the same recurring issue in my 2016 MS. A Tesla mechanic said it't a buildup of break dust because my brakes aren't used often. To fix it, I occasionally have to hit the breaks hard a few times.