Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Model S at sunset - Imgur.jpg
    Model S at sunset - Imgur.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 68
Was about to post the exact same question. Same situation here - 2 referrals, no word from Tesla - not even a generic "thank you" email.

I feel like they value their referrers less and less with every round.

In round 2, I invested tons of time, ended up in 3rd place for North America (18 referrals), and couldn't even attend the M3 unveiling because Tesla will only provide travel assistance to the top referrer (who got $5,000 for the trip from Canada + 1 night accommodation - seems like fair and reasonable use of Tesla's resources to me...)

I really don't think I'll waste any more time going above and beyond promoting them (even though I still believe in their mission nevertheless).

I had to pay cash for the last $1000 toward our Model X that was delivered Saturday. My DS had told us we could apply our $1000 referral credit, kept "checking into it" then emailed today that it can only be used toward products and services, not toward car purchases.

I forwarded my original email that said it could be used toward a car purchase as well as the press release that said the same. But he claims the credit was never intended to be used for MX and that he talked to the regional manager who said the same.

This is pretty baffling, if only a minor annoyance as I'm sure we'll easily use the $1000 for tires or something, but we'd counted on the $1000 to offset the cost a bit.

We had just one sale to our credit during the first round of the ambassador program that started in July and ran to October of 2015. We had fully planned to use that $1000 toward our Model X which we'd ordered at least 2 years prior to the program. Based upon both a press release and the original email:

{snip}From now through October 31st, if someone buys a new Model S through your link (removed link), they will get $1,000 off the purchase price and you will get a $1,000 credit in your Tesla account, which can be applied to a future car purchase, service charge or accessories.{snip}

Well, apparently, they never intended to allow the credit to be used toward a Model X, only toward Model S, and now I think even that they don't want to honor. I pushed back modestly but was told that our Regional Manager confirmed that they never intended and would not allow the credit to be applied toward our Model X. It wasn't worth a court battle as I'll need new tires on the Model S soon enough and the credit can, apparently, be used for that. But if anyone is sitting on a bunch of referral credits and expected to use it toward a Model X (or maybe even an S), you very well may be unable to do so.

Has anyone noticed that a new referral program is up effective May 29, 2016? I have referral linked and they show up on the screen but the 1,000 doesn't get applied when you go to order it.

Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 10.45.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 10.45.26 PM.png
    495.2 KB · Views: 63

Now that the referral program is back and available for Model X owners, I would like to post my Randomized Referral thread on the X form as I did previously for the S.

I created a simple webpage where Tesla owners can input their referral link. The inputted referral link automatically randomizes each time the page is loaded so prospected buyers have a link to choose from.

Tesla Owners: Feel free to add your referral link to the randomizes list.

Prospected Buyers: It must be hard to choose a referral link as they are so many helpful members on TMC, you may use this site to obtain a randomized referral link.

Note: If you previously submitted your referral program, please don't submit again.

I appreciate any feedback

Are you sure that the referral program is rewarding current owners? From what was reported, it looks like a new owner will automatically receive $1000 credit to apply towards service or accessories. I didn't see anything about any other rewards for anyone else.

But maybe more info is yet to be posted? Or do you have more information?

Status
Not open for further replies.