Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many Model 3 owners in Australia have version 10 firmware? How long after delivery did it take for you to get it? I am still on version 9.
Have you connected your Tesla to WiFi? Take your mobile phone, put it in hotspot mode and connect to its WiFi, Then your car will download the update. If you are short on Data, Just drive to a Tesla supercharger. Your car will automatically connect to WiFi...

Once connected, Go to the Software menu to confirm that the car is downloading the update.

How many Model 3 owners in Australia have version 10 firmware? How long after delivery did it take for you to get it? I am still on version 9.
I got V10 couple of weeks after purchase. It does appear to need a rather solid and continuous wifi connection to get the updates. So unless you have good wifi at the place the car is parked, you may need to turn your phone to hotspot and connect your car to that hotspot as @RhysL said, then make sure you choose Advanced at the software update preference and leave it connected overnight. After the first people reported getting it, it took a few nights before mine got it.

When you go to the software update menu does it say “checking for updates”, or “your software is up to date”? Mine got stuck on checking for updates for days, a reboot fixed it. Now it only says checking for updates for a couple of seconds, then says I’m up to date, or it starts downloading the update.

On the basis that the motor in the model 3 is physically capable of bringing the car to a complete stop without using the friction brake. Just because Tesla don’t currently do it doesn’t mean it physically can’t.
I’m wondering whether this proposed update will increase the amount of regen, either on the standard setting, or a new “high” regen setting will be added in the menu. Elon said the change will increase the range of the Model 3, I reckon increased regen overall must be part of the mix, since purely adding “bring to a stop” by regen (the last few km/h) and making no other changes would not add a lot of energy to the battery.

Tesla Model 3 regen is low compared to GM Bolt and the new Nissan Leaf. Measurements on the G-force deceleration when fully removing the foot from the accelerator at 100 km/h showed Tesla was the least of the three: -0.16g compared to -0.20g for the Leaf and up to -0.26g for the Bolt. So clearly this is an area Tesla can improve upon. In my book, you can never have too much regen. Use the accelerator pedal to moderate it as much as you like, no need for “paddles”.

The Automobile 2.0: Chevrolet Bolt EV vs Nissan Leaf vs Tesla Model 3 Long Range - Motor Trend

04E63019-366B-46B6-BD3E-1BDEE5D85111.jpeg

View attachment 462931 Soo... good news, bad news kinda day. P3D- delivered on Saturday in ACT (nice surprised after two missed delivery appointments previously.

6KM on the ODO (literally as soon as I sat in it) and this fault. Autonexus ‘prep sheet’ listed ‘Charging’ as something they did but I suspect not as it only arrived with 43% charge.

Called roadside assistance, a couple of reboots but no dice. It seems to be related to the sensing on the charge cable interlock actuator. Tried my mobile charger and Supercharger but the same effect.

The attitude of roadside was that I’m SOL and it’ll need be trucked back to Sydney if there is no local ranger. Is there a local ranger?
This sucks. I think there should be a policy of some free supercharging offered when you get that sort of failure - pre delivery check? Surely they would test charging?
One can only hope they see sense in opening up a Canberra office, given there seems to be ALOT of interest in Canberra for them.

Anyone know how to set cruise control at your own speed?
Eg you are driving on a 80km/h road . But The road has road works happening , So the road limit changed to 40km/h. If i set cruise control it will auto set it as 80km/h.

You can rotate the right scroll wheel to change the set speed. A 'long' spin will change it by 5km/h increments, short will go up and down by one. There are also + and - buttons next to the cruise control speed in the circle.

Once road works are cleared, double tap the speed indicator on the right hand side, and you'll accelerate back up to the speed limit.

Reactions: Priit
Anyone eles had issues with spotify?

Every day it plays 2/3 songs then I get the spinning wheel of death and have so soft reset the car. Have a premium account with spotify. Tried a hard reset with the brake pedal but exactly the same results after a few songs are played. I pretty much rely on the radio as spotify is useless to me.
I'm getting this about once every two days where I'm using Spotify. Pretty annoying.

So I did the spring mod as posted in the Facebook group - C-135 spring from Bunnings to replace the bonnet spring. Still keeps the bonnet down, and has enough force to allow the bonnet to release when opening the frunk.

I also grabbed one of those $6 mini suction dent pullers from Supercheap so that I can remove the aero cap kit without needing to keep two tiny screwdrivers handy - SCA Mini Suction Dent Puller - works perfectly, $6, and I don't have to wait 6 weeks for it to be shipped from China.

Reactions: PCC1
Pull the stalk down.

You can rotate the right scroll wheel to change the set speed. A 'long' spin will change it by 5km/h increments, short will go up and down by one. There are also + and - buttons next to the cruise control speed in the circle.

Once road works are cleared, double tap the speed indicator on the right hand side, and you'll accelerate back up to the speed limit.

i tried just pulling the stalk down. but it just goes straight to 80km/h .

only way i found was to pull down. then really quickly scroll wheel down. there must be a better way.

Reactions: qiSun
A little while ago, someone posted a Youtube link with links for iView, SBS etc to play full screen. Has anybody been able to get it into the list of web favorites? As soon as you type it, it jumps over to the youtube app and so you cant add it to Favorites in the web browser. Yes I know I could add it in Youtube, but I dont leave youtube logged in.

i tried just pulling the stalk down. but it just goes straight to 80km/h .

only way i found was to pull down. then really quickly scroll wheel down. there must be a better way.
I agree, I have the same problem, I don't want it to change speed when I enable Autopilot with no car in front.
Not releasing the accelerator while enable Autopilot gave me some success (I'm not sure and need to be tested and confirm)