Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Energy has the worst Customer Service. Regret getting Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla customer service is non-existent. Terrible experience from the start. I should of listen to my gut and NOT used them. I ordered the panels July 2020. They installed the equipment in December 2020. They installed the Powerwalls on the floor when I asked them to wall mount it. They didn't fix it. They just ignored my calls and emails. Finally had it online in March 2021. Now my inverter died 5 days ago. They sent a Tech to come and troubleshoot, and guess what? The inverter is dead and needs to be replaced. The kicker is that it will take 5-7 business days to get the equipment in and then they need to schedule another tech to install. So I will be out of Solar Generation for 3 weeks at a minimum while this is the season for the highest solar bills of the year here in AZ. We are already in the triple digits. I will be wasting around $300 this month on energy costs that I shouldn't be paying. And Tesla will not take ownership that it is their fault for installing defective equipment. Tesla is the WORST!! I'm more than PISSED. This is the worst experience with any company ever. After spending close to $40,000 and they treat you like an annoyance.

Tesla customer service is non-existent. Terrible experience from the start. I should of listen to my gut and NOT used them. I ordered the panels July 2020. They installed the equipment in December 2020. They installed the Powerwalls on the floor when I asked them to wall mount it. They didn't fix it. They just ignored my calls and emails. Finally had it online in March 2021. Now my inverter died 5 days ago. They sent a Tech to come and troubleshoot, and guess what? The inverter is dead and needs to be replaced. The kicker is that it will take 5-7 business days to get the equipment in and then they need to schedule another tech to install. So I will be out of Solar Generation for 3 weeks at a minimum while this is the season for the highest solar bills of the year here in AZ. We are already in the triple digits. I will be wasting around $300 this month on energy costs that I shouldn't be paying. And Tesla will not take ownership that it is their fault for installing defective equipment. Tesla is the WORST!! I'm more than PISSED. This is the worst experience with any company ever. After spending close to $40,000 and they treat you like an annoyance.
But they were the cheapest. Nothing new

After spending close to $40,000 and they treat you like an annoyance.
I have a lot more than that invested in two Teslas and if I was treated like that I would never buy another Tesla. The service on my vehicles has been great. The difference is that I have several service centers to drive to. I have also had ranger service and over the air fixes. It is a shame they can't create a consistent customer experience. However my two Teslas were defintely not the cheapest options.

Reactions: h2ofun
Your experience is not limited to Tesla energy. The company simply has no customer service. It’s basically a “take the money and run” operation.

I cancelled my solar installation and 2 vehicle reservations due to their customer service practices.

But they were the cheapest. Nothing new
Tesla is the cheapest largely because they do no marketing. Others have posted how big a cost marketing is for other national solar installers. Tesla's customer service is bad because they have chosen not to invest in it. It certainly would increase the costs of installs, but, given their lack of marketing costs, they very much could both be the cheapest and still have customer service at least comparable to their competitors.

And I do think if something proves to be their downfall, it will be the terrible customer service. Right now, they have some products/software that are clearly best-in-class, and they can get away with having deficiencies in other areas. But the gap is closing, and even if they remain ahead of their competition, it may not be by enough to offset the customer support issues. It is certainly a reason I am very glad to see more EV options coming to market as I start looking to buy one.

Reactions: vickh and fiatlux
And Tesla will not take ownership that it is their fault for installing defective equipment. Tesla is the WORST!! I'm more than PISSED. This is the worst experience with any company ever. After spending close to $40,000 and they treat you like an annoyance.
That's some rant, but I have to laugh at this comment- "take ownership for installing defective equipment". If it has been running for 6 months it was not defective, Tesla does not have a premonition department to see what will break next year. NOW it is defective and is being replaced. That's life, crap breaks. Luckily you are getting it fixed under warranty...

That's some rant, but I have to laugh at this comment- "take ownership for installing defective equipment". If it has been running for 6 months it was not defective, Tesla does not have a premonition department to see what will break next year. NOW it is defective and is being replaced. That's life, crap breaks. Luckily you are getting it fixed under warranty...
While I agree with you to a point, I think there is a discussion to be had over what is reasonable in response to broken equipment. How long should Tesla take to diagnose a problem? Should they have replacement parts for common equipment on hand? How quickly should they respond once they receive the parts?

Unfortunately, our contracts do not provide any service-level guarantees, and 3 weeks (if it is actually installed in that time frame) is not bad for Tesla - there have been other stories of months-long waits for fixes. However, even 3 weeks is a long time for a system that is directly producing energy (and, therefore, money) and, with PWs, protection in the event of an outage. I guess what is reasonable and how Tesla is performing would mostly need to be defined by comparison to its competitors.

It was only running for 7 weeks before it stopped working. Yes take ownership - Meaning yes it was our fault - let us fix it ASAP and not take 3 weeks to do so. Ownership also means doing what it takes to make it right - like reimburse me for the energy production loss. So you can laugh all you want. Obviously you are bitter about something and never been in customer service.

While I agree with you to a point, I think there is a discussion to be had over what is reasonable in response to broken equipment. How long should Tesla take to diagnose a problem? Should they have replacement parts for common equipment on hand? How quickly should they respond once they receive the parts?

Unfortunately, our contracts do not provide any service-level guarantees, and 3 weeks (if it is actually installed in that time frame) is not bad for Tesla - there have been other stories of months-long waits for fixes. However, even 3 weeks is a long time for a system that is directly producing energy (and, therefore, money) and, with PWs, protection in the event of an outage. I guess what is reasonable and how Tesla is performing would mostly need to be defined by comparison to its competitors.
I agree 100%

Your experience is not limited to Tesla energy. The company simply has no customer service. It’s basically a “take the money and run” operation.

I cancelled my solar installation and 2 vehicle reservations due to their customer service practices.
You are the lucky one. I was also going to purchase a car from them. Canceled it after going through this CS nightmare. Will be getting an Audi Etron GT instead. :)

Reactions: InternetDude
(moderator note: You both bumped an old thread on tesla customer service with a post in it, and created this separate thread. Would you prefer I merge this thread into the one you bumped, or would you prefer I delete the post you made in the other thread and leave this one here? I will be doing one of those two things today, so let me know if you have a preference).

Reactions: bmah
Things break! My Solar Edge Inverter died before year. Took me a while to get replaced and yep, I lost all my solar. My Mitsubishi mint split system I spent LOTS of money on has not worked working since I bought it, Been a year now. The engineers at factory cannot figure it out. The poor installer is losing his shorts having his guys coming out trying to figure out what it wrong. In all cases, I have remained calm. Everyone is doing the best they can in this crazy world at the moment. Good luck, I figure if I get a stroke it will not be over something that was not perfect. Had to do, but working real hard at it.

Things break! My Solar Edge Inverter died before year. Took me a while to get replaced and yep, I lost all my solar. My Mitsubishi mint split system I spent LOTS of money on has not worked working since I bought it, Been a year now. The engineers at factory cannot figure it out. The poor installer is losing his shorts having his guys coming out trying to figure out what it wrong. In all cases, I have remained calm. Everyone is doing the best they can in this crazy world at the moment. Good luck, I figure if I get a stroke it will not be over something that was not perfect. Had to do, but working real hard at it.

I wonder what you'll do if you have to plug in all your space heaters again this Winter...

🔥💵💨

Ah cool, you have a Mitsubishi mini split. We had one at our old house, didn't use it much and then we sold the house. We have a Fujitsu we recently installed in our living room. As it heats up (NorCal), hoping it works out well for us and saves energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.