Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barstow (EXPANDED, 5 stalls added, now 16 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude: have you been through there? There's nothing between Barstow and Nevada. Where would you put the Supercharger: Zzyzx? Next to the truck stop in Baker would be only other choice, and that's pretty thin.
If the infrastructure allows, there are plenty of places in Baker. It could be in the parking lot of any of the fast food chains. The businesses there would love the additional customers.

I have it on good authority that Barstow enlargement/bulletproofing is being super-expedited. Orders from the top!
I had to wait in line 25 minutes in Barstow before starting a charge on my way back from CES today.

At least I was entertained by watching the start of installation of 4 new stalls:

IMG_2335.JPG

It is great to see Tesla expanding oversubscribed supercharging locations like Barstow.

Supercharging other towns on the LA to Vegas route would also help. Why not put one near The Mad Greek in Baker? Plenty of people would stop there instead of Barstow. Put another in Victorville, and it would be easy to skip Barstow.

GSP

It is great to see Tesla expanding oversubscribed supercharging locations like Barstow.

Supercharging other towns on the LA to Vegas route would also help. Why not put one near The Mad Greek in Baker? Plenty of people would stop there instead of Barstow. Put another in Victorville, and it would be easy to skip Barstow.

GSP

Site hosts need to be willing to put up the space for the expansion... Additionally, I would presume that the marginal cost to add four stalls at an existing location is probably less than the cost to add a new site.

That being said, your suggestion is better than what is being done, but I appreciate the expansion and addition of four stalls... albeit a temporary set. As I had posted earlier, I was #4 in a line of 4 on Wednesday night at 6pm... waited 26 minutes before I plugged in.