Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes that's what I'll end up doing, but it was my original aim to keep my options open on which side of the garage I'd park the car (long story, kids etc etc).

That is a reasonable option too, but I want to connect to the controlled load circuit and they're not allowed to give you an outlet for that. Unless I find an electrician who's happy to bend the rules of course ... ahem. I guess I'll play around with options once I get the car and HPWC and see what works conveniently. The post above with the overhead run gave me an oddball idea ...
I could suggest loosing the KIA but then SHE would drive the Tesla, see how good it is and then you would loose the Tesla.

Reactions: Rastafaria
Hey there - our car just updated to version 10 (SR+, no FSD) and my wife says she can't login to her Spotify account on the car - did anyone else have this problem?
Multiple Spotify Log in threads on the Aus forum and many others. Sometimes it just goes away, 3 months in my case, other times you need to call Tesla to have something on the backend reset. Has been going on since 2015 but seems to affect individual cars or accounts only so a proper fix seems illusive. Good Luck.

Reactions: Dave3333
Actually according to Energex in Queensland connection to controlled load:
Electricity supply must be permanently connected to the items on the Approved List, except for electric vehicles or pool pumps which can be supplied through a dedicated socket-outlet.So the EV power can be supplied through a dedicated socket.

Oh, I knew about pools but had no idea it was the same for EVs. Thanks, that's super helpful!

Is it often like that? I was planning to use that charger on a trip to Melbourne, it would be really annoying to get held up waiting for one of those people to return to their car.

Its at the back of a Woollies store car park and parkng is a premium. I watched for a while. Some people pulled in then pulled out when the guilts kicked in. Some people simply don't care and parked did their shopping and left.
It looks like they are currently extending the car park so that might help when those works are completed.

BTW, I had a tail wind most if the day from Narooma (left with 86% SOC) , it was hot all day 34-36C and I think I would have arrived in lakes with only 5% (even though Tesla's initial nav estimate was arrival in Lakes Entrance with 18%) Its very hilly and windy road so I stopped in at the NRMA 50kw at Bega for 25 mins and topped up from 70 to 95%.
I arrived at Lakes entrance with 30% SOC
I'm glad I topped up at Bega else it would have been too close for comfort :)

However, it turned out that despite all my research and notes etc, the policy with APIA didnt include choice of repairer, (my fault, it is in the PDS) so they wouldnt send it there and booked it in to their repairer for this afternoon. APIA have just rung to say that their repairer cant fix it as it is a Tesla, and to ask if I had a preferred repairer. I gave them the same name I gave yesterday and they said that is fine, as they are on their list. Only issue is it cant be assessed until 11/11, but it is driveable and I am much happier with taking it to a Telsa approved repairer.
Haha... similar thing happened to us with our LEAF when someone absolutely smashed it in a carpark. AAMI took it to one of their repairers only to find Nissan wouldn’t supply them the replacement parts because they were not an “Approved” LEAF repairer. So they had to flat-bed it to a repairer that was. So we don’t pay the “choose your own repairer” premium, but still only get approved repairers on the job :)

She did then tell me I needed to make sure it had at least a 1/4 of a tank of petrol, I said that would be bit hard as it is an electric vehicle which made her laugh, as that was the reason she called me.
When we picked up the LEAF from the repairer, the guy there at the time had never seen an electric car before. He asked us to turn it on, and we said “it already is”. He put his hand on the bonnet and said “there’s no vibration”. We said “it only has an electric motor in it”. He said “where do you put the petrol”? We said “it’s an electric car - you can’t put petrol in it”. We drove away, silently, the look of absolute confusion on his face was priceless.

So my 1308 days of waiting are over. Took delivery of my SR+ yesterday!

Delivery from Richmond was all good, very quiet. Mine was the only car around and apparently only one other for the day.

Called in at Airport West for a quick top up at the chargefox charger.

I managed to fit 3 car seats in the back, 2 forward facing and 1 rear. Kids are all under 5 but the 2 older ones love it. They've been just as excited as me about getting the car. Glass roof is a winner.

My commute is about 90km round trip and I've never been so excited about driving to the office, might go the long way.

A shout out to the Bendigo Bank who got the finance settled within 48hrs of receiving an invoice. And 3.80% rate was nice too.

Hope all others waiting get their model 3 soon, it's awesome.

A big shout out to the Richmond Service Centre. While trying to identify the source of wind noise on the passenger side, I noticed that the black triangle trim of the left hand side mirror was misaligned with the pointy top vertex sticking out. I booked a service appointment last week to get it fixed and mentioned my reason for spotting it.

The wind noise prevailed after the trim was aligned, and I mentioned it in the post service online survey. Before I got round to making another service appointment, the SC texted me saying they read my feedback and asked if I would like to make a service appointment to fix the wind noise :)! I told them I'm getting my M3 ceramic coated and windows tinted next week, so the earliest appointment would be the following week. They booked me in for tomorrow (Fri) saying they want to test before the windows get tinted just in case the wind noise was caused by the glass.

Now that's what I call Great Customer Service :cool:!!!

I noticed some wind noise on the passenger side window after picking up the car yesterday. Keen to hear your outcome.

I noticed some wind noise on the passenger side window after picking up the car yesterday. Keen to hear your outcome.

I took the technician for a drive on Monash Fwy. At speeds >80kmh, he could hear the wind noise. After poking and prodding and removing bits of the A pillar trim and door seal (car had stopped at road side then), he concluded that the likely cause are gaps in the front windscreen sealant. He'll run more tests with an air blower back at the Service Centre---the likely remedy is my car will get a new front windscreen with proper sealing as they can't remove it without breaking the glass. I may need to make another appointment if they can't a windscreen in today.

I took the technician for a drive on Monash Fwy. At speeds >80kmh, he could hear the wind noise. After poking and prodding and removing bits of the A pillar trim and door seal (car had stopped at road side then), he concluded that the likely cause are gaps in the front windscreen sealant. He'll run more tests with an air blower back at the Service Centre---the likely remedy is my car will get a new front windscreen with proper sealing as they can't remove it without breaking the glass. I may need to make another appointment if they can't a windscreen in today.

I too have some wind noise front passenger , so I 'll be keen to hear the outcome.

Reactions: smaldo
Well can all new Tesla / Model 3 Owners please be more courteous than CLOWN (black 3SR) who pretty much occupied a supercharger station @ Richmond on Friday 1st Nov 9pm.. without charging ... selfish muppet .. other tesla owners need to charge and we would appreciate it if u dont treat the supercharger stations as your personal carpark!! next time i wont blank out ur number plate!!
803AEC0A-C819-4DB3-9FF5-956A9F2CB0B0.jpeg