Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it mentions 7+ instead of 5+, I would think that would mean it was for the round that ended 1/15. I guess it's true 7 is larger than 5 and it could be this round but I'm betting it was the previous round.

Yes, I get that part, but that's not what I was asking. I was asking what the mytesla page currently shows. @Bengineer gave two different answers to the same question.

Yes, I get that part, but that's not what I was asking. I was asking what the mytesla page currently shows. @Bengineer gave two different answers to the same question.
No, I meant that CURRENTLY I have 5 referrals, which is why the Tesla lady was saying that I'll get a Powerwall for the CURRENT round if everyone takes delivery.

But since my page is also showing 7 referrals for LAST ROUND by now (at the end of that program, it only showed 6), I should be getting a PW for last round as well, no?

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
No, I meant that CURRENTLY I have 5 referrals, which is why the Tesla lady was saying that I'll get a Powerwall for the CURRENT round if everyone takes delivery.

But since my page is also showing 7 referrals for LAST ROUND by now (at the end of that program, it only showed 6), I should be getting a PW for last round as well, no?
Yes, assuming at least 7 take delivery for the previous round.

So this Tesla person is just telling me complete bullshit about there not being any PW2s for last round's US referrers? Seeing how she's specifically responsible for the referral program, shouldn't she know better?
I just reread your last post and saw where it said the the Powerwall "only applies to owners in Canada and Mexico". That's incorrect information. When the last program first started, they weren't available in the US but then a few weeks later, they sent an update saying they'd enhanced the program and added the Powerwall.

As Hank just mentioned, they sent out the surveys and it asked if we were interested in receiving the Powerwall prize that was earned.

Here's a question. MyTesla shows (looking at previous referral programs) that I have 4 referrals for the last program (October 16-Jan 15). If all 4 take delivery, what do I get? I know they changed the terms with the current active program, but I can't find a place to see what was offered for the last program.
There was no prize for 4 referrals but you'd get a bag for 2 and a thermal jacket for reaching 3. 5 was the VIP lunch, 7 was the Powerwall and 10 was an event invite.

Well the Jacket is what I'd love to have. Hopefully at least 3 of my 4 take delivery and I'll get something by the end of 2017....

Might I ask where you see it listed? Or is it not listed anymore and you just have kept track (In which case I need to do that going forward)....
I have it memorized but if you search the threads you can probably find the various prizes that were offered for each phase of the referral program.

if anyone would like to use my code I have plenty to go around. I'd love to get that mini Tesla for my little guy
I recommend you just purchase a mini tesla. By the time you get the referrals, all buyers take delivery without cancellation due to AP3 or HUD or whatever v-next entails, and then Tesla actually ships your prize after you inquire 5 times via email if you will even get it, ... your child will no longer fit in the mini tesla. :) Seriously, best of luck with the referrals.

I recommend you just purchase a mini tesla. By the time you get the referrals, all buyers take delivery without cancellation due to AP3 or HUD or whatever v-next entails, and then Tesla actually ships your prize after you inquire 5 times via email if you will even get it, ... your child will no longer fit in the mini tesla. :) Seriously, best of luck with the referrals.
I'm an optimist

Here is my theory on the referral program mystery. With prizes for being the first to 20 referrals per region, SEO-savvy owners are buying ad words, etc. to get the referral flow. By the time anyone gets to this forum or finds a friend they have already configured their car with one of the click-bait ads.

Paying for ad words, etc. are not worth it for the normal programs as you would spend about as much as the prizes are worth. I wonder if they are capped at 8 referrals this phase or can they get their 20 referrals and crawl back under their rocks.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Here is my theory on the referral program mystery. With prizes for being the first to 20 referrals per region, SEO-savvy owners are buying ad words, etc. to get the referral flow. By the time anyone gets to this forum or finds a friend they have already configured their car with one of the click-bait ads.

Paying for ad words, etc. are not worth it for the normal programs as you would spend about as much as the prizes are worth. I wonder if they are capped at 8 referrals this phase or can they get their 20 referrals and crawl back under their rocks.

You got a point there. I feel like the drawing is a better model for us, but seeing advertisements for Tesla without Tesla spending a penny is great. $1000 off the price of the car for running advertisements is great for Tesla.

I just want my rims to deliver. I saw a few people got there's. Anybody get a call yet from Tesla for the wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.