Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the aussie configurator shows that you can get a Model 3 for less than $3000. Someone screwed up the site big time.
2km3.PNG

• Funny
Reactions: Jenny99999
Just a heads up to other 2020 Tesla Model 3s in Australia. On the front right where the USA cars get a PWS (Pedestrian Warning System) we also have the space for the unit, but there is no PWS installed. Strangely there is just a loose wire which would normally go to it (I zip tied that to another cable to stop it creating vibration noise).

Wondering why this doesn’t happen already. Does that happen anywhere else yet?

Most vehicles that read speed signs use Mobileye's tech/IP to do that, and early Teslas do too. Since Tesla parted ways with Mobileye they don't.

Apparently identifying speed limit signs is AP1-only, because it relied on Mobil... | Hacker News

I'm guessing the newer hardware vehicles are capable of reading speed signs, and are probably doing it right now but not as an available feature to the end user. Hopefully they get the licensing/patent issues out of the way and enable it as an OTA update very soon, because the current speed limit map data is pretty inaccurate.

No. There must be an offer, acceptance and consideration paid.
It would be unlikely that Tesla would accept $3k for a car.

If one had paid a deposit on the next step and it went through Tesla would have advertised a price, customer paid a deposit (acceptance) therefore done deal it would have to be honoured.

You may be right in that when one goes to the step of paying a deposit that it wouldn’t work, however if it “did” then the deal would legally have to be honoured.

I’m sure all the lawyers will shoot me down but I understood that placing an order online is classed as an “invitation to treat”. This is similar to picking something off the shelf in a shop, where the display of the item on the shelf is not an offer by the shop owner but called an “Invitation to Treat”. The offer is not made by the shop owner but the customer when they ask to purchases it at the checkout, the shop accepts the offer and the contract is completed. This is why you can choose to put it back if you change your mind before going to the checkout.
Similarly the website is an invitation to treat and you make an offer to buy to Tesla. The contract is not complete until you sign the iPad when you take delivery.
Of course there are lots of Consumer law complications that sometimes override basic Contract Law, but I don’t think they are powerful enough to get you a 90%+ discount if there is an error on the website.