Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a 2012 and I love that car. The one time I charged to 100% it showed 262 miles range. Degradation does not seem to be an issue for my car. Most of my charging is done at my house from the NEMA 14-50 outlet, so the supercharge max rate is not a huge concern to me.

Nice. Glad to hear the range degradation is really under control. Just curious, how many miles is on your car? Mileage and time are the two major factor on the battery. Mileage can be used to determine a rough estimate of the charge cycle.

I just did a few sorts to compare cars listed to those sold. Percentage-wise a lot more of the sold cars are 2013s vs 2014. For cars available, it's pretty even, so the average price has gone up partially because of that. I'm surprised at the ratio of P85/P85+ to S85 on the site.....

I am not surprised by this. The people who can afford the P85D are the people who can afford taking the depreciation hit on the P85 they bought only 2 years ago. The people who stretched their budget to get into a 60 probably also need to stick with the car over a longer period for financial reasons before being able to trade to something else.

Nice. Glad to hear the range degradation is really under control. Just curious, how many miles is on your car? Mileage and time are the two major factor on the battery. Mileage can be used to determine a rough estimate of the charge cycle.

My 2013 with 31k miles charges 90% to 239 miles and 95% to 255 miles. I haven't done a 100% charge yet, but that should track me to 265 miles at 100%. No worries about degradation here.

As of today just over 19,000. Tesla batteries are very durable. Much better than any of my previous EV adventures.

I am not surprised by this. The people who can afford the P85D are the people who can afford taking the depreciation hit on the P85 they bought only 2 years ago. The people who stretched their budget to get into a 60 probably also need to stick with the car over a longer period for financial reasons before being able to trade to something else.

Talked to a guy on Reddit who traded in his (pre autopilot) S60 for a P85 and it only ended up costing him around $2,000. That's a pretty significant jump for not so much cash. He went from about 25k miles on the S60 to 30k on the P85. Lost folding mirrors and parking sensors but got a pretty damn beefy car in exchange.

Sorry I meant without losing the deposit. You have to e-mail the ownership advisor with the new CPO VIN and they swap in a new RN. It's actually pretty nice because I found something more to my liking after I put down the deposit and they had already fixed up the CPO.

Talked to a guy on Reddit who traded in his (pre autopilot) S60 for a P85 and it only ended up costing him around $2,000. That's a pretty significant jump for not so much cash. He went from about 25k miles on the S60 to 30k on the P85. Lost folding mirrors and parking sensors but got a pretty damn beefy car in exchange.

i did the same thing, going from 60 to a p85 for about 7k out of pocket.

Wow. Did you guys go one year older model or just more miles? I just ordered a new 70d, maybe in a few years, I'll swap for p115d :)

Losing folding mirrors and parking sensors would indicate older. Real question to those that traded their newer 60s is do you feel that you gained something substantial (85 battery/"P" quickness/options you didn't have) for something you lost that you consider minor (newer vehicle/less miles/parking sensors/folding mirrors)?

I'm really ready to push the button on a CPO and was wondering what happens to the deposit if you change you mind as in backing out or seeing another CPO that you like better?

I had this issue. We hit the button on a P85 and the better half wanted a 85, Tesla would not let us switch. Love the P85 but it's to much for her. So now it's for sale, make sure you want what you hit the button for.

Highland Park Tesla Location

How come you can't see all the cars on the Chicago CPO site that they have at the Highland Park Store? There is close to 100 Cars at the Highland store from every color and option available. The CPO site only shows like 30 Cars
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG

Losing folding mirrors and parking sensors would indicate older. Real question to those that traded their newer 60s is do you feel that you gained something substantial (85 battery/"P" quickness/options you didn't have) for something you lost that you consider minor (newer vehicle/less miles/parking sensors/folding mirrors)?

that's pretty much it, just jumping from 60 to p85 is already a $20k option, on top of 21in wheels, air suspension, dual chargers, alcantara, lighting, carbon fiber decor then ur at 30k in additional options. I've turned off my parking sensors the past month to get used to it and it hasn't been a problem.