Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sunday morning check in from another former-lurker (actually posted once or twice now...yay!)...

Ordered: 7/13, No VIN, SR+ White/Black/18"/No FSD
EDD: Holding steady (jinx) at 9/6 - 9/26 for 11 straight days (a few large jumps and a couple of 9/5's in there too)

Watching the trends here and am hoping for a VIN sighting this week based on the overall trend I'm seeing here as of late for us July folks.

Best of luck to all this week!

Picked up my sweet girl today at Tyson’s sales center. She’s *almost* perfect. Had a small scratch on the rear passenger side panel and a couple of the handles are recessed. But I was super happy with my experience. Met my SA, checked the car over, put in floor mats/screen protector, dropped off signed paperwork and off we went.
Just a word of caution: my husband drove it and now he’s joining the model Y wait club because he’s ordering a Tesla as well. So watch those spouses. They’ll fall head over heels in love with it 😂. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!View attachment 699605View attachment 699606View attachment 699609View attachment 699610
God, that’s a beautiful car. Congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: curlette461
Bay Area VIN Received!

Have had the EDD mainly stuck in the 09/08-09/28 window for almost two weeks. It then jumped to 09/02-09/22 for a day and then yesterday jumped forward again to 08/22-08/29. This morning, I received the VIN notification via email and am now in the process of locking down my loan and insurance. Hopefully SA will ring me later today to arrange delivery timeframe.

After accepting Vision notice, EDD moved to 08/22-08/25.
Looks like I am set for a home delivery on the 26th. Car is currently still at Fremont so that should give them some time to inspect and clean it before delivery. Getting excited!

My delivery date is this Wednesday and am having second thoughts about the black color :confused:

Anyone interested in a black SR+ M3 with 19" wheels and willing to trade reservations? I am looking for a white SR+ preferably with white interior. I am not in a rush and can wait on delivery.

I am not even sure if you can trade/swap reservations but I will call on Monday to ask. I am located in NC so you may have to add shipping costs if you take over this order. Alternatively, if anyone wants to make me a cash offer please DM me.

1629648613619.png

1629648709122.png

Less capacity per volume (ok for sr). Worse at low temp. Better longevity. 100pct charge is more acceptable. Arguably safer. Generally considered cheaper. I'm not sure how I feel about it... the mic lfp have bigger capacity... but I think also they lowered the price for lfp versions.
This is my fear and why ordered before the price went down (LFP is cheaper) mostly made out of the China and they shipped a bunch to Germany and so many complaints. LFP is terrible for cold weather. Also you can charge upto 100% for daily use unlike 50-80% with the nmc batteries

My delivery date is this Wednesday and am having second thoughts about the black color :confused:

Anyone interested in a black SR+ M3 with 19" wheels and willing to trade reservations? I am looking for a white SR+ preferably with white interior. I am not in a rush and can wait on delivery.

I am not even sure if you can trade/swap reservations but I will call on Monday to ask. I am located in NC so you may have to add shipping costs if you take over this order. Alternatively, if anyone wants to make me a cash offer please DM me.

View attachment 699979

View attachment 699980
Unclear if you can swap reservations.

However, I believe you can modify your reservation without losing your deposit. It would most likely result in a delay till next year. This would achieve the same goal without financial consequences however it would most likely postpone delivery.

Good luck !

This is my fear and why ordered before the price went down (LFP is cheaper) mostly made out of the China and they shipped a bunch to Germany and so many complaints. LFP is terrible for cold weather. Also you can charge upto 100% for daily use unlike 50-80% with the nmc batteries
Can you send some links to the complaints? When I heard this rumor I did some research online but didn't see much negative. Charge rate seemed okay, weight is higher (negative), phantom drain seems a bit higher but not really significant, and theoretically the cold weather performance is worse... but I didn't see any concrete evidence on the cold weather issue.

Why does the headline call it a deposit when in fact it’s labeled a fee and comes out of your pocket just like any fee (destination, doc, etc)?

A deposit would lower the balance owed against your OTD total price.
correct me if i’m wrong — and i think @Clinterific had the screenshots on this — but i believe they do credit you the amount further into your order form.

eta: i see it at the bottom of my order details! 😊

Attachments

• F03FF172-0DF3-4F7C-B421-C8B4E796C66A.jpeg
    F03FF172-0DF3-4F7C-B421-C8B4E796C66A.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 4987D5D9-EFBF-4AAB-A04F-B6537161421D.jpeg
    4987D5D9-EFBF-4AAB-A04F-B6537161421D.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 46

View attachment 699979

View attachment 699980
that's the same config I got but im in Mass, let me know if they'll let you swap

correct me if i’m wrong — and i think @Clinterific had the screenshots on this — but i believe they do credit you the amount further into your order form.

eta: i see it at the bottom of my order details! 😊
It’s on both the top and bottom so it didn’t lower the balance at all.

Let’s say for simplicity there’s no TTL or any other fees beyond the order fee.

Vehicle price $40,000
Order fee $250
Total due: $40,250

Credits:
Paid order fee $250

Balance due: $40,000

A deposit would make the balance due $39,750