Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am glad hear some of us AP2.0/MCU1 owners are seeing Sentry mode. Has any body seen DashCam on an AP2.0/MCU1 vehicle yet? I am hoping to get Sentry mode and DashCam when I get the FSD computer upgrade. Sooner would be nice.
Doesn't look like it. I did get sentry mode with my AP 2.0 car but don't have the dashcam feature (and saving sentry mode clips to usb also doesn't seem to work).

I am still a rookie on some of the technical stuff but I have a question about the software update that was downloaded to my Model 3 last night. I think it was 2019.8.5 based on what it says on my phone. One of the features is some additional capabiity in the summon command when using a key fob. I never received a key fob at delivery but as we know the deliveries tend to be a little hectic and things can be forgotten or not available at that time. My question is "Are Model 3's supposed to come with a key fob?" Thanks for any information you can provide.

BWilli
M3 LR AWD (Multicoat Red, Prem Black,19” Sp. Wheels, FSD, EAP)
Reserved 4/8/16. Ordered 6/30/2018. Delivered 9/26/18

I am still a rookie on some of the technical stuff but I have a question about the software update that was downloaded to my Model 3 last night. I think it was 2019.8.5 based on what it says on my phone. One of the features is some additional capabiity in the summon command when using a key fob. I never received a key fob at delivery but as we know the deliveries tend to be a little hectic and things can be forgotten or not available at that time. My question is "Are Model 3's supposed to come with a key fob?" Thanks for any information you can provide.

BWilli

It's extra. I think 350 per keyfob. Ask in model 3 forum.

BWilli
Key fob is optional for a 3

Currently sold out, but it pops back in every so often.

Model 3 Key Fob

I purchased one. Thought wife would hate the phone key, but she loves it.

I remember reading that the MCU in HW2.0 operates at 80% capacity. I also noticed on the last update 8.5 on startup it's not as quick to respond. It definitely feels as if the computer is close to capacity and is in need of HW3.0 soon.

This post is a nonsensical conflation of the MCU and Autopilot computers, which are not the same thing and have almost no relation.

Has It been confirmed that only the MCU2 cars gets the new chromium based browser?

Is there any technical/hardware issues that is preventing it to be launched for MCU1 cars? In other words is it possible? If Tesla chooses to do it is a totally different issue....

Is there any technical/hardware issues that is preventing it to be launched for MCU1 cars? In other words is it possible? If Tesla chooses to do it is a totally different issue....

The theory is that Chromium isn't available/maintained for the 32-bit ARM processor in MCU1. So yes it is possible, but Tesla would have to update Chromium for the CPU, which might be more effort than they want to put into a "dead" platform.

I have a 2.5 car, no idea if i’m MCU1 or MCU2 (how do it tell?). Enabled Sentry Mode in a parking lot, when I came back to the car a couple hours later the screen above the steering wheel said “10 Sentry Events”. How do I see what the events were? Also, do you have to enable Sentry every time you stop, or is there some way to have it on every time?