TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software Update 2019.20.x

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Penfold, Jun 5, 2019.

1. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Well, the problem right ‘now’ is that virtually all of the 20.1 done over the last couple of days (except for some 3’s in California) are in Europe. This large recent rollout is still Europe.

2. tllt

tllt Member

I got 20.1 a few days ago on my X in the US. I had the software update setting to Advanced

• Like x 1
  3. animorph

animorph Active Member

It seems entirely possible that for the Advanced software setting TeslaFi is nowhere near representative of the larger fleet. People who log the data from their car seem way more likely to use the Advanced setting.

I'm in the ranks of TeslaFi user/Advanced setting/still have 2019.16.2 for both of our Teslas.

• Like x 1
  4. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

The release numbering is really simple, just without the meaning you mention.
    It follows the <4 digit year>.<2 digit week number>.release.sub-release
    So 2019.20 is from week 20 in 2019, simple as that with no dev/test/prod significance.
    It also doesn't signify anything if the release has four parts, 2019.20.0.1 has been identified as a having enhanced summon, but that numbering format doesn't signify as such.

In the past year my car has had both odd and even numbers as well as two, three and four part release numbers
    For example amongst the 22 updates there have been
    etc etc

5. boaterva

It doesn’t? 20.0.1 is early access, based on many reports. What we don’t know if they are also giving this to some people who have Advanced on. It also is out of order as 20.1 doesn’t include what’s in 20.0.

I agree the old odd/even rule seems to have evaporated.

6. boaterva

So far looks like 99% plus of them getting 20.1 are in California and Europe.

• Like x 1
  7. drewg123

drewg123 Member

Bad luck for us FSD purchasers here in Virginia, then!

8. JRoque

JRoque Member

Hang in there, it's finally rolling out again to the rest of US & Canada.

Edit: and no sooner I had posted this than the "T" notification showed up. I'm updating now with a "25 min" package.

9. P100D_Me

P100D_Me Member

This is Tesla, every problem is flagged as a known software issue.
    Like my TPMS that goes offline for days at a time, guess what, 'known software issue' that will be fixed soon.....been 8 months so far with many updates and there's no fix yet.
    Tesla's 'known software issue' statement is on par with a politicians 'we will reduce tax' promise.

• Like x 2
  10. DCEV

DCEV Member

I just got this update in Maryland!

I hope they finally fixed the media player resuming USB music playback when I get back in the car.

11. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

I hope it fixes the “stuttering” “skipping” using slacker that has plagued our EAP 2.5 Model X. It has been really bad for a while now......

12. croman

croman Active Member

Definitely going to everyone now.

• Like x 1
  13. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr Supporting Member

Just got it in Seattle also (FSD, 2.5 and no official Early Access, but Advanced is ON)

14. Doctt

Doctt Member

I got the 20.1 last week. I am in US

15. RFernatt

RFernatt Sun powered!

Just received 20.1 in WV. Need to go for a spin now!

16. boaterva

#96 boaterva, Jun 12, 2019 at 4:38 PM
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 5:02 PM
    Yep, a very few near the west coast. I saw a couple in Utah and Wyoming. (Edit to add, as well as all the ones in California, of course.)

Now it appears we’re starting the more general domestic rollout, as I got it myself tonight.

Only thing of note is that the dashcam is fixed from 16.2. Frozen icon is gone and put the USB in and immediately came up with the red dot. Will test with actual recorded content for dashcam and Sentry tomorrow.

Looks like 500 or so on TeslaFi today, 99% in the US and Canada. Now it’s our turn! :D

One interesting note: on the Settings Software page, it shows I’m on 2019.20.1, of course, but I have the downloading software update message and a green line about 80% of the way across. Does that mean I have yet another release coming in progress? Or is this an artifact from the just installed release? Don’t remember seeing this before when 16.2 was installed....

17. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

oh for heavens sake PLEASE i hope it fixes that. Been dealing with that for too long. Just updated to 20.1 an hour ago.

18. FMinMI

FMinMI Member

Got 20.1 today on my 2016.5 MS 75D w/FSD here in the midwest.

And I have not seen any data that shows the TeslaFi fleet statistically correlates to the global fleet...

• Like x 1
  19. Alset4S

Alset4S Member

Ditto. Same car same configuration and location.

• Like x 1
  20. AdamHLG

AdamHLG Member

I have this exact issue and same question as you. Came here to post it and saw this! Here is my pic (model x). Just upgraded to 20.1 also.

Attached Files: