Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C40001C0-5F78-4380-BE2E-B9DB4D78E9DB.jpeg
I have these Victoria rego plates for sale. I bought them 3 years ago but have now changed my mind. PM me if you’re interested.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
The email I got said it was the same delay for all Dual Motor, Long range variants, implying it’s the battery pack or the front motor that is demand. I don’t believe they dyno test the LR AWD motors.

Electrek advises: Earlier this month, Tesla was listing the delivery time of all the variants of the Model 3 at just 2-3 weeks in the US.
Yesterday, the automaker changed that to 6-10 weeks for the Standard Range Plus and Long Range AWD and 8-10 weeks for the Performance version.

But I agree that we are only speculating on the reasons for delays in particular models.

Does anybody know how it works with regard to the production line switching from LHD to RHD?
Do they make the switch for a couple of days, a week? Any visibility on when this happens?
I’ve heard via one of the Tesla podcasts that they make all the overseas cars in the first half of the quarter, then switch to making US cars. Apparently they only started this last quarter. It gives them time to ship the cars to overseas markets, and get as many cars as possible delivered in the same quarter as they are made.

• Helpful
Reactions: jason66
The aero caps are pretty lame looking. I've taken them off and added lug nut caps - much nicer underneath

maxresdefault.jpg
I'm the opposite. I did have plans on removing the aero caps and painting my wheels black. I had booked the painting but once we collected our 3 myself and my partner like the aero caps and not so much the wheels as they look so small and odd once the aero caps are removed. If you do remove the aero caps you'll loose up to 10% battery distance.

I'm the opposite. I did have plans on removing the aero caps and painting my wheels black. I had booked the painting but once we collected our 3 myself and my partner like the aero caps and not so much the wheels as they look so small and odd once the aero caps are removed. If you do remove the aero caps you'll loose up to 10% battery distance.
It's been tested to be no where near 10% loss if it's a like for like comparison of Aero Caps vs. naked 18 inch wheels - it's closer to 3%-5% depending on driving conditions. 10% difference is in comparison to the 19 inch sports rims that used to be an option.

If they are smart they would have a single front headlight with a simple way of inverting the beam pattern for left and right hand drive so they don't have to stock two different parts, they are LED after all so it could be as simple as inverting which emitters run brighter than others.
Isnt it the Lens that creates the pattern. Otherwise you would have to have left and right headlamp bulbs.

Isnt it the Lens that creates the pattern. Otherwise you would have to have left and right headlamp bulbs.
There are no bulbs, just LEDs and reflectors, the beam pattern is very flat and the difference between high and low beams is which emitters are turned on. Apparently the Model S & X in europe can use gps location to adapt the headlight pattern / aim to the side of the road you are driving on, so I assume the model 3 would be able to do the same.

• Informative
Reactions: TaylorP