Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But I agree that we are only speculating on the reasons for delays in particular models.
The Australian configurator shows the fiction that an order now will result in a “late November” delivery. Good luck with that.

I’m on the verge of pulling the trigger. I have a real dilemma between waiting for a white interior that might never come, or concluding that exiting the fossil fuel economy is so important it takes priority over personal aesthetic preferences.

The Australian configurator shows the fiction that an order now will result in a “late November” delivery. Good luck with that.

I’m on the verge of pulling the trigger. I have a real dilemma between waiting for a white interior that might never come, or concluding that exiting the fossil fuel economy is so important it takes priority over personal aesthetic preferences.
Possibly no help but I was in the same boat as you.

I had my heart set on a white interior and always told the family that was what I would be getting - White on Blue. Rather than keep waiting I eventually pulled the trigger for Black on Blue with the view that I could cancel and re-order if White became available.

I let the order go through to completion with the black and now that I have the car I am very happy and can't imagine myself with White! Fickle hey? :rolleyes: It really helps that the interior pillars and roof lining are slightly off white so the cabin does not feel dark at all.

I purchased the Auto Lift Gate (electric boot opener with the foot sensor) from Teslaoffer a month or so ago, but never installed it. The Mrs doesn't want me to install it now, so I want to know if anyone wants to purchase it off me. It is obviously brand new and never used. I'm in Sydney.
PM me if you're interested.

There are no bulbs, just LEDs and reflectors, the beam pattern is very flat and the difference between high and low beams is which emitters are turned on. Apparently the Model S & X in europe can use gps location to adapt the headlight pattern / aim to the side of the road you are driving on, so I assume the model 3 would be able to do the same.
Oh!!, good point which I hadnt thought of. I was thinking of the headlights on traditional vehicles.

Do not just reply on the word heavy duty extension cable. Even if its 15 amp cable check the copper size. As mentioned earlier it should be 2.5mm. Most extension cables are not designed to be run at a full rate for long periods. So just because its a 15 amp cable itmay not be suitable.

Does anyone have any links or recommendations for suitable extension cables? I can't seem to find the details mentioned in the thread in Bunnings etc.
I may be over thinking this, but if I'm carrying these for just in case they may as well be as safe as possible.

Btw does anyone know... In the Outback when its i.e. 40 degrees is it more efficient to set the climate control to auto and i.e. 19 degrees (it really has to be that low with the fanspeed usually being around 3 in auto mode) or is it better to set to i.e. 24 degrees and set the fanspeed manually to 8? I find it a lot more pleasant when it blows into your face even if its a tad warmer.

edit: Was at Possums place today so he could testdrive the model 3. 2 Teslas in the outback hehe.

:
6b89b2dc-497e-4382-b173-847fe696bccd.jpg

is it more efficient to set the climate control to auto

As I underrstand it, if it is the same as a domestic split system, auto means that it heats or cools as required. So if you set it to 19 on auto, if it eventually cools it down to 18, it will then start heating until it goes back up to 20, at which point it will start cooling etc etc. If you have it on cooling and 19, it will just cool it until it is 18 then switch off, and turn back on when it goes above 20. Auto in the winter does the same thing, if it gets above the set temp, it starts cooling. I would never use auto for anything.