Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm. Getting low on fuel. Maybe I should half fill the tank...

Tried this, still no invoice :(

Had a mild brain-fart wondering how this was going to work with the Model 3. I usually leave my phone in the car (fire hazard?) and lock the doors while I'm filling up. Was wondering how that would work with the Model 3 with the phone key. 5 minutes later realized the error in my thinking...

Tried this, still no invoice :(

Had a mild brain-fart wondering how this was going to work with the Model 3. I usually leave my phone in the car (fire hazard?) and lock the doors while I'm filling up. Was wondering how that would work with the Model 3 with the phone key. 5 minutes later realized the error in my thinking...

Funny as I was reading your post I was thinking oh yeah, that’s not going to be ideal... ohhhh. The obsession continues.

Ok. Analysis complete of the vins.View attachment 445567

This is great work, thanks.

My brain is computing all of this, and the approach that seems most likely is that when Tesla opened the orders, they set end September for delivery across all vehicles. They then assigned vins to faraway customers first, to account for transport time, to ensure they get everyone done by end of month. That's why the Cap had so many 'interstate' customers on it, and it's why Sydney has had so very little (apart from a few lucky ones that were day1 reservers).

It will be interesting to see what Kota and Brotonne hold for Sydney and Brisbane customers because I am betting those boats are part of 'batch 1' deliveries and will hold the early order Sydney customers. They were put on the second and third boats because they can go straight to Sydney and skip the rest of the transport issues.

Also, unless there are still unassigned vins from Cap, I think an August delivery is gone.

This is great work, thanks.

My brain is computing all of this, and the approach that seems most likely is that when Tesla opened the orders, they set end September for delivery across all vehicles. They then assigned vins to faraway customers first, to account for transport time, to ensure they get everyone done by end of month. That's why the Cap had so many 'interstate' customers on it, and it's why Sydney has had so very little (apart from a few lucky ones that were day1 reservers).

It will be interesting to see what Kota and Brotonne hold for Sydney and Brisbane customers because I am betting those boats are part of 'batch 1' deliveries and will hold the early order Sydney customers. They were put on the second and third boats because they can go straight to Sydney and skip the rest of the transport issues.

Also, unless there are still unassigned vins from Cap, I think an August delivery is gone.
Exactly. Solid post.

Canberra Carways trucks

Slava Koslovskii

FB Facebook Link

03B1DB44-99CA-4A2A-B807-2AD966DFE17B.jpeg

Last edited:
There doesn’t seem to be much love for those of us in Tassie yet... I’m guessing we might all be done in one hit, as I suspect there aren’t a huge amount of orders for down here.

If it helps - posted on a private FB group:

Pic of car carrier: "So turns out there were eighty cars on the first boat (mix of specs), 23 are headed for Melbourne, including the seven on this truck. Some for Tassie, some for Brissie, rest to be delivered out of Sydney."

No idea of the source of this info, but I trust the person posting it.

I'm aware of another Tassie customer who has been given a date of the end of Sept!

Pic of car carrier: "So turns out there were eighty cars on the first boat (mix of specs), 23 are headed for Melbourne, including the seven on this truck. Some for Tassie, some for Brissie, rest to be delivered out of Sydney."

I'm aware of another Tassie customer who has been given a date of the end of Sept!
HMMM... So the previous info/ source of 500 cars on Cap Capricorn for AU and NZ not trustworthy?

I saw this post as conversation with someone at the car carrier company.

I would believe 80 this car carrier knows of, or have made their way through AutoNexus. Other carriers will do others. I still go with sources we had here in this forum. They have been spot on so far. No reason to doubt their accuracy.

It’s good info otherwise, seeing cars moving around the country.

Last edited:

Well that’s exciting! Although if they’re already bound for Tassie and I haven’t got a call yet, I guess I’ll cross my fingers for the Kota or the Brotonne...

Other than the buyers who have confirmed delivery appointments end of august in adelaide. Clearly these cars are in Australia.

Other than the buyers who have confirmed delivery appointments end of august in adelaide. Clearly these cars are in Australia.

That's 100% correct and it was me and another friend having that discussion (she was the person who posted to the Facebook group for Aus-M3OC) with the local person, so I figured i may as well join and post some of the photos that i took, as well as provide a bit more confirmation / info.

For context, I'm a P- reservation holder just outside of Canberra who reserved in Jan 2017, with private finance / lease, but no contact yet or VIN. I've also been lucky to hire / drive a M3 for 24 hours previously, so super looking to the car coming.

The info that was provided came directly from someone who was fully aware of the shipping process + very specific details both for this and following shipments, and the info also correlated with other info provided here. The person was a bit surprised that people knew that the cars were there as well as the fact that people were interested. I mentioned that we'd also seen two trucks on the way to Melbourne yesterday near Wagga Wagga, and they were bit surprised as to the levels that people were looking to this. They also let us know that these cars ones are destined for Melbourne / are not for Canberra.

Given the above / the direct provision of info, I'd consider it 90%+ likely correct, and given the photos, its looking good for a set of people next week, with hopefully the rest of us in the coming weeks.

Anyhoo, find below some photos from the cars +

Attachments

• IMG_20190824_113331.jpg
    IMG_20190824_113331.jpg
    498.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20190824_113333.jpg
    IMG_20190824_113333.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20190824_113347.jpg
    IMG_20190824_113347.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20190824_113418.jpg
    IMG_20190824_113418.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20190824_114354.jpg
    IMG_20190824_114354.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20190824_114445.jpg
    IMG_20190824_114445.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 73
Also proves poor transport company because there's no protection for customers cars at the front. Bug splattered, stone chipped. They should have protectors for cars up front of the semi. Syd - melb bad enough, let alone the 4000kms across the Nullabor to Perth.

Agreed - they really need to take more care of new cars - especially as we have reports of soft paint on Model 3s

For context, I'm a P- reservation holder just outside of Canberra who reserved in Jan 2017, with private finance / lease, but no contact yet or VIN.

I'm also getting mine in Canberra (P3D+) and got a call advising within the next 2 weeks I'd hear back / invoice delivery date. Hopefully they will get in touch with you as well. I think they are trying to bundle the canberra ones together.

If I was a betting man I'd say everyone (who doesnt have a date confirmed) should plan on the back half of September. Especially with Tesla emailing me yesterday saying the majority to be delivered second half of september.

Good shots. Particularly this one. Stellar 1st post.

1. Proves Cap Capricorn
2. Autonexus
3. Number 443485
4. We know there is good information stuck on these cars and where to look when we find them.

View attachment 445736

If I had a 4434xx vin, I would be super excited. There are a few 4434xx in the responses spreadsheet

The sleuthing here is amazing, the last digits of my VIN are only a few below that one @Vedaprime. If the cars on that transport are in close VIN sequence is could be possible that the White P+ may be a match.

Tempering excitement.

Also proves not enough care by transport company because there's no protection for customers cars at the front. Bug splattered, stone chipped. They should have protectors for cars up front of the semi. Syd - melb bad enough, let alone the 4000kms across the Nullabor to Perth.
Also, looks like those cars have the aero covers on the wheels unlike the previous photos we have seen.