Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if anyone needs a referral link before the Free Lifetime Supercharging promotion expires April 30, 2018, please use mine and feel free to contact me with purchase decisions for S or X as I have one of each.

My link is: Unlimited Tesla Supercharging and Extended Solar Warranty -- or just the code azita3140

And private message me when you use it, as I will gladly gift you the free order link for the black Tesla wall charger (or kids Tesla) as I have no need for either.

Our Model S got totaled in a bad accident and with the new referral program starting in May, I thought I would ask the community if they would like to use our code in the hopes of getting 27 referrals. That's half way to a free roadster 2.0. I hope to buy the roadster, sell it and user the proceeds to buy a replacement car. I have 8 referrals already, so 19 more. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can offer guidance on ordering, charging, taking delivery, incentives, taxes, body, protection and so on. PM me if interested.

Our Model S got totaled in a bad accident and with the new referral program starting in May, I thought I would ask the community if they would like to use our code in the hopes of getting 27 referrals. That's half way to a free roadster 2.0. I hope to buy the roadster, sell it and user the proceeds to buy a replacement car. I have 8 referrals already, so 19 more. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can offer guidance on ordering, charging, taking delivery, incentives, taxes, body, protection and so on. PM me if interested.
@Younis, you do know that Tesla will be issuing you a 1099 for the amount of the discount they give you on the "free roadster", right?
I just hope that Tesla can in some way legally bind people who receive the discount on their roadster and prevent them from reselling them. Tesla should be able to prevent this in some way, just as they are preventing the selling of M3 reservation spots. The intent of the roadster referral program is not to profit from it but to enjoy the rewards of the hard work it took referring all your friends to buy a Tesla in the first place.

Ford has sued John Cena for reselling of its covered GT in less than 1 month of owning it.

John Cena sued for flipping his Ford GT

Excerpt:
Remember how Ford hand-picked its buyers for the $450,000-plus Ford GT supercar? Wrestler John Cena was one of the 500 lucky ones who got one, but he quickly sold the car afterwards. Now Ford is taking him to court, as buyers were contractually obligated to keep the car for two years before selling it.

Automakers tend to cringe when their rare supercars are resold for a higher price after they’re sold. For one, that means they’re not the ones making the big bucks off of their own products. Marques like Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Ford heavily discourage buyers from flipping their cars, sometimes using contracts like the one Cena signed for the Ford GT. If the company finds out you made a profit flipping your new supercar, it often means you won’t be invited to purchase future rare offerings from that marque.

Ford Motor Company is taking things a step further however—the company filed a lawsuit Thursday against Cena in the U.S. District Court in Michigan for breach of contract, fraudulent misrepresentation, and unjust enrichment. The suit alleges that Cena flipped the car for a significant profit too soon after his purchase in violation of the contract he signed with Ford to purchase the 2017 Ford GT:

Mr. Cena has unfairly made a large profit from the unauthorized resale flip of the vehicle, and Ford has suffered additional damages and losses, including, but not limited to, loss of brand value, ambassador activity, and customer goodwill due to the improper sale.
Ford wants Cena to hand over any profits he made from the sale and is also asking for compensation for “other damages including, but not limited to, damages for loss of brand value, ambassador activity, and customer goodwill, which exceed $75,000.”

p2rkwfjy3giywwa8bfdu.jpg

Ford picked a number of celebrities and other “influencers” to own its new GT, no doubt because they could broadcast how cool the car was to more people. Cena, a known car collector who also had a 2006 Ford GT, was chosen out of approximately 7,000 applicants to buy the car after touting his reach and car-nut cred, per the text of the lawsuit. Ford clearly wanted its GT owners to continue to be seen driving the GT for a while to positively represent its brand.
Per the lawsuit, Ford made the rules on reselling the 2017 GT extra clear to its buyers at numerous times during the purchase process. The Order Confirmation that Cena signed for the car reads:

By signing this Order Confirmation Form you are verifying the following: ... (B) You understand that being selected for the opportunity to purchase this vehicle is non-transferable and agree not to sell the vehicle within the first 24 months of delivery.

Cena took delivery of the car on September 23, 2017, yet Ford learned that he sold it on October 20, 2017—less than a month after he got it. Cena confirmed to Ford that he had sold it in a phone conversation with a company representative shortly afterwards. He promised to work with Ford to make what they called an “unlawful sale” right, but Ford claims he has not.

Status
Not open for further replies.