Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, The CRN is the number that the RMS in NSW has allocated to your Company. I have had to keep this on record as you need it every now and again. My CRN is an 8 digit number.
The things I am trying to work out is business related. They want some official documentation to prove the company is legit, but I have no idea what they are referring to the "Business Authority to Register" document is. Maybe it is just the actual registration of the ABR document they want.
I believe that a "Business Authority to Register" is literally a letter signed by someone with authority (like a director) to allow you to act on behalf of the company. The person signing the letter could be you if you are a director. I have had to do this from time to time with other companies, like Telstra.

No, The CRN is the number that the RMS in NSW has allocated to your Company. I have had to keep this on record as you need it every now and again. My CRN is an 8 digit number.
The things I am trying to work out is business related. They want some official documentation to prove the company is legit, but I have no idea what they are referring to the "Business Authority to Register" document is. Maybe it is just the actual registration of the ABR document they want.
For those playing at home, and in NSW, you want to fill in this form and take it to a Service NSW office with either your Company Certificate of Registration, or an except which you can download from your ASIC login.

https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/about/forms/45071266-rms-customer-number-application.pdf

It's frustrating that different people tell different stories when you call them. I guess we will find out when the time comes. When I called a few weeks back, I was told that either A) could collect in Sydney or B) they could deliver. I would need to sort out the registration.

Tesla is pretty hopeless with planning this stuff sometimes so we just have to wait and see. Luckily we are probably still at least a couple weeks out from deliveries (maybe?) so they should be able to sort through it.
I cant agree that tesla are hopeless at arranging remote deliveries. My first S was the second S delivered to Adelaide. They managed it exceptionally well, and the quality of service was the same for subsequent deliveries, other than the trashed wheel that autonexus failed to declare, but tesla replaced a few days later in my office and a wheel alignment just to be sure, so all good.

Reactions: Zfactor
I believe that a "Business Authority to Register" is literally a letter signed by someone with authority (like a director) to allow you to act on behalf of the company. The person signing the letter could be you if you are a director. I have had to do this from time to time with other companies, like Telstra.
Thanks Prof Alex. I rung Tesla this arvo and they confirmed I just needed to write a document with company letter head saying I give Tesla permission to register under the company name and supply the RMS id associated with the company and sign it as a director.
All done. Now waiting like everyone else...

48237d43-c44f-48bd-9d6a-16837cbd8566-jpeg.441239

Thanks for the tip @Vedaprime. Was able to email Tesla last night to add my wife's details to the registration info.

And, this evening, I now have a VIN for my P3D- : 5YJ3F7EB2KF4890XX

I have an SR+ ordered and didn't get an option box for custom plates so have emailed Tesla Australia delivery team for clarification as we have custom plates. Would just be easier than having to go back to Vic Roads and change number plates.

Got a text also from Tesla regarding delivery milestones around 2pm today and needing to update/add delivery details but we have input residential address, pick up is at Cremorne and we are using a personal self-arranged loan so nothing else was needing changed or added. I'm guessing this was sent to everyone in a generic manner?

Hoping delivery milestone is close by. Bali trip is very close (2nd -12 Sept) and we certainly don't want to miss out on first lot of deliveries

Also, to all Melbourne people..because I am a neanderthal..

We will primarily be charging at CERES or Melbourne Museum as they are closest to us. Maybe at Tesla supercharger @ Cremorne

1. Do I need to buy the J1772 adaptor plug for charging at CERES & Melbourne Museum? Plugshare indicates J1772 plugs at both site.
We don't have a garage or off street parking so cannot utilise the HPWC included.

Obviously, will be able to use exisiting charging at Tesla Cremorne with included plug as is (happy to pay for additional charges for usage)

Got my delivery email tonight (no dates or anything) just confirming that they will be delivering to me in ACT and I will be self-registering the car.

I asked for the fastest method and this is apparently faster than collecting from Sydney as it is depot to house.

What’s the question? Afaik cars will need few days for logistics company to process (get out of containers), check for damages, flush latest software update, charge and start delivering to Tesla. I expect deliveries to start end of month. My own experience is that you get an email - 2 weeks out with few days where they have delivery slots available.

Thanks for the response 2 questions.
1. How certain is the Aug 16th arrival date from your source?
2. Is the Autonexus location you posted a guess or certain - we have had one person go there for a recon, and we wouldn’t wait to waste people’s time on a whim. Stakeout is hard work.