Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's something maybe people will find useful. I took delivery of my SR+ in Oct. I received my payment email about 4-5 days before delivery day, so I sent my wire transfer 4 days before that date. Because my bank states that it takes 3 days for their transfer to go though.

When I got to the delivery center, they said they had no record of my transfer. Luckily, I had a printout of my transfer & the confirmation #. Gave that to them and a few minutes later, they said they found it and my delivery went fine after that. So bring backup paperwork, just in case.

Located in Ottawa Ontario

M3SR+ Ordered 11/17
EDD hasn’t changed since I picked it up, February 8th, 2021-March 8th, 2022, anyone in a similar boat? For those of you who are current Tesla owners, how’d you bear through the wait? I feel like I’m checking the app 4-6 times a day.

Reading these threads brings me back to earlier this year. I ordered mine in April 2021 and received it in June. It was the longest 60 days ever!! I checked the site 2-3x per day and was on this forum all the time. Bought accessories, watched YouTube videos, got some feedback from Tesla owners.

If your delivery date is not until Feb/March I'd save yourself some time and not bother checking obsessively until the second half of January. Nothing is going to happen in the meantime. You never know though, so maybe check 1-2x per week just for fun haha. Congrats on the purchase you will love it. I already have 12,000KM on my car.

Reactions: amit_gunner
Got my VIN today. Estimated Delivery: December 11 - December 17
I don't think i can push anymore since this is my second time to get the VIN.
Do you guys think i will loss money if i sell it 6 months later consider my order is $5k cheaper compare to now? Wonder how deep the impact of the $8k credit if passed

Do you guys think i will loss money if i sell it 6 months later consider my order is $5k cheaper compare to now? Wonder how deep the impact of the $8k credit if passed
I’m hoping not! I’m thinking about taking delivery of my red SR I ordered in July for $5k less than they are now, drive it for a month or two while ordering an identical LR replacement, and sell it for a profit and apply it as a down payment on the LR. Here in AR, we get a 60-day window before or after a sell to apply the value toward the replacement car as a sales tax credit. I sold my Mustang Mach E earlier this month for $54k, so if I can get my SR M3 before Jan 1, I won’t pay any sales tax on it. And, if the truly benevolent odds gods smile down on me, I will both avoid much if any sales tax on the LR by selling the SR for a tidy profit *and* be able to take advantage of a renewed federal tax credit for Tesla. Probably not lucky enough for all of that to happen, but one can hope!

Reading these threads brings me back to earlier this year. I ordered mine in April 2021 and received it in June. It was the longest 60 days ever!! I checked the site 2-3x per day and was on this forum all the time. Bought accessories, watched YouTube videos, got some feedback from Tesla owners.

If your delivery date is not until Feb/March I'd save yourself some time and not bother checking obsessively until the second half of January. Nothing is going to happen in the meantime. You never know though, so maybe check 1-2x per week just for fun haha. Congrats on the purchase you will love it. I already have 12,000KM on my car.
I agree that looking at the EDD more than once per day can be quite obsessive... but now with Canadian orders, we don't have any communications because of the shortages and I'm sure you had your fair bit of that. It's just frustrating to see the same EDD over and over again with no VIN and I am personally at day 92 and it's not fun. How long did yours take to get a VIN?

I agree that looking at the EDD more than once per day can be quite obsessive... but now with Canadian orders, we don't have any communications because of the shortages and I'm sure you had your fair bit of that. It's just frustrating to see the same EDD over and over again with no VIN and I am personally at day 92 and it's not fun. How long did yours take to get a VIN?
Keep in mind he got an LR whereas most of us are waiting on SR+/RWD, which are way down in the priority queue :(

I see you're in NJ. Did you get the $5k discount from the NJ clean energy rebate? If so, the terms of that state you need to keep the car for 36 months. Not sure how/if it's enforced though. Just FYI

I see you're in NJ. Did you get the $5k discount from the NJ clean energy rebate? If so, the terms of that state you need to keep the car for 36 months. Not sure how/if it's enforced though. Just FYI
yes, i have to return it after i sold the car.
even without the $5k NJ money, My SR+ still worth more than I paid (pre $5k increase + crazy used car price)

EDD just updated this morning.
Was 12/11-12/31
Now 12/14-12/26
Could this narrowing portend a VIN soon? Perhaps.
OD 7/5, Red, Aero, no FSD. Delivering to Kansas City.
Same with me it was 12/11-12/31
Now it’s showing 12/14-12/26

Ordered white,standard wheels,no fsd . OD-11/24 Ordered it after price hike for msrp 44990 usd assuming i will get delivery next year and get tax credit .. but suprisingly edd is just weeks

Same with me it was 12/11-12/31
Now it’s showing 12/14-12/26

Ordered white,standard wheels,no fsd . OD-11/24 Ordered it after price hike for msrp 44990 usd assuming i will get delivery next year and get tax credit .. but suprisingly edd is just weeks
Whew, with that OD, if you end up getting it within that EDD you're going to have some folks very jealous!! ;)

Assuming you're picking up in KC, I wonder if we'll be on the same truck?

Count me as one of those jealous ones then! I haven't had a VIN assigned to my car but I do have the same delivery window and location as you, so *surely* if you got your VIN, I'll get mine. Surely....
Have you completed everything in the account? Before I went on hold, my SA was hounding me to finish the trade-in portion. I had received a quote but not accepted it. He said it would severely delay getting a VIN if everything is not completely filled out.

Count me as one of those jealous ones then! I haven't had a VIN assigned to my car but I do have the same delivery window and location as you, so *surely* if you got your VIN, I'll get mine. Surely....
This is crazy just literally a week .I was expecting sometime next october.I think it’s because of standard color or probably someone cancelled their order in this area got assigned to me App still doesn’t show vin it’s still loading
Good luck with vin or take mine 😜