Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tesla would feel the same about anyone else just "throwing" their referral code out on a public website and saying use mine use mine. Surely the "intent" of the referral program was to incentivize someone to actively promote and talk up buying a Tesla. From podcasts to for profit websites to people on TMC saying use mine....I don't think that was the intent..Tesla probably considers it an uninted consequence.

Tesla's intent was to sell more vehicles, I really doubt they care one way or another how the order book is filled. Creative fans find ways to line their pockets (or get goodies) and Tesla gets orders - beats pouring money into hard to measure branding campaigns and TV ads.

As long as those referral codes don't end up next to anything unsavory I am sure the marketing department (is that just Elon and the referral program staff?) is happy.

Has anyone in Colorado received their Arachnid wheels from Denver Service Center for the October 2016 referral program? In early April, we were told that the Arachnid wheels would arrive in two to three weeks. It's probably been five or six weeks since we got that email. When we ask at the SC, they say they don't have our Arachnids. :(

Would be interesting to see how many Tesla YouTube channels shut down if this happens. While there are several useful channels, there are a lot of channels that obviously exist only to get referrals and are full of "filler" videos. Oh, Elon tweeted something, time to make a video so I can push my link... A new OTA update with no newsworthy changes? Time for a 6-part series to pump that link...

If I'm in my late teens, if I write down a referral code to be used, say 5-6 years from now when I'd purchase a model S, would I still be able to get that unlimited supercharger feature?
I feel like even if i wrote down 100+ of them found all across the internet, a lot can happen in 5-6 years that would get those referral codes to expire

I'm still gonna try lol because that's quite the feature
maybe not 100 but, you get the idea

If I'm in my late teens, if I write down a referral code to be used, say 5-6 years from now when I'd purchase a model S, would I still be able to get that unlimited supercharger feature?
I feel like even if i wrote down 100+ of them found all across the internet, a lot can happen in 5-6 years that would get those referral codes to expire

I'm still gonna try lol because that's quite the feature
maybe not 100 but, you get the idea
This referral program only goes through the end of the year. Most likely, it will be extended once again but I don't know if they will still be having referrals five years from now.
With that being said, feel free to try my link in 5 years. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.