Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, was expecting delivery today in Adelaide at 11am.

So, just out of shower at 7.40am and call from 'Steve' - "Mate, I'm on my way to deliver your new car, your Tesla, should be there by 8.20". I say 'Cool'. I think "Oh my God, oh my God" - start running around the house, unable to think straight.

So, at 8.16am, Steve turns up with flatbed truck and shiny new white P3-. Steve is gone by 8.23am, after I sign delivery paper. He said he was delivering 4 cars today, and I am the first in Adelaide, at least today if not actually (I will be happy to see lots and lots on the road) .

I can't see anything wrong with it, but that may be out of excitement. I haven't been able to turn my phone into a key yet, but google suggests Delivery people need to tick off delivery on their end first. I was sure I was going to dislike the aeros, but they are better in real life, as others have suggested - anyway, I've taken them off and put the hub covers etc I bought on - car does look sporty.

This car is just amazing. It feels quite different to the Model S, but I'm getting used to it quite quickly. I think the smaller size overall (it feels spacious inside) suits me better, but that's just a personal thing. Been to Motor Rego and now have my new custom plates on.

Anyway, here is Hi Five Ghost (previous car was Mordecai) :
VYq%Pj%kR4ikRnlRkbc9Ww.jpg
IMG_0735.jpg

My M3 SR+ (Black) is finally scheduled for Saturday 28/9 pickup in Alexandria in Sydney. I still have no VIN showing on my account manage page.

Anyone else going to be picking up that day?

I am not concerned with finance, insurance or any other issues as am using LeasePlan Novated lease which worked out cheaper for me than cash payment. Not sure what the Fuelcard will be used for though.

Better run off to arrange the electrician I guess. Wish we could pick up that wall mount early. I have 2 days with no wall connector... Or, I might have to go to the sports club to use the free charger...

No, i questioned why he reported someone for complaining about people complaining.
Nope, it was an insult specifically intended to demean people who suggest something might be a Tesla problem and not their own. I openly told him about it being reported and he just doubled down.

That's pure gas-lighting.

I posted an example of what would be an equivalent insult to a Tesla evangelist and also got flagged. Because a portion of this thread is people rightly feeling frustrated about Tesla's customer service (and there are whole threads dedicated this elsewhere on TMC) doesn't make them "cry babies" for criticising Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: sczsimos and TASKA9
So I've done a quick check of @dmaunder and @apchoo 's records in spreadsheet to see if there's any consistency with the Low Brake Fluid issue.

- Both Cap Capricorn
- Both early VINs (duh) but different ranges (4422xx and 4433xx)
- Car types different (SR+ and P3-)
- Build dates only a day apart
- Both Richmond delivery (probably inconsequential)

There's not a lot of commonality, but there's enough to draw some common sense suggestions.

I would say that if your car was built around 9 or 10 July, or to be safe an early Cap Capricorn VIN then just be extra careful on pickup to have them check the brake fluid level.

Mine is a later build but given I have a 2hr drive home on the expressway - I'll be having them check it.

So I've done a quick check of @dmaunder and @apchoo 's records in spreadsheet to see if there's any consistency with the Low Brake Fluid issue.

- Both Cap Capricorn
- Both early VINs (duh) but different ranges (4422xx and 4433xx)
- Car types different (SR+ and P3-)
- Build dates only a day apart
- Both Richmond delivery (probably inconsequential)

There's not a lot of commonality, but there's enough to draw some common sense suggestions.

I would say that if your car was built around 9 or 10 July, or to be safe an early Cap Capricorn VIN then just be extra careful on pickup to have them check the brake fluid level.

Mine is a later build but given I have a 2hr drive home on the expressway - I'll be having them check it.
I'm in that range, but delivery will be via truck in Tassie - hopefully I don't have any issues!

Anecdotally at least, the push for the first wave of Model 3s in WA does seem to have been the Performance+ with people reportedly getting delivery dates within a month of ordering them (mid-August order delivered mid-September). So due to logistics issues whatever there does seem to be a different order / delivery pattern depending on where you are in the country.

Awesome Awesome Awesome, so happy you had no issues. Enjoy the baby and hopefully we can all catch up soon :)

OK, was expecting delivery today in Adelaide at 11am.

So, just out of shower at 7.40am and call from 'Steve' - "Mate, I'm on my way to deliver your new car, your Tesla, should be there by 8.20". I say 'Cool'. I think "Oh my God, oh my God" - start running around the house, unable to think straight.

So, at 8.16am, Steve turns up with flatbed truck and shiny new white P3-. Steve is gone by 8.23am, after I sign delivery paper. He said he was delivering 4 cars today, and I am the first in Adelaide, at least today if not actually (I will be happy to see lots and lots on the road) .

I can't see anything wrong with it, but that may be out of excitement. I haven't been able to turn my phone into a key yet, but google suggests Delivery people need to tick off delivery on their end first. I was sure I was going to dislike the aeros, but they are better in real life, as others have suggested - anyway, I've taken them off and put the hub covers etc I bought on - car does look sporty.

This car is just amazing. It feels quite different to the Model S, but I'm getting used to it quite quickly. I think the smaller size overall (it feels spacious inside) suits me better, but that's just a personal thing. Been to Motor Rego and now have my new custom plates on.

Anyway, here is Hi Five Ghost (previous car was Mordecai) :
View attachment 456494 View attachment 456502

Definitely feeling the model 3 invasion now. Went to pick up daughter from girl guides. Another family was already has their model 3. I go to work, and I see a doctor has a model 3. I have to wait another week or so. But that’s ok. Planning to pick up the car and drive to a conference I’m due to attend on nuclear power generation.

I haven’t mentioned the exact delivery date to the kids yet.