Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just speculation but could it be that they’ve integrated the max battery mode into Ludicrous+?

So if you look at my picture, you'll see ludicrous plus mode selected but nothing underneath it showing that the battery is heating. When selected, launch mode does not work. Look at this user's screen and you'll see that theirs does show the battery heating when in ludicrous plus
15537035811121602399416.jpg

Everyone (“”) seems to getting 2019.8.4 now, looking at TeslaFi, even overwriting 2019.8.3, if that wasn’t clear. Rolling out for all models and all locations.

Starting from a few last night, up to almost 300 already today. This may be the real global release finally. (And I didn’t see an email from TeslaFi, opened a ticket with James about that.)

(Don’t know if I said it in this thread, hard to check on mobile, but we had a copy of 2019.8.3 evaporate and there are several other reports of it being pulled for ‘some configs’. Not sure what that means as ours was a vanilla 3 LR.)

Everyone (“”) seems to getting 2019.8.4 now, looking at TeslaFi, even overwriting 2019.8.3, if that wasn’t clear. Rolling out for all models and all locations.

Starting from a few last night, up to almost 300 already today. This may be the real global release finally. (And I didn’t see an email from TeslaFi, opened a ticket with James about that.)

(Don’t know if I said it in this thread, hard to check on mobile, but we had a copy of 2019.8.3 evaporate and there are several other reports of it being pulled for ‘some configs’. Not sure what that means as ours was a vanilla 3 LR.)

Interestingly out of 200+ cars in the fleet it seems like it's all AP2.5.

EDIT noooope spoke too soon.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: boaterva
I talked with service about this. He suggested logging out of WiFi and then log back in as signal might be stuck in a loop. At service centre they pushed latest software to my car.
Wouldn’t this technically change everyday when a car commutes to work and disconnects from WiFi? If it reconnects daily and restarts the VPN to the mothership correctly nightly, then sorry this sounds like more made-up advice from the service center people that don’t understand networking.

What percentage of cars do not move from their garage once a week or so, meaning the WiFi and VPN aren’t torn down and reset?

Reactions: Donz_S