Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Exeter, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good opportunity to dole out those new $2200 fines!
Doesn't mean the council's grey ghosts will ever venture down there.
Meh, the cops would just prefer hiding along the highway around Goulburn and waiting to chase down a speeder.

The fines likely are handed out by council parking officers from Wingecarribee Council (Moss Vale). MDo we really think they will drive out from Moss Vale to Sally's Corner on a Friday night in winter? 🤣 No

Also it's a private property area.

It's a great area to put EV chargers though because less people park up the back at Heatherbrae. Everyone else parks closer to the highway at Maccas anyway.

The other reason is a great EV charging area because it will attract more EVs and increase EV charging space at Goulburn which is a much better place to stop. Sally's Corner Maccas is a zoo on school holiday and Winter friday and Sunday nights. The food and ambience is so much better at the Goulburn Workers Club which is just a 5 min walk from the Goulburn Supercharger.

If anything there will be more policing of the Goulburn than Sally's Corner Supercharger

Last edited:
Reactions: moa999
Agree with Jugiong's Sir George when I travel to Wagga. Will still stop in Goulburn though.

Avoid Dog in tuckerbox . Oliver's just no good for food but it's got a supercharger. Yass service centre is another place to avoid.

Someone checked yesterday. Still not operational.

1685966271843.png

I visited today just before 4:00PM and it’s already in use with two other Teslas charging when I arrived. It’s a V3 which means all the handles are CCS2 shape. It took some force to push on my adapter for my Model S and it didn’t work until I had plugged in and pushed the handle home.
It was only a test, and when I disconnected a few minutes later it took a while to remove the adapter from the supercharger handle. This is the opposite experience I have had with other CCS2 chargers where everything seemed a bit loose.

Attachments

• IMG_1566.jpeg
    IMG_1566.jpeg
    599.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1567.jpeg
    IMG_1567.jpeg
    693.8 KB · Views: 47
I didn't feel like the long hike from Canberra Stadium's overflow car park, so I'm here early. Turns out I didn't miss much.

I just spent a few minutes chasing down another Tesla driver on foot who went into to every car park but this one! The GPS is perfect southbound. Northbound, yeah, no, it wants me to pull a U-turn on the highway a few hundred metres north of here. I'd rather use the overpass!
20230609_200428.jpg

Reactions: spades
I didn't feel like the long hike from Canberra Stadium's overflow car park, so I'm here early. Turns out I didn't miss much.

I just spent a few minutes chasing down another Tesla driver on foot who went into to every car park but this one! The GPS is perfect southbound. Northbound, yeah, no, it wants me to pull a U-turn on the highway a few hundred metres north of here. I'd rather use the overpass!
Pies any good?

Northbound, yeah, no, it wants me to pull a U-turn on the highway a few hundred metres north of here.
I noticed that last time I called in to Heatherbrae Pies (northbound) a month or so ago. I would be very scared indeed to do a U-turn as recommended by the car’s nav system. I knew where I was going so like you took the Shell servo exit and across the overpass but I reckon most people will follow what the GPS says, which is dangerous and terrifying (U-turn on a 110km/h freeway is not to be taken lightly and I am surprised the nav system doesn’t add a huge “cost” to a move like that so that it doesn’t get used in the route).

@spades consensus from my family is the Jillaroo pie is their favourite. I overall prefer the pies from my regular pie shop at Avalon (Sydney Northern Beaches) but as a highway stop or to pick up a family pie at night on the way home Heatherbrae Pies is fine. Have to give them points also for the Fitzroy Falls poster above the urinal in the men’s toilet :)