Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting an article that got their information from this forum is making my head hurt.
Here's the reality: No one knows at the moment. But we have a LOT of posts stating things as fact. All I see is that someone buying an S or an X should be able to get a $1000 credit for future purchases to go with that new vehicle.
I see nothing on the Tesla website about a new referral program. Where did this "news" come from?

Sometimes the Internet creates it's own reality...which isn't reality.

The old referral links bring up that landing page, which wasn't used in any prior programs. Tesla was often inconsistent in coordinating the link with the start of the program and the rules, etc. Communication is not a strong point for Tesla. ;)

Arrrrgh! I just lovingly placed my new order for a new MS (I have a 'classic' vin 16000 range car), and clicked 'confirm' late Saturday night (May 28th).

Much to my surprise I see a new referral program launched May 29th, less than 12-18 hours after I clicked confirm! I had literally just talked to the local Tesla manager on the Friday (May 27th) and we were commiserating on how it would have been great to have the referral program again.

I'm really hoping my local Tesla guys can swing the credit for me (I just sent an email), especially since I was an early owner, and have spent lots of time over the last 3 years talking up and answering questions on Teslas!

At any rate, here's my referral link in case someone wants to take advantage of the credit:
Referral | Tesla Motors

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla just posted details on the new referral program running May 30 to July 15. The purchaser gets $1,000 off their S or X order.

Here's my link for you to use: Referral | Tesla Motors

Benefits for the existing owner:

5 Qualifying Referrals
Owners who make 5 qualifying referrals will receive a set of 21” custom Arachnid wheels in black, silver or grey, including summer performance tires and installation. These exclusive forged aluminum wheels offer improved performance and are not available for purchase.

4+ Qualifying Referrals
Each owner who makes 4 or more qualifying referrals will receive an invitation for two to attend the Gigafactory opening event at the end of July, including transportation to the Gigafactory from Reno, Nevada.

3+ Qualifying Referrals
Owners who make 3 or more referrals will receive an exclusive Tesla Owners Jacket.

2+ Qualifying Referrals
Owners who makes 2 or more qualifying referrals will receive a Tesla Moab Weekender Bag that matches their car’s interior.

Ludicrous P90D Model X
Each qualified referral you make gives you an additional entry into a drawing to win a Ludicrous P90D Model X.

It looks to me that Tesla misfired a bit on starting the latest referral program. Maybe the IT department thought it started Monday (activating the links) and the department that was supposed to send out the notices thought it started on Tuesday?

The 2016 stockholder's meeting is Tuesday and Elon has dropped a few hints there would be some announcements.

AMAZING prizes! Those exclusive wheels sound really enticing, can't wait to see the set in photos! Any1?
Kudos to Tesla! They just upped their games and brought a lot more fun into their referral program!
p.s. Tesla Referral Program contribution so far:
Round 1: 2
Round 2: 9
Round 3: 3
Round 4: 5 at least! (That's the goal I set for myself this time around lol)

Looks like they just launched another referral program. $1k off for new owners. 6 prizes for existing owners.

"Our customers loved it in the past, so we’ve decided to bring back the Tesla Referral Program. Just share your personal code with your friends, family, or anyone else. Up to 5 of them can use the code between now and July 15, 2016 to get a $1,000 credit towards a new Model S or Model X.

Your personal code: http://ts.la/ethan6404

As a thank you, there will be a range of awards including exclusive merchandise, an invitation to our Gigafactory opening event, and a set of 21” custom Arachnid wheels. Each referral order also gives you an additional entry in a drawing to win a Ludicrous P90D Model X.

Check out the full details of the program here and look out for some other surprises along the way! "

• Disagree
Reactions: Peanuticus
You can go to this link to find those that have limited out: Tesla Referral Game

It only lists three per region, but at least it gives some info on who shouldn't be in the rotation anymore.

At least on Firefox the site has a bit at the top, then a huge blank area and a small box about 1 cm tall and a scroll bar over on the right. It only shows one line of text at a time. Is this optimized for phones or something?

I posted a screenshot of what I see.

2016-05-31_Screenshot_12.jpg

Hi All! You can save $1000 by using one of the below referral codes when making your order.

Post your referral codes below and lets spread the word!

United States
  1. http://ts.la/alexander452 - Myself
  2. Referral | Tesla Motors - Janto
  3. Referral | Tesla Motors - Defcon5
  4. Referral | Tesla Motors - Shdhog
  5. Referral | Tesla Motors - NovemberXray
  6. Referral | Tesla Motors - Blueguse
  7. Referral | Tesla Motors - Nevek
  8. Referral | Tesla Motors - MorrisonHiker
  9. Referral | Tesla Motors - Marty2112
  10. Referral | Tesla Motors - Eftw
  11. Referral | Tesla Motors - PeterK
  12. Referral | Tesla Motors - Shrink
  13. Referral | Tesla Motors - Brancia
  14. Referral | Tesla Motors - Eyespii
  15. Referral | Tesla Motors - Atechsnob
  16. Referral | Tesla Motors - Mkoebi
  17. Referral | Tesla Motors - Jpuconn
  18. Referral | Tesla Motors - Jtg
  19. Referral | Tesla Motors - Rfmurphy81
  20. Referral | Tesla Motors - Mrbigsmiles
  21. Referral | Tesla Motors - Tae2601
  22. Referral | Tesla Motors - Hwthdegree
  23. Referral | Tesla Motors - Wdolson
  24. Referral | Tesla Motors - Cr8it
  25. Referral | Tesla Motors - Angelsun
  26. Referral | Tesla Motors - Timsrunnin
  27. Referral | Tesla Motors - Flatsix911
  28. Referral | Tesla Motors - Msullivan
  29. Referral | Tesla Motors - Syswei
  30. Referral | Tesla Motors - Daeriksolutions
  31. Referral | Tesla Motors - Moparposterchild
  32. Referral | Tesla Motors - Thatgoogleguy
  33. Referral | Tesla Motors - Twbc
  34. Referral | Tesla Motors - Friscodad
  35. Referral | Tesla Motors - Gaskilla
  36. Referral | Tesla Motors - Beantobe

Canada

1. Referral | Tesla Motors - Dohmer
  2. Referral | Tesla Motors Canada - Mnec
  3. Referral | Tesla Motors - Stevew25561
  4. Referral | Tesla Motors - Morristhecat
  5. Referral | Tesla Motors - Fstop
United Kingdom
  1. Referral | Tesla Motors - Xborg
Norway
  1. Referral | Tesla Motors - Blip
Netherlands
  1. Referral | Tesla Motors - Jurl
  2. Referral | Tesla Motors - Ultmia
Switzerland
  1. Referral | Tesla Motors - Bladerunner
Hong Kong
  1. Referral | Tesla Motors - Chlaw888

France
  1. Referral | Tesla Motors - Fren
EDIT: 5/31/16 1116P EST - Went ahead and updated the list! Good night all!

Last edited:
The last time there was a referral program, I wasn't an owner yet, so I didn't pay much attention to the etiquette of posting your referral code. I think I recall something about it being bad form to create a thread with your referral code, but I don't recall the other details.

I recall seeing people's referral code in their sig line during some of the referral programs, but I can't recall if they had been banned for the last one or not.

I just wanted the rules clarified, and maybe the forum rules should have something specific about referral codes because it looks like Tesla will be doing these programs periodically going into the future and we always have new members who may not know and people like me who didn't pay attention the last time around.

I know these things can be a headache for an admin, I've co-administered one forum since the late 90s and I'm moderator on another.

You will get an email with your link and it will show up in your MyTesla page.
Referral Program

Referral Program

The new Tesla Referral Program begins May 30 and will run until July 15, 2016. Anyone who orders a new Model S or Model X during this period using the referral link of a Tesla owner will get a $1,000 credit towards the purchase price.

To show our appreciation, referring owners will be eligible for our Referral Program awards:

5 Qualifying Referrals
Owners who make 5 qualifying referrals will receive a set of 21” custom Arachnid wheels in black, silver or grey, including summer performance tires and installation. These exclusive forged aluminum wheels offer improved performance and are not available for purchase.

4+ Qualifying Referrals
Each owner who makes 4 or more qualifying referrals will receive an invitation for two to attend the Gigafactory opening event at the end of July, including transportation to the Gigafactory from Reno, Nevada.

3+ Qualifying Referrals
Owners who make 3 or more referrals will receive an exclusive Tesla Owners Jacket.

2+ Qualifying Referrals
Owners who makes 2 or more qualifying referrals will receive a Tesla Moab Weekender Bag that matches their car’s interior.

Ludicrous P90D Model X
Each qualified referral you make gives you an additional entry into a drawing to win a Ludicrous P90D Model X.

We know that without our customers we would not be where we are today. This is our way of thanking you for your support in building the Tesla community.

Limits
Related order must be placed between May 30, 2016 and July 15, 2016 and delivered for a referral code to qualify. Pre-owned vehicles are not eligible. Limit of 5 referrals per owner.

Unless otherwise noted, owners receiving invitations to Tesla events will be responsible for the cost of their own travel, lodging and other incidentals.

Must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for awards. No entry fee, payment or purchase required for the drawing. A random drawing will be held on or around July 31, 2016 to determine the winner. The winner will be contacted thereafter. Awards are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. The winner is responsible for all taxes and local requirements and fees. Program and awards are conditional on and subject to local laws and regulations. Unfortunately, Ohio and Virginia residents are not eligible for awards.

Good Faith
We introduce programs such as these in good faith and expect the same good faith in return. Please note that we may withhold awards where we believe customers are acting in bad faith or otherwise acting contrary to the intent of this program. To be clear, commercializing or otherwise selling referral codes is not appropriate, and we will not honor such codes. We cannot cover every nefarious scenario, nor will we attempt to, but we do promise to be fair and reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.