Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jaguar iPace - nope. Drives like an overpriced soggy rag.
Leaf ZE1 - nope. Drives like a boring Sunday driver in a church parking lot.
Hyundai Kona - nope. Getting close. Drives like a P plater on methamphetamine - responsive but jittery.

My 5 year old Model S P85DL - Still drives like :D:D:D:D. Every time.

Bwahahaha. Although I daresay the EV market is going to get rather more crowded, but I welcome the competition, and at the end of the day, one more ICE car off the roads is a victory.

Has anyone been using driver profiles associated with different keys (phones)? I've found it claimed here phone keys associated with driver profiles that, if there are two keys (e.g. driver and passenger) that the car will work out which is closest to the driver's side, but so far we seem to be getting it wrong 100% of the time. In the back of my mind, I do wonder if the car is maybe working out which phone is closer to the *left* door... ? Or maybe it's just me.

Jaguar iPace - nope. Drives like an overpriced soggy rag.
Leaf ZE1 - nope. Drives like a boring Sunday driver in a church parking lot.
Hyundai Kona - nope. Getting close. Drives like a P plater on methamphetamine - responsive but jittery.
My 5 year old Model S P85DL - Still drives like :D:D:D:D. Every time..
Great post.
And the P85DL is still the best Tesla ever made. Lighter than the bigger battery models that followed, had good suspension, and goes like a scalded cat!

Reactions: raynewman
So I just got V10 yesterday and the web browser now supports video! Unfortunately it's still confined to the small window so you can't really full screen anything. But, there's a trick, you can open the YouTube 'app' (which is just a full screen web browser) > tap on your profile picture > manage your Google Account > tap on the app grid > Google Search. Once you're on the Google Search page you can basically get to any page you want, naturally I tried Plex, and it worked =D.

Has anyone been using driver profiles associated with different keys (phones)? I've found it claimed here phone keys associated with driver profiles that, if there are two keys (e.g. driver and passenger) that the car will work out which is closest to the driver's side, but so far we seem to be getting it wrong 100% of the time. In the back of my mind, I do wonder if the car is maybe working out which phone is closer to the *left* door... ? Or maybe it's just me.

Yes when I had both my wife's phone and mine associated to our profiles, it seemed to go with hers every time, despite me doing all the driving. I hadnt thought ot the left door option, but it is a possibility, more testing needed on that. As she isnt ready to drive it yet, I have disconnected her phone from her profile for the time being. Keycards are both connected to profiles but I have only used mine once when my phone was accidently on airplane mode.

Reactions: MonicaPlease

We have the same problem, almost 100% wrong profile chosen by car. You could be onto something, maybe the logic is based on LHD entry. It could be a service setting to fix.