Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the delivery process like after the initial phone call? Is the next contact with Tesla literally the day you go to pick up your car?

I got the initial phone call last week and they gave me a delivery appointment on the 20th. I’m pretty sure the lady said she’d confirm the delivery closer to the day? Can’t remember because I was so excited.

I’ve sent back the registration papers, do they send an email back confirming that they’ve received it and it’s Ok?

I’ve been trying to get in contact with Tesla since Thursday (1 week after the phone call), everything goes to voicemail, emails don’t get answered. I just want my invoice and give them money. I will be extremely disappointed if I miss out on my delivery because they forget to generate an invoice.

Reactions: CAM3RON
Taking oil out of the equation will only lessen the west's interest in the need for supply. The ME has been in conflict since the warring 12 tribes of Israel and is unlikely ending any time soon. The danger for the West is the destruction of Israel which would (If it ever were to happen) precede a world war of unprecedented proportions that would probably end life as we know it (If anything or anyone is left to know).

What you describe is one possible future for the Middle East.

I still hope that if neither the West nor Russia [or China] have a vital energy security or economic interest to protect in the Middle East a great many sources of conflict would be removed from that region.

As for the minerals needed for the Model 3 and future expansion of the global EV fleet, I believe great advances will be made to reduce the quantum of those critical minerals in car batteries. With the advent of autonomous cars, there is a chance that the global car fleet might actually shrink (although we need to allow for increased travel by the emerging middle classes of developing nations).

The important thing is that with an ever increasing proportion of EV charging being done by renewable energy sources, unlike for oil, there should not be an everlasting insatiable demand for more and more of those minerals.

Also, while batteries currently lose some of their efficiency over time, as VW said at the launch event of their i3: ".... we see the batteries in our electric vehicles as an "asset of the future" rather than a "liability of the future"...". So whatever goes into EVs can hopefully be recycled in future.

My preferred scenario is for all external parties to the Middle East to constructively work towards peace in that region, rather than making strategic decisions driven more or less by national energy security.

I got the initial phone call last week and they gave me a delivery appointment on the 20th. I’m pretty sure the lady said she’d confirm the delivery closer to the day? Can’t remember because I was so excited.

Trust me, Tesla is like that kid you never had, that only comes around for money. If there is money to be hoovered up they will contact you for it. I wouldn't worry too much.

unlike for oil, there should not be an everlasting insatiable demand for more and more of those minerals.

There will be far less substantial, tangible product to become addicted to. This is what the big oil cartel is most worried about - losing their relevance to addicts on a nation scale - and they will fight hard to retain it, right up to and including engineering international conflict.

SeaWitch
It took me almost 3 years to get my new garage ready for the Model 3. In the end I ran out of money on that project... so I did all the painting and floor decoration by myself (proof in pictures below). Needless to say that I am severely artistically challenged, so this was quite an effort on my part. It is my Tesla-Mahal. Just like the Taj-Mahal, it is a shrine to my love for Tesla and more importantly its mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable transportation.

Looking awesome that Tesla Mahal..

Reactions: TaylorP
RACWA quote I just generated

upload_2019-9-8_20-15-31.png

SeaWitch

Almost exactly the same observations to yours above were made by others when I went at the crack of dawn to welcome and take photos of the Cap Capricorn.

I get a buzz just from queueing for days for a car I had not even seen, but that I think will change the future of transportation. Even if I cannot see the cars inside the ship containers, knowing that most likely my car is in one of those containers on a ship entering Botany Bay gives me a massive thrill...

It took me almost 3 years to get my new garage ready for the Model 3. In the end I ran out of money on that project... so I did all the painting and floor decoration by myself (proof in pictures below). Needless to say that I am severely artistically challenged, so this was quite an effort on my part. It is my Tesla-Mahal. Just like the Taj-Mahal, it is a shrine to my love for Tesla and more importantly its mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable transportation.

View attachment 451959 View attachment 451962

While I can only speak for myself, I am almost certain there are others here on the thread who are absolutely crazy about Tesla and the Model 3 and some of us take our crazy to the next level .... I myself cannot even see the ground any more...

So besides the framed "thank you" card from Elon, I would like to put a picture frame on the garage wall with photos of the ship that brought my Model 3 to Australia.

Do I need to actually see my Model 3 coming off the ship?!? Hell no! If Vedaprime tells me the 4882XX VINs are on the ANL Warrnambool, then I will do my best to get to Botany Bay on Thursday to take pictures!

Well done to you 1st in Line ! That Tesla-Mahal is magnificent and your baby is going to love being in there! And whilst I am yet to commit to getting a Tesla (the customer service appalls me, and I really want white interior but not the performance model) I am very keen for what the car and its abilities can do and it super excites, me so I do understand your enthusiasm and I say get out there and let your Tesla freak flag fly and get those pics. Would love for you to post a picture of when you have the Model 3 in the Tesla-Mahal!!! :p:Do_O

Reactions: maveric74
As other poster have said, no offence to you but WTF people have been waiting over 3.5 years for this vehicle. If its not in the right spot for someone on the waiting list then ship it to them!

Yeah and I'm sorry for others that have been waiting far longer - I contemplated not posting at all for the angst it causes. Tesla do seem to be struggling with these initial orders and I hope they improve communication.

Congrats. Do you have a VIN yet?

Thanks - no VIN yet.

Well done to you 1st in Line ! That Tesla-Mahal is magnificent and your baby is going to love being in there! And whilst I am yet to commit to getting a Tesla (the customer service appalls me, and I really want white interior but not the performance model) I am very keen for what the car and its abilities can do and it super excites, me so I do understand your enthusiasm and I say get out there and let your Tesla freak flag fly and get those pics. Would love for you to post a picture of when you have the Model 3 in the Tesla-Mahal!!! :p:Do_O

Not sure if the baby will actually fit into the Tesla-Mahal, but that is a story for another time...

Tesla customer service? Not a problem! However appalling you think the service is right now, I am almost certain, that as each week passes, it is going to improve! Hold on... the only way is UP from here!

I will envy you for your white interior, which I think looks stunning and which was my first choice, but got vetoed by the boss...

Don't worry, I will let my Tesla freak flag fly high and proud and there will be a deluge of pics posted here when my Model 3 finally arrives.

• Love
Reactions: maveric74