Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been told the P's come with the mats etc.

Apparently they have been stripping these features out, even on the higher models.

MASTER THREAD: 2020 model year Model 3 and the differences, if any, from 2019

People are reporting no more frunk hooks - just places where they should have gone. As well as no carpet mats -- even in the LR./ perf

5471f597-e827-479a-9e30-982acef62b8b-jpeg.474731

Apparently they have been stripping these features out, even on the higher models.

People are reporting no more frunk hooks - just places where they should have gone. As well as no carpet mats -- even in the LR./ perf
Yeah, like frunk hooks are a premium high cost item. WTF?

My car is one of the “2020” models so will come without a frunk mat. So - any suggestions of where to get one from? Does Tesla sell them separately? I’m still expecting LR AWD to come with floor mats. I hope.

It's possible also that Tesla stopped delivering cars with defects, like they have with mine.
In WA they've put the blame on defects squarely on Autonexus and the fact that the cars need to go on multiple hops. They also have a small service centre work force (6 weeks between delivery and appointment) and outsource the body repairs. It'll probably be three months now between me receiving the car and getting the defects attended to.

5471f597-e827-479a-9e30-982acef62b8b-jpeg.474731

bugger, I was told by sales staff a resounding "yes" performance has mats.....maybe interior mats and not the frunk.....oh well....not an expensive thing to buy at least there isn't a left and right hand drive version ;-)

I was under the impression that at least in Australia the premium models had floor mats included but no the boot/frunk mats. At least this is what they said in Q3 that even though the mats were no longer included in the USA deliveries, they will be for AUS, however this may have changed. The SR+ had no mats included. However the mats are purchasable through the tesla service centres. I purchased the floor mats and sun shades for my SR+ after picking up the car. Just need to send an email to [email protected] and they will send you a quote.
The frunk bag hooks however were included in my SR+, so if they are no longer included that is a bit strange.
I did purchase a 3rd party frunk mat for my SR+ while I was waiting for my car, so it arrived before the car and I am happy with it.

If that’s the case, you will definitely win the prize for the shortest time in Australia between ordering and delivery! :D

Yes if the assumption is true that Debussy made a second pick up in Long Beach on 19/11 and picked up my car, I may be on track for 4-6 weeks order to delivery record. If it is indeed on Debussy and arrives in Sydney this Friday, it might be close to 4 weeks mark.

But hey its MY2020 so "resale"
The shortest time I have ever owned a car to date is 15 years, and I’m expecting to hold on to my Model 3 for at least that long, so model year is largely irrelevant in that scenario for “resale”. I think technology improvement in BEVs over that timeframe will have a much bigger effect on reducing the market value of the car.

There will be no need to replace vehicles like we did. Buying a BMW its out of date as some as your drive it out of the showroom. Tesla's are long term ownership as our cars should always be up to date. If you need new seats in 15 years replace them but not the car itself.

seriously doesn’t work out like that, I got given that line and I can tell you the MCU1 is frustrating slow, massive pauses when you press the voice activation button and for 2 of the 4 years of ownership was like this....Tesla wouldn’t entertain doing anything about it and just said maybe an update will fix it and said it is not a hardware issue.....so gets better all the time isn’t always the case.

seriously doesn’t work out like that, I got given that line and I can tell you the MCU1 is frustrating slow, massive pauses when you press the voice activation button and for 2 of the 4 years of ownership was like this....Tesla wouldn’t entertain doing anything about it and just said maybe an update will fix it and said it is not a hardware issue.....so gets better all the time isn’t always the case.

I can relate to this as tech changes very quickly (as no doubt all on here are aware).

I'm in denial a bit currently that it'll happen to me as my new shiny m3 is just 2 months old, but each time I read a post about the frustrations of earlier X and S owners not being able to upgrade I worry a bit more.

I'm hopeful Tesla will come good on their promise of replacing the necessary parts (included in FSD type packages) or paid, and that the cars do not become obsolete due to this not being available.

I can think of 3 scenarios, no doubt there are more.
1. Cars past a certain manufacture date are 'future-proof' and have enough for real FSD and robo-taxi already (not sure about that but hopeful)
2. Cars do not have future-proof upgrade paths and become obsolete. You get a new one every few years or when you're ****ed off with the current spec being behind (like an iPhone). This would be a tad disappointing.
3. All cars can be upgraded for the relevant bits and so this is like number 1 but inclusive of total fleet. (The dream!)

Not sure that all makes sense but I'll post it anyway...

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Posted this over in the other "waiting" thread. But there are now inventory Tesla M3 available on the site. Might be worth to pass on to anyone you know who wants to buy one, that way you can jump the queue. By the looks of it (some of them say "less than 50km") and specific locations (APAC-AU-VIC-Altona-AutoNexus) these are actual vehicles and not just orders. Meaning you could collect sooner than Feb.

Reactions: TaylorP
I'm in denial a bit currently that it'll happen to me as my new shiny m3 is just 2 months old, but each time I read a post about the frustrations of earlier X and S owners not being able to upgrade I worry a bit more.

I'm hopeful Tesla will come good on their promise of replacing the necessary parts (included in FSD type packages) or paid, and that the cars do not become obsolete due to this not being available.
Your fears are not entirely unfounded. I was lucky enough to win as a prize the very first version of iPad. It was great, but after about 4 years it became a paperweight. The highest level of iOS that it supported was 5.1 and an increasing number of apps would no longer run on it, or run incredibly slowly. And then companies making their iOS debut would make new apps that required iOS 6 or later. It eventually became untenable to continue using it and I had to buy a new one.

As Tesla adds more and more features to its cars (and potentially opens its Car OS to third party developers and has a Tesla App Store) it is possible that owners would run into this kind of issue. The car will still work, but a growing number of add-ons, innovations or nice to haves would become frozen in time or not work. Given the value of the car (compared to a handheld device like an iPad or iPhone) hopefully Tesla would offer CPU upgrades for a reasonable cost.

Has anyone noticed on the Model 3 ordering page that the LR AWD cars have an estimated delivery of December where the other two variants have an estimated February delivery.

That must mean that Tesla have a stockpile of LR cars in a warehouse ready to go without the usual 2-3 month wait (or an error on their ordering page)

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman