Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

Chuq

Jan 1, 2015
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
So this was in TOCA's April member email update yesterday. it's been 24 hours so this is probably going to be common knowledge now :)

Tesla is also at work constructing new Supercharging sites to enable convenient fast charging at additional routes across Australia. Keep an eye out for new locations coming soon in Devonport, TAS; Toombul, QLD; Geelong, VIC; Yea, VIC; Perth, WA; Moe, VIC; Williams, WA and Colac, VIC.

As it happens, Yea and Colac have been spotted in the last few weeks. Geelong was spotted today and it isn't in the location that I was speculating - it's actually in Corio! Williams was announced by TOCWA last year, but I think the including in this newsletter double-confirms that. So all of those have now been added to supercharge.info. Funnily enough, Blaxland wasn't mentioned.

Of course I'm most excited about the Devonport one! Brilliant news :)

supercharge.info change history for Australia looking pretty busy :)

1617803519831.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mike_j

moa999

Mar 4, 2020
Sydney, AUS
Wonder if Toombul (seems to be only one large shopping centre) is the a actual location for Brisbane which had the market in Indooroopilly.

And Moe is presumably Traralagon which was the other Q2 site.

Last edited:

bay74

Mar 27, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I used the ChargeFox in Horsham too. Good spot also, short walk from the park (though further to Woolies). I used a 50kW unit rather than “350”kW since we were having lunch, had time. Couple of Konas were there when we returned.

moa999

Mar 4, 2020
Sydney, AUS
Funnily enough, Blaxland wasn't mentioned.
Nor any of the other 2021 Q4 sites or Frankston (Baxter) which was Q3.

I'm hopeful therefore that this TOCA update (which I understand would be Tesla approved) is just looking at near-term sites, so probably Q2 and Q3

And that there's still a long list of other sites including Blaxland for Q4 and into 2022.

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
The Chargefox/RACV charger a few streets away has 4 stalls. And it’s cheaper. And faster.
Tell that to an American on one of the other EV/Tesla sites and their brain explodes! The concept that a third-party EV charging network could be faster and cheaper than a Supercharger (and without needing an adaptor), or more extensive (which they now are here) simply does not compute.

Some over there still argue that other car manufacturers cannot prove they are serious about EVs until they build their own charging network. Meanwhile, over here, we just love the fact that Model 3 can just plug into any of the DCFC networks - it’s fantastic!! ‘Merikan Tesla owners don’t get what they’re missing out on.

moa999

Mar 4, 2020
Sydney, AUS
They need to have 4 stalls at Horsham. Ridiculous that it only has 2
Horsham is a sled (temporary site) and checking PlugShare no-ones ever complained about waiting.

That said the vacant site next door had a 5yo DA on it for a new retail outlet and 6 superchargers, but seemingly hasn't progressed (guess waiting on a suitable tenant for the retail outlet)

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
That said the vacant site next door had a 5yo DA on it for a new retail outlet and 6 superchargers, but seemingly hasn't progressed (guess waiting on a suitable tenant for the retail outlet)
In my part of the world DAs expire after 5 years unless there has been ‘substantial’ commencement on the approved works.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC