Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Random in the VIN sheet yours is a 5036 from the ANL Tongala which arrives on 29th September according to VedaPrime. Did the VIN change as there is now way they could have planned to deliver that in 24hrs from arrival?
5036xx is across at least 2 production ranges. It is impossible for the spreadsheet to work out which. It’s impossible for me too, so it could be on ANL W, Merkur, or Tongala. Invoice is the only way to tell for sure.

I made an Aug 2018 Reservation. July 17th 2019 order. Model 3 SR+ White.

I had my first contact from Tesla on 18/09/19 at 4:38pm. I had a phone message from number (02) 8424 9519 left by Jasmina saying that at this stage I can ‘expect a delivery on the 27th or 30th of September depending on organising a truck driver for delivery’. What does this mean exactly? Where will my car be delivered to? I live in Inverell in northwest NSW which is a 11 hour bus and train ride from Sydney.

I haven’t been able to get any response from Telsa to clarify. Also, I still don’t have my invoice. Agnes at Pepper has been great chasing this up for me. Then all of a sudden, this afternoon a VIN 5YJ3F7EA1KF4750XX popped up in my profile (missing from source code up till this point). It looks like it came in on the Brotonne Bridge Sydney Aug 30th.

Still no invoice though. Kind of concerning. At least with a vin, some insurance companies would actually give me quotes this evening. My account now also says ‘Delivery Appointment Sept. 27, 2019 at 02:00 PM ## YYYYYYY Lane Inverell, NSW 2360’. Does this mean that Tesla has arranged for delivery to my home in northwest NSW? This would be a relief as I have only driven in Sydney once, Melbourne once and Brisbane once. I wasn’t looking forward to navigating city traffic for my first drive in my Model 3.

Email [email protected]
Mark subject: Urgent invoice request - delivery in 3 days

Body name and rn number
And a plead for an invoice, (the delivery info, rego docs come with invoice too) and the circumstances.

Similar to me. This is how I got my invoice in the end

Reactions: maveric74
Actually plenty. I have on numerous occasions sat and waited over an hour for a charge. Queues are not that uncommon. It's also true that some SC's are less used- it just depends on timing, just like in Australia.

Your crass comment is typical from you Ray. Get a life!
Don't believe turkey - which SC required a wait of more than an hour?
Try honesty.

Let's lighten the mood, shall we?

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 20.12.06.png

Email [email protected]
Mark subject: Urgent invoice request - delivery in 3 days

Body name and rn number
And a plead for an invoice, (the delivery info, rego docs come with invoice too) and the circumstances.

Similar to me. This is how I got my invoice in the end

Thanks heaps Vedaprime for the advice. I really appreciate it. I will send off an email immediately.

I assume Tesla want to get paid. It leaves it tight for Pepper (finance approval from July) to do the contracts, get the registration docs done and make payment.

I also really need to make the invoice payment this quarter for my BAS (cash flow). The Model 3 is a business purchase (Artist / Photographer). I am looking forward to doing lots of km diving in my nuclear fission ( [sun] powered from my 31.08kw of solar panels) powered car.

My lonely Zappi 32A 7.4kw charger will be relieved. It has been installed on the wall waiting for a car to charge for over a year.

Hey Random206, I am really crossing my fingers here that my order will still get delivered on 30th Sept. Abigail is looking after my finance also and she is a gem. Tesla just gave me the first invoice yesterday afternoon and of course they messed it up and forgot to put the reservation and order down payments in. Abigail said she would talk to Tesla and get this sorted and try to get a new correct invoice in time.
Yer she's said that she is just fixing up all the invoices today and she's sick of it. I really feel sorry for her.

Good luck I hope they don't contact you and delay you too. Fingers crossed!

Hi Random in the VIN sheet yours is a 5036 from the ANL Tongala which arrives on 29th September according to VedaPrime. Did the VIN change as there is now way they could have planned to deliver that in 24hrs from arrival?
Hey GreyGhost,

The VIN was also possible going to be in on an earlier ship too but the spreadsheet that I created only shows the first one. There has been another 5036XX person who has also been contacted which means the cars are definitely here.

I don't think it's that the car isn't here. I'm 99.9% sure it's here, I feel it may be damage or something like that. Just hope it's fixed soon whatever it is!

Don't believe turkey - which SC required a wait of more than an hour?
Try honesty.

If you had have asked nicely I would have told you.

You must be having a bad day so I won't return any unwarranted, subjective, verbally abusive personal attacks, which some may engage in to make themselves feel better.

Regardless of getting a life, I wish you all the best!

I made an Aug 2018 Reservation. July 17th 2019 order. Model 3 SR+ White.

I had my first contact from Tesla on 18/09/19 at 4:38pm. I had a phone message from number (02) 8424 9519 left by Jasmina saying that at this stage I can ‘expect a delivery on the 27th or 30th of September depending on organising a truck driver for delivery’. What does this mean exactly? Where will my car be delivered to? I live in Inverell in northwest NSW which is a 11 hour bus and train ride from Sydney.

I haven’t been able to get any response from Telsa to clarify. Also, I still don’t have my invoice. Agnes at Pepper has been great chasing this up for me. Then all of a sudden, this afternoon a VIN 5YJ3F7EA1KF4750XX popped up in my profile (missing from source code up till this point). It looks like it came in on the Brotonne Bridge Sydney Aug 30th.

Still no invoice though. Kind of concerning. At least with a vin, some insurance companies would actually give me quotes this evening. My account now also says ‘Delivery Appointment Sept. 27, 2019 at 02:00 PM ## YYYYYYY Lane Inverell, NSW 2360’. Does this mean that Tesla has arranged for delivery to my home in northwest NSW? This would be a relief as I have only driven in Sydney once, Melbourne once and Brisbane once. I wasn’t looking forward to navigating city traffic for my first drive in my Model 3.

Frequently Asked Questions

"If you live more than 250 km from the closest Service Centre, your vehicle can be shipped directly to your home or office."

I would still confirm it with Tesla, but there is some chance they are shipping the car to you.

This forum was more fun when we were tracking ships across the pacific, trying to find hidden VIN codes in websites, discussing whether we could find $25k down the back of the couch to upgrade from SR+, etc
I’ve just read 5 pages of personal attacks about who superchargers are for and DAB vs DAB+
Time to chill out a bit I reckon and for those lucky enough to have received our cars to enjoy them, whilst sympathising with those who are still waiting.

I had similar issues. My invoice was wrong initially. My car was on Cap Capricorn and due for delivery on the 19th but was delayed 15 days with no real explanation. My VIN has not changed (at least not yet). Really no idea what is going on and it seems those on the other end of the phone / email probably have less idea than we do!
Yer it's a bit crappy hey