Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roughly adding up reports from TeslaFi, 42% of the fleet is on a higher software level than 2019.16.2, the level in my car. There have been over 900 vehicles upgraded to 2019.20 just today. Yeah, that "advanced" option does nothing.

JR
Well, the problem right ‘now’ is that virtually all of the 20.1 done over the last couple of days (except for some 3’s in California) are in Europe. This large recent rollout is still Europe.

It seems entirely possible that for the Advanced software setting TeslaFi is nowhere near representative of the larger fleet. People who log the data from their car seem way more likely to use the Advanced setting.

I'm in the ranks of TeslaFi user/Advanced setting/still have 2019.16.2 for both of our Teslas.

Reactions: tranzndance
In general, Tesla version numbers are following Linux Kernel scheme (plus the year at the beginning): year.major.minor.

Major: Odd numbers are development versions, even numbers are release versions. Wide releases occurs every 4 weeks usually.
Minor: Bug fixes to the major version.

There are exceptions (as in the Linux Kernel too) where an odd number is released massively (2018.21 and 2018.39 comes to my mind now).

But usually you shouldn't expect an odd version to be released to everybody.
The release numbering is really simple, just without the meaning you mention.
It follows the <4 digit year>.<2 digit week number>.release.sub-release
So 2019.20 is from week 20 in 2019, simple as that with no dev/test/prod significance.
It also doesn't signify anything if the release has four parts, 2019.20.0.1 has been identified as a having enhanced summon, but that numbering format doesn't signify as such.

In the past year my car has had both odd and even numbers as well as two, three and four part release numbers
For example amongst the 22 updates there have been
etc etc

The release numbering is really simple, just without the meaning you mention.
It follows the <4 digit year>.<2 digit week number>.release.sub-release
So 2019.20 is from week 20 in 2019, simple as that with no dev/test/prod significance.
It also doesn't signify anything if the release has four parts, 2019.20.0.1 has been identified as a having enhanced summon, but that numbering format doesn't signify as such.

In the past year my car has had both odd and even numbers as well as two, three and four part release numbers
For example amongst the 22 updates there have been
etc etc
It doesn’t? 20.0.1 is early access, based on many reports. What we don’t know if they are also giving this to some people who have Advanced on. It also is out of order as 20.1 doesn’t include what’s in 20.0.

I agree the old odd/even rule seems to have evaporated.

It seems entirely possible that for the Advanced software setting TeslaFi is nowhere near representative of the larger fleet. People who log the data from their car seem way more likely to use the Advanced setting.

I'm in the ranks of TeslaFi user/Advanced setting/still have 2019.16.2 for both of our Teslas.
So far looks like 99% plus of them getting 20.1 are in California and Europe.

Reactions: JRoque
I hope sooner than that, as I'm having "power reduced, front motor disabled" every now and then and the service center told me they reviewed the logs and it is a known software issue that will be fixed in 2019.20.
This is Tesla, every problem is flagged as a known software issue.
Like my TPMS that goes offline for days at a time, guess what, 'known software issue' that will be fixed soon.....been 8 months so far with many updates and there's no fix yet.
Tesla's 'known software issue' statement is on par with a politicians 'we will reduce tax' promise.

Reactions: BCNY and Jan Fiala
I got the 20.1 last week. I am in US
Yep, a very few near the west coast. I saw a couple in Utah and Wyoming. (Edit to add, as well as all the ones in California, of course.)

Now it appears we’re starting the more general domestic rollout, as I got it myself tonight.

Only thing of note is that the dashcam is fixed from 16.2. Frozen icon is gone and put the USB in and immediately came up with the red dot. Will test with actual recorded content for dashcam and Sentry tomorrow.

Looks like 500 or so on TeslaFi today, 99% in the US and Canada. Now it’s our turn! :D

One interesting note: on the Settings Software page, it shows I’m on 2019.20.1, of course, but I have the downloading software update message and a green line about 80% of the way across. Does that mean I have yet another release coming in progress? Or is this an artifact from the just installed release? Don’t remember seeing this before when 16.2 was installed....

Last edited:
Everyone in Australia in our tesla owners group who had advance enabled got
I hope it fixes the “stuttering” “skipping” using slacker that has plagued our EAP 2.5 Model X. It has been really bad for a while now......
oh for heavens sake PLEASE i hope it fixes that. Been dealing with that for too long. Just updated to 20.1 an hour ago.

Got 20.1 today on my 2016.5 MS 75D w/FSD here in the midwest.

And I have not seen any data that shows the TeslaFi fleet statistically correlates to the global fleet...

Reactions: rjshar
One interesting note: on the Settings Software page, it shows I’m on 2019.20.1, of course, but I have the downloading software update message and a green line about 80% of the way across. Does that mean I have yet another release coming in progress? Or is this an artifact from the just installed release? Don’t remember seeing this before when 16.2 was installed....

I have this exact issue and same question as you. Came here to post it and saw this! Here is my pic (model x). Just upgraded to 20.1 also.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190612_201008-01.jpeg
    MVIMG_20190612_201008-01.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 116