Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a video floating around FriendFace from the Port Kembla RO-RO berth showing a field of 1500 odd model 3 that were unloaded

There's a video floating around FriendFace from the Port Kembla RO-RO berth showing a field of 1500 odd model 3 that were unloaded

nice, hopefully no hail storms pass by, all the cars seem so exposed! my revised delivery for syd is now june 11 to jun 18

On May 5 I received a text telling me that "An estimated delivery range will now appear in your account". However, no delivery date has yet appeared.

Also, my account has had a message for a few weeks saying “We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account.“ That also has not happened. I am in Cairns so my Tesla sales person is in Brisbane. He verbally tells me a estimated delivery range (June 14 Bne and within a week to here) but says Tesla probably is not doing that because they don't know how long it will take to get on a truck in Brisbane and then get transported up here - but again he is happy to verbally give me estimates for those parts of the delivery.

Does anyone know if what I am experiencing is normal and nothing to worry about - or should my account being showing my final invoice and/or an estimated date range for delivery. Any thoughts would be much appreciated; thanks.

On May 5 I received a text telling me that "An estimated delivery range will now appear in your account". However, no delivery date has yet appeared.

Also, my account has had a message for a few weeks saying “We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account.“ That also has not happened. I am in Cairns so my Tesla sales person is in Brisbane. He verbally tells me a estimated delivery range (June 14 Bne and within a week to here) but says Tesla probably is not doing that because they don't know how long it will take to get on a truck in Brisbane and then get transported up here - but again he is happy to verbally give me estimates for those parts of the delivery.

Does anyone know if what I am experiencing is normal and nothing to worry about - or should my account being showing my final invoice and/or an estimated date range for delivery. Any thoughts would be much appreciated; thanks.
This is normal for the regions. You won't get a delivery sms. You will likely get a phone call. Your Tesla will have two movements. One to Brisbane, get detailed there, and then a second move to cairns. I keep a close eye on such things.

• Helpful
Reactions: Nobody Famous
My dates have now shifted to June 13 - June 22. Have a VIN (though not on Tesla's site, but did have one on my finance docs). Received the final invoice already via email.
Same mine got shifted, every day I refresh seems to go back a day or two....but yeah I think they have already allocated vehicles to us if you have a "estimated delivery date". I saw my VIN on the invoice too. Hopefully doesn't keep shifting back.

I have got a VIN and my Tesla account still says “We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account.“ and no delivery date to Townsville.
I have just had a email for the advisor and its waiting for transport and I put the vin in Queensland rego check it was registered 2 days ago so hopefully I will see it soon.

I have got a VIN and my Tesla account still says “We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account.“ and no delivery date to Townsville.
I have just had a email for the advisor and its waiting for transport and I put the vin in Queensland rego check it was registered 2 days ago so hopefully I will see it soon.
Great advice on the VIN, I will check on mine. Thanks to all of you for letting me know that I am not the only one. Makes me feel more confident.

My 2019 Model 3 has a little flat round button-thing which inflates lower parts of the seat. I don't find it at all intuitive to use though.

I've never quite managed to get a really comfortable position in my 3, despite fiddling over many months (and even reading seat-adjustment guidelines). Perhaps because my previous / other car has a very different driving position. Dunno.

But the lumbar controls do exist in the 3.

Question if I may. What's a reasonable price range for a set of new Pilot Sport 4Ss? (replacements for original tyres)

Tesla says about $2600. Presume generic tyre place would be less but quick check tells me that these are indeed expensive tyres (guess that depends on what you're used to).

Open to alternative tyre suggestions too.

Do others here 'rotate' their tyres like I see frequently mentioned by Americans on these forums? I've never done that before, but perhaps need to learn about this new maintenance item (in lieu of valves, points, timing). Inside of my 3's tyres is more worn than outside, on all 4 wheels, and I'm guessing that 'tyre rotation' might help to even out this wear, to extend the life of the tyres. Yes?

Thanks!

Question if I may. What's a reasonable price range for a set of new Pilot Sport 4Ss? (replacements for original tyres)
I replaced my rear pair recently. I had a unrepairable puncture in one and the tread was on the low side so it was best to replace both and keep the other as a "spare".

I paid $680 all up for two tyres (Michelin Pilot Sport 4) and a local tyre place.

• Helpful
Reactions: bay74
14 more Model 3s arrived in Devonport awaiting delivery!

(Photo from Dave C on FB)

1623457697328.png